Bait hooking methods

Marker50

Site Supporter
Hi.
Ive been having a look at what works best with differant hard baits tooday in the garage.
I found the guru bayonets ok for mini wafters but not easy to push in for band ums.
What attachments do you use for differant baits ?
Cheers

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
For bandums, wafters, pellets etc, I use bait bands. For a standard boilie, I will use a bayonet or a standard hair rig.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use the Korum quick-stops when hair rigging. But on the feeder and I fancy a change I use this type of band. Easy to put on/take off for bait changes...

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Starting with the bare hook.
Lasso hair,
Banded hair,
Shank of an old eyed hook /pin hair,
They are the forms l use. Use what suits.

Total

Site Supporter
Hi.
Ive been having a look at what works best with differant hard baits tooday in the garage.
I found the guru bayonets ok for mini wafters but not easy to push in for band ums.
Cheers
You're right, the Band'um's have a particularly hard skin (hence they recommend to band these baits)....If you SLIGHTLY pierce one end of the Band'um with a quickstop needle (or similar) you'll find the Guru bayonets will easily push into the Band'um using the previous piercing(y)

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Your old eyed hooks being used to make pins. Use a pair of side cutters and remove the bend, you now have a bait pin once tied on a hair, brilliant for pushing into a small boilie. I use 18's for 6mm boilies.
Quite a few years ago l changed my method for attaching pellets, boilies, artificial baits in many forms, even live worms on the same hair rig. This was published and l will share with you all free of charge.😃20190315_192027.jpg20190315_192057.jpg
Hope you can see it.
I do not use any drills or needles except for the worms and use NO pegs in any forms.

dave brittain 1

Use a 3.2mm Gardiner band on a hair, it's a very effective way of hooking most baits. You can use it with meat, pellet, corn or even a bunch of maggots. You can simply band pellets/wafters or drill a hole in them and pull the band into the pellet with a bait needle. For corn and meat simply put the bait on a needle, stretch the band and keeping it stretched pull the bait over it and then release the band and pull it back into the bait. For a bunch of maggots use a 3 or 4 arm bander, grip a bunch of maggots and slide the band over them.

20190315_193704.jpg

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Is that a book or mag steve
Join the Tenchfishers and find out 😉
Only 25 quid a year and you get two mags written by us. The tenchfishers have no waters but access to some pf the most private waters. We have members from Australia to Canada to everywhere. Masses of information with NO secrets.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Ukzero do you use quick stops for soft baits
Depends on the size of the bait, but yes, I use quick stops for paste when forming paste into pellet or into small boilie type baits and luncheon meat.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Tinca.
Will have to get kelly kettle out for a early morn june brew.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Nice and simple for me. For mini boily/BandUm type baits I push a fine baiting needle through and pull the bait onto a hair loop. The bait grips the loop/knot. Benefit is that if caught in the landing net the bait pulls off rather than breaking the hair.

Team KDB

Quick stops for soft baits,band on the hair or direct on the hook for wafters,pellets and dumbells.

rudd

Hi.
Cheers
Bandums is a bit of a clue :D
Saying that we have all tried to push a quick stop throught.
For harder boilies I use a boilie drill, if softer push through with neddle first - then push stop through.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
For harder boilies I use a boilie drill, if softer push through with neddle first - then push stop through.
2mm drill bit in a cordless drill. Job done. :D

Marker50

Site Supporter
I was waiting for the bandums clue rudd lol.
Ime talking about the match style wafters pellets bandums etc.
Which ime a bit new to.after ten years big carping

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zerkalo Bait Talk 16
S Fishing Tackle For Sale 0
ukzero1 Bait Talk 8
GrowYourOwnLife Bait Talk 0
timber Bait Talk 3