Barrow

RiggersSW

Site Supporter
Anyone here got any barrow recommendations? A lot of the venues I'm fishing at the minute are a bit of a walk from the car park and often have a lot of hills etc so it makes going fishing a bit of a chore, which is why I've decided to get a barrow. I don't take loads of gear just a big bait bucket, accessory chair, rod holdall and tackle holdall but it does get very heavy carrying by hand over long distances.
I've been liking the look of the Carp Porter Navigator but can't find much about it online review wise, probably because it's an angling direct exclusive.
I also like the looks of the more minimal JRC 2G Cocoon barrow but have never used any JRC gear so I'm not sure what it'll be like.
Any recommendations would be great!

spittlebug

Hi, you seem to be looking at barrows for Carping, were your bivving up for a night or two.
Bivvy, Bedchair, Sleeping Bag etc etc.
Do you need one that big ? Will main purpose be for overnight fishing.

What are venues you are fishing, naturals, commercial etc, good paths, through undergrowth etc.

Bob

Al the gooner

Site Supporter
Hi mate,although expensive and a tad over indulgent but I have the prestige electric carp porter.
Since buying this in the spring I’ve not looked back ,brilliant bit of kit.
Hills and distance are problems no more .

GobioTractor

I've had a fox explorer barrow for the last 4 years. Been very pleased with it. Plus points for me are the storage bags, easy to push and it is compact so fits in a standard size car leaving loads of room for other kit.

RiggersSW

Site Supporter
Cheers for the recommendations guys!
I'm fishing what are probably commercials but down in Cornwall most of these are still pretty rural with not many footpaths haha. But yeah I am looking at Carp barrows but will be used for all of my fishing. I've been looking at the Nash Trax Metro MK2 due to the amount of storage already onboard and it folds down pretty compact. Needs to be light and portable enough for a quick day session but also able to take a small bivvy incase of an overnighter :)

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Chub outcast easy fold barrow can be picked up around £100 and would carry everything you have including the bivvy and folds up very easily, I would say its better than the JRC from the same stable.

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
Have a look at the Prestige Porterlite 2. Very light, folds down small & you can fit a surprising amount of gear on it. I use it for my course fishing as well as carp fishing & it’s prefect

John Step

Site Supporter
I recommend the Prestige range. They are very sturdy and come with a set of spare turnscrews. I use it for all types of fishing. One big advantage is its well balanced when loaded. It certainly isnt light but that makes not one jot of difference when assembled due to this good balance. Under bags available.
Folds nicely and fits in my small hatchback.

turlwickdave

Bagga T
I have been using the JRC Contact Barrow for my carp fishing and general fishing for nearly 3 years highly recommend this barrow -