Bedchairs

juttle

Site Supporter
Morning all,

As I seem to have an inordinate amount of free time at the moment I thought it would be an ideal time to do a bit of a revamp on the old T4 van. I’ve already removed the rock and roll bed so I can get my golf trolley thing inside, I don’t play golf, a good walk ruined, but do use the buggy to get me and my gear to the bank as walking is a thing that I’ve had to confine to the mists of time section in my memory’s filing system! What I need is a good solid high bedchair, like the Nash Tallboy, but can’t find one. There’s no way I could get my ailing carcass down to the level of a standard bedchair, well, not actually true, I could, but I’d never, ever, be able to get up from one without the assistance of military grade lifting gear or explosives!

Apparently, Nash are no longer making the tallboy stuff anymore so what’s about that’s tall, strong, reliable, good looking, and wants the company of an old cripple? God, this is beginning to sound like a dating site, er, so I’m told...

So, what’s out there guys?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Most bedchairs have extendable legs... failing that get some step class steps and place the bed onto those to raise it up higher

juttle

Site Supporter
All the beds I’ve looked at have extending legs but none of them go high enough! I’ll look into those step class things, Arry, thinking about it, I could end up with a more secure bed as the legs won’t be fully extended and should make the thing more rigid!

cheers mate!

squimp

Site Supporter
Just a thought:

will bed chair legs fit inside a scaffold pole ? Especially if you take off the feet !

simply cut 4x (maybe 6) lengths of metal tube as required and slide the over the chair legs.

weight isn’t an issue as they are staying in your van.

a bit mad, but it might just work.

juttle

Site Supporter
Just a thought:

will bed chair legs fit inside a scaffold pole ? Especially if you take off the feet !

simply cut 4x (maybe 6) lengths of metal tube as required and slide the over the chair legs.

weight isn’t an issue as they are staying in your van.

a bit mad, but it might just work.
I was thinking of changing the inner legs for longer tubes, but your idea of using external tube over the existing legs sounds much better. I’ll keep that idea in mind, thanks!

juttle

Site Supporter
Right, that’s sorted! One Avid Terabyte bedchair ordered. I’m just hoping I’m alive at the end of all this to use it come next piking season. (I know, shut the {expletive deleted} up you morbid dratsab!

cheers all, a veritable mine of information the lot of youse!

Lcn

Avid Terrabyte might be worth looking at. Legs extend up to 90cm
I had one of them and it was spot on and one of the reasons I got it was because im not an hobbit and prefer the longer legs . Looked at a trakker one before that and it was ridiculously low for someone tall

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Fishing Talk 9
C Tackle Talk 2
G Fishing Talk 1
Dave Fishing Talk 51
M Polling Booth 9