Bait Spray

ukzero1

Gorrenny spare tackle for mi maggits Mister?
Site Supporter
I've tried soaking pellet in liquid worm, made no difference.

Chris Calder

Not Spray, but addictive, I have been fishing dead red maggots for carp, krilled and frozen, swapped mid session to normal maggots and catch rate went right up, started me thinking the krill might have been having an adverse affect. not to sure addictive's are all they are made out to be.

carphauler

The only additive I've found that may make a difference is scopex, otherwise everything else I've tried over the years has not made any difference, krill was the one everybody raved about but in my experience it didn't work.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Like all additives too much of a good thing reverses it's propensity to work. If everyone uses the same additive it fails to work to your advantage. But using something different can make a lot of difference to your catch rate. A drop of geranium oil on the hemp works a treat but not every time on the same water, so try another or something different like a powder - chilli for instance.
I never use a flavour more than twice in a row at the same water, or leave it a month or so. Try to use something nobody else is/ has used. Try using custard powder on your mags, or nesquick. I bet you all went for the strawberry or banana - l used the chocolate for crucians and it worked fine. 20170915_190833.jpg
Only fish caught between 4 anglers.

jay67

Site Supporter
Not Spray, but addictive, I have been fishing dead red maggots for carp, krilled and frozen, swapped mid session to normal maggots and catch rate went right up, started me thinking the krill might have been having an adverse affect. not to sure addictive's are all they are made out to be.
ive tried krill additives to bait / groundbait ... totally unimpressed . i think the same as you - adverse effect

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
ive tried krill additives to bait / groundbait ... totally unimpressed . i think the same as you - adverse effect
I would say overused on that water. Lately that flavour has been the "in " flavour and it's being used by all and sundry. Try a fruity one or an acidic one not a fishy one. It's amazing how using something different can make a difference to the bite rate. Use liquids or powders from supermarkets to cut down costs and use sparingly. You don't need to be able to smell it but the fish will.

ukzero1

Gorrenny spare tackle for mi maggits Mister?
Site Supporter
There are 2 that work on our club waters. One is hemp oil (or the water from hemp after you boiled it). Save the water it's boiled in and use it for mixing groundbait, or, fill a spray bottle and once you've loaded you're method feeder, give it a couple of short sprays before casting. The other is liquid worm.

artist

wightangler
Site Supporter
pred red with choppie - adds coloured cloud as much as scent.
use liquid cell in g/bait or pellets on venues that see a lot of carpers.