Best line

Soragoi

Looking for a really decent line for some course fishing this year. I'll be using it at my stills, rivers and canals, member of lakes so got a lot places to fish. I'll be using a pellet waggler most of the time but the fish where I go do get big, I've got guru drag line 4lb on one of my spools but want a better line on my main spool, I use diawa sensor for carp fishing no issues with it but was seeing if there's anything better about? It'll be going on my daiwa crossfire 4000B and tackle box 12ft float rod.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
For that sort of tackle I’d go 4lb maxima or 5lb hyper sensor. It’s a bit of a heavy set up for rivers, canals and traditional Stillwater float fishing though. For that you’d want a 2500-3000 reel with 3lb line (4lb max) and a lighter float rod unless you’d be only specifically targeting the bigger species.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
I'm a firm believer of SuperG line. Used it for years - note that the Guru at 4;b is 0.20mm; the same size line in SuperG is rated at Breaking Strain: 3.77kg / 8.3lb, Diameter: 0.20mm, You could afford to drop to:

Breaking Strain: 2.45kg / 5.4lb, Diameter: 0.16mm, Length: 150m - about £9 for 150 yards.

I've spooled all my reels with this and leave about 20-30 yards on the spool which I use for hook lengths.

This main line 0.20mm (8.3lb) and hook length 16mm (5.4lb)

Soragoi

For that sort of tackle I’d go 4lb maxima or 5lb hyper sensor. It’s a bit of a heavy set up for rivers, canals and traditional Stillwater float fishing though. For that you’d want a 2500-3000 reel with 3lb line (4lb max) and a lighter float rod unless you’d be only specifically targeting the bigger species.
Yeah this setup is rather heavy, mainly tench and bream. I also have a smaller setup for silverfish which I normally use but the reels seen better days, the rod is a Abu Garcia Enticer match rod. Was thinking about a sonik 4500 for that but not to sure.

Soragoi

I'm a firm believer of SuperG line. Used it for years - note that the Guru at 4;b is 0.20mm; the same size line in SuperG is rated at Breaking Strain: 3.77kg / 8.3lb, Diameter: 0.20mm, You could afford to drop to:

Breaking Strain: 2.45kg / 5.4lb, Diameter: 0.16mm, Length: 150m - about £9 for 150 yards.

I've spooled all my reels with this and leave about 20-30 yards on the spool which I use for hook lengths.

This main line 0.20mm (8.3lb) and hook length 16mm (5.4lb)
I did notice it was quite thick compared to other line. I've not used the setup yet either waiting for my membership to come through, and I've heard mixed reviews on the drag line so a bit unsure on it.