Best hooklength quick change bead?

markyboy

What do you use to allow hooklength changes when fishing a free running method feeder? I use the x-safe elasticated guru stems but am not a fan of their quick change hooklength attachment, have lost several hooks where they have pulled out of the attachment so wondering what you use when not using elasticated feeders?

DavC1h

Know what you mean about the Guru hooklength attachment, I have also lost hooklengths whilst fishing.

I use the Drennan connectors when using in line feeder.

T.I

Site Supporter
I find the middy ones to be the easiest to use.

You could always tie whichever bead you prefer to a piece of elastic and tie that to the metal clip of the x-safe system.

I've also not had any problem using the ringed version putting the loop of the hooklength through the ring and then pulling the hook through the loop.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Depends what the tackle shop has in. I prefer the Drennan ones but sometimes they have only the Fox ones in.

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Drennan all the way (y)

I use them with the Drennan method feeders because they seem to have the best semi-bolt effect, Drennan feeders cast awesomely accurate too.

TheFarr

another vote for the Drennan ones. They seem to be the easiest ones to use and the most secure.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Yes, Drennan Method Connectors.

Not only allow quick change of hooklength but also quick change of feeder/lead.

Steve47

I use guru,never had issues.could never get korum ones open.do mainly use 9lb hooklength might be why

Captain Pugwash

Ya wont catch owt sat on the settee. P.A.C Member
I bought some of these the other day and used them all day yesterday with no issues inc lots of hook length changes.