Best carp pole?

sammi001

Hey,

So I’ve decided to get back into fishing after 15 years!

I always prefer pole fishing and really enjoyed it as a teenager! As tech has changed and evolved im not sure what’s the best on the market right now.

I’m looking to target carp and big fish. I was looking at the Preston XS Carp but don’t wanna rush into buying a pole straight away. Would love some thoughts from members on here.

Thanks,

Scott

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There are quite a few out there. Shimano Beastmaster, Middy Muscle-Tech or White Knuckle, Maver Carp Fighter...the list is endless. Do you have a tackle shop near you? if so, go and try a couple out and see what suits you as there's also length to consider but keep in mind that the cheaper the pole, the heavier it will probably be. The availability of spare top kits/sections is something else to think about.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Middy M3 Margin pole if you are after big lumps or fish anywhere near snags. It's not just a solid pole for monsters, i have also had silvers on it no problem,

Corn Master

Site Supporter
I can only speak from experience while handling these poles but the
Muscle-Tech 1150 is awesome for the price. I love mine also have the
M2
XT15
Not pushing cause I'm sponsored just because I've used them and am very impressed. Watch the first part of this vid re the Muscle-Tech

sammi001

I can only speak from experience while handling these poles but the
Muscle-Tech 1150 is awesome for the price. I love mine also have the
M2
XT15
Not pushing cause I'm sponsored just because I've used them and am very impressed. Watch the first part of this vid re the Muscle-Tech

Wow it looks great!!!!!

sammi001

Ok, so after looking at the Middy Muscle-Tech it looks great. So what are you paying for with say the Preston XS Carp; apart from the length and top kits?!!

Scott

Fred Davis

The new Drennan accolyte pro carp looks superb can be bought at 13mtres , 14.5 or 16 meters you can buy the 13 metre pole and then add the extensions as you wish, the most innovative thing about this pole is that you have the normal top two kits plus the f1/shallow shorter kit this kit comes with a small extension to make it the same length as your power kit so you only need the one cupping kit whether fishing long top two's or the shorter F1 kit very innovative, Drennan state it is extremely strong has to be worth a look. Looks a lot stiffer than the old accolyte carp pole and Drennan state it is and much more responsive.

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Ok, so after looking at the Middy Muscle-Tech it looks great. So what are you paying for with say the Preston XS Carp; apart from the length and top kits?!!

Scott
Hi Scott. What do you mean, why the cost of the Preston is more money

Mixin123

I've got the Middy M2 which is pretty good, but spares availability is dismal like most things by Middy which lets it down.

I've also got the Drennan Series 7 8.5M Margin Pole & Shimano Beastmaster which are both very good with easily accessible top kits & sections, even though the latter is discontinued.

If I had to pick one, I'd go for the Beastmaster.

Blanks

Site Supporter
If it's a margin pole you are after for the same money as the middy you could get the tricast trilogy 2 margin, probably the best margin pole around and spares for ever, and extendable to 12.2m.
If you want longer with the same power have a look at the tricast Iconic pro, 14m version about£1250, superb bit of kit, strong, light 1000gms, stiff and great shipping, 9 top kits and spares for ever.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Poles are made to fit certain areas of the market, the middy is aiming at a different market than the preston. If middy made a pole to the same spec as the preston it's price would be comparable.

16m-andbadback

Site Supporter
I have owned a preston response xs carp and would still have it if it wasn't for the fact my wife bought me a xs70 for all round match fishing, for me it was a great pole great at 13m good at 14.5m and at 16m hmmmm but all poles lose a lot at 16m and a fantastic spares package sold it in 6 hours on here