Best fishing TV show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchman123

Woody
Two of my favourites are catching the impossible and day ticket. Wondering what ones everyone else likes

T.I

Site Supporter
Definately not Fishing Impossible, absolute pants. I quite enjoy listening to the grizzly tales in River Monsters and I find the different species interesting. Not seen the two you mention, will take a look.

sidev77

Site Supporter
Must admit I always enjoyed Day Ticket, loved the Matt Hayes/Mick Brown Rod Races however contrived they are. To be honest I will watch anything to do with fishing, it's funny watching the old Matt Hayes Total Fishing and seeing all the 'new' tactics and gear compares to the stuff now available!!

genesis

Living Leg End
Originally posted by Matchman123

Two of my favourites are catching the impossible and day ticket. Wondering what ones everyone else likes
Day ticket was the business. Just like fishing with ya mate. Don't know why they never made another. Reel Wars was good until you realised the two guys were not just ordinary anglers but fishing mag editors.

smiffy

Originally posted by NathanWatson

I don't understand the question?
To is supposed to be tv I think. Predictive text.
I like watching anything apart from the silly ones that seem to be creeping in on mainstream telly.

Last edited:

Woody29

Absolute favourite by a county mile was `A Passion for Angling' with Chris Yates and Bob Church, narrated by Bernard Cribbins. Just magical.
Also a great fan of the early John Wilson programmes which were first screened in the late 80's I think.
As mentioned by someone earlier, Day Ticket was very good if it's the one I'm thinking of with the two fellas fishing together, they had a great on screen chemistry and didn't take it all too seriously, a very enjoyable watch.
Honorable mention to Matt Hayes and Mick Brown. They've done quite a few fishing programmes together but The Great Rod Race was excellent even though Matt can be a little annoying and more than a little ego driven but I will forgive him for that as he's obviously a very capable angler. Mick Brown comes across as a very likeable chap.

Ones that I'm not a fan of `Thinking Tackle' - Korda Advertisement TV.
Anything with Robson Jerome - No explanation required.

Last edited:

Woody29

Thanks Neil, you are right of course. It was Bob James.
And it is Robson Green and not Robson (&) Jerome....brain still in weekend mode I think.

Last edited:

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Fishing Adventurer anyone? I quite liked Cyril.

90sGear

Site Supporter
The best mainstream show was Screaming reels in the 90s funny and interesting. Now the best are online IE Steve Ringers skill school, maps videos with Jamie may are both particularly good

Seanm

For humour it's got to be the complete angler with Geoffrey Palmer and Rae Borras, I think that the dry cutting comments from Geoffrey are fantastic shame there was so much fluff flinging in it.

Maverick

Site Supporter
Never seen Day Ticket. Is there any online footage about of it. I know there is plenty of the John Wilson stuff about.

Chris1Richo

Richo
Site Supporter
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Ticket-DVD/dp/B000YQAN2U

Can buy it here.

fishingkev

Catching the Impossible was great

I normally catch the Great rod race when its on although been repeated lots.

Thinking tackle I record and fast forward to the terminal tackle part and baits.

I did like Carp Crew with Kevin Green (RIP).

Gone right off Fishing Guru, Macey so over the top IMO.

DFL

For those with Kodi there's plenty of good stuff within Fishermans Cove.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-fishermans-cove-kodi/

N

Noddy21016

Originally posted by DFL

For those with Kodi there's plenty of good stuff within Fishermans Cove.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-fishermans-cove-kodi/
Thanks, that's brilliant

middyman

Don't mind Robson green ,just keep in mind it's entertainment and not instructional. Hes just doing what we would all love to do and getting paid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.