BBC -Inside the TalkTalk 'Indian scam call centre'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Inside the TalkTalk 'Indian scam call centre'

TalkTalk customers are being targeted by an industrial-scale fraud network in India, according to whistleblowers who say they were among hundreds of staff hired to scam customers of the British telecoms giant............................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39177981

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I've had a few of these calls as well as a couple from "B.T.". Asking them for their *PhoDent number usually puts them off short of replacing the receiver.

* There's no such thing but it usually throws them a little.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I've had calls from BT, Microsoft, Windows Tech centers, My Bank, other banks... all telling me there is a problem with summat... they all get 2 short, one syllable words sometimes 3 if they are persistent and then I hang up

Bittell

ACCOUNT LOCKED
Half a dozen calls from the "TalkTalk" "there's something wrong with your internet/computer/monthly payments" centre. I just tel them how I'm going to track them down and eviscerate them as they sleep, unless they get a proper job. All calls have stopped now.

floatfisher44

We have had three calls all claiming to be Microsoft and a problem with our computer.
All got same short answer along the lines of "Go away" .
Nothing for the past two weeks or so, but don't want to hex the phone and have them start again.!!

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Tell tell the M$ callers you use linux

willsmodger

I reported them to Talktalk, and got 'security' measures put in place. As far as I can tell that means I can't hear anybody on the land line. Scam caller or not.
This morning I have an email saying my service is going to expire and I need fo enter my account details again.

Status
Not open for further replies.