Bed time

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Retired so bed about midnight usually and up when I feel like it. Usually up about 8.30 but earlier if going fishing and later if I can hear the rain hammering on the roof.

Dusty Rhodes

I work shifts so I do a bit of everything.
If I’m on normal days or days off then usually I’m in bed for 10 and watch telly for an hour or so before nodding off.
My afters shifts usually finish at either 10pm or 2am in which case I usually go straight to bed and get up around 8.30am.

On night shifts I will finish at 7am, have about 3 hours kip, enjoy the day then go back to bed at 5pm for a few hours before work.

crusty

Years of getting in from work after midnight and back in work for 9 seem to dictate my sleep pattern.

Earlier this year I was at my wife's uncle's funeral, he was in his late 70's.
The vicar mentioned that Tommy went to bed at 7 and got up at 3 all his life.
Afterward, I asked his widow was this because of work? A baker perhaps? and she said no, it was just something he always did.

Ian

feldri

Site Supporter
After 15 years of 12 hour nights, I did 2 years of 12 hour days and then retired. Really screwed me up. I'm usually up until 2-3am and then go to bed. No reason to get up I'm still there at 1-2pm. If I'm going fishing the following morning I try to get to bed before 11pm but it's always a struggle to get to sleep and then the alarm seems to go off as soon as I've drifted off.
I just cannot seem to get a regular system going. I would love to go to bed at 9pm and get up at 6am like my neighbour used to do. Every night he would have a bath at 8pm, have a cuppa and then jump into bed. At 6am he would be up, dressed and downstairs with the kettle on, every day, no matter what.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Been retired 11 years and still wake between 5 & 6 so I go to bed between 8:30 & 9:30. I'm a lark, not an owl and I always get more work done in the mornings than afternoon.

To be honest, I get bored after dinner and with very little on TV to interest me I could quite easily go to bed at 7:30.

AdieSWA

Get my head on the pillow about 11 and up for between 530 and 6 normally. Here's one for you how many pillows do you use? I have 1 and find it comfortable but my Mrs side of the bed looks like she has built a mountain of pillows yet judging by the racket she makes she's equally as comfortable

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Bed just after 10pm. Up 6.30am. Usually with a couple of pee wakes during the night.

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Are you building data on those who are responding from this and your previous threads 🤐
FaceApp mk2

bezzer

Site Supporter
In the week I'm usually in bed for 10pm as I'm up at 6am for work. Weekends it's usually around 11pm.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Bed about 9pm, read for an hour or so.
Sleep like a baby for a few hours - wake up screaming and needing to pee all the time.
Then start thinking at 4am, and that's it for the night.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Normally in bed for around 1200 and up for 1530.

Neskin

Ive been told im not allowed to go to bed before 2145. I could literally just get home from work and slide straight in to bed.

Im only happy when im sleeping or fishing.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
My mates dad was a milkman, no idea when he went to bed, but when he retired he would have a lay in till 5.30am.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm usually in the horizontal by 22.30 and awake - not necessarily up - at circa 07.15. Different to-day(night). I've come down with a cold. I very rarely get a cold but when I do I really get one. So I'm sitting here on my mother out law's sofa with what seems to be water just pouring out of by doze. I can't lie down 'cos I can't breathe through by doze.
WAH, it's horrible. Mummy take it away.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
You had your prostrate tested. ? I never get up for a wee. Unless had a few beers.
Had it done a bit back. I was wriggling like a fish on a hook.
The more ale I have the more likely I am to sleep through, or maybe only have to go once. If I don't have a drink, I can be up 3 times. Daft but true

62tucker

Site Supporter
Had it done a bit back. I was wriggling like a fish on a hook.
The more ale I have the more likely I am to sleep through, or maybe only have to go once. If I don't have a drink, I can be up 3 times. Daft but true
I have started to wear earplugs for bed. Much better sleep.