Bailiffing

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
A club I bailiff for in Warrington area when I am up there, Have been told by Cheshire Police that because we are volunteer bailiffs we are allowed to go to waters and check them. This came about because some halfwit this morning decided to fish one of our waters,
At the time of posting this, a bailiff will have gone there and removed club card and I suppose the now ex member.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
A club I bailiff for in Warrington area when I am up there, Have been told by Cheshire Police that because we are volunteer bailiffs we are allowed to go to waters and check them. This came about because some halfwit this morning decided to fish one of our waters,
At the time of posting this, a bailiff will have gone there and removed club card and I suppose the now ex member.
And of course, you're out for your allotted hourly exercise :giggle: .

The police round here know I do my rounds of the lakes each day (a couple of them are club members too). They just leave me to get on with it, although they have stated that I have to keep an eye on the time.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Who mentioned you are only allowed out for an hour?

From the Gov website -

1. Staying at home
You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:

• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
  • one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
  • any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
  • travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home.
These reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

Warden

Site Supporter
I seem to recall the 1 hour was mentioned on one of the question and answer sessions that the government were doing I suppose any exorcising longer than that would not be seen as essential.

Chervil

Site Supporter
I thought it was an hour as well. However this says it isn't (not that I could run for an hour at the moment)

No mention is given to the length of exercise, although Cabinet Minister Michael Gove said on Tuesday that "people can go for the standard length of run or walk that they ordinarily would have done. But… the important thing is, once a day".

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
An anomaly that the angler is not allowed to travel to fish, but the police have said that a bailiff is allowed to travel to check the water. So I can see why people think it's not fair. Well, life isn't fair...and who ever said it was?

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
if idiots didnt go and fish then the bailiff wouldnt need to go and check would they!

and there is nothing stopping anyone mooching along a river as part of thier normal exercise for a hour, but you cant fish! dont get how people struggle with this

Pikerwoods

Site Supporter
Nice one hope the message gets round. I think police are happy for official club bailiffs to do their daily patrols as it helps with cutting down on rule breakers.

The Major

I seem to recall the 1 hour was mentioned on one of the question and answer sessions that the government were doing I suppose any exorcising longer than that would not be seen as essential.
Exorcising... was that the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present or Future? Being a Minister I had to laugh about self-distancing from Ghosts & Ghouls!

Warden

Site Supporter
spelling was never my strong point lol.when I have type a line there's a number of red lines underneath most of the words right click and my spell check usually sorts them out obviously being a bit mischievous today :ROFLMAO: .

ukzero1

Site Supporter
An anomaly that the angler is not allowed to travel to fish, but the police have said that a bailiff is allowed to travel to check the water. So I can see why people think it's not fair. Well, life isn't fair...and who ever said it was?
I'm lucky to live a 10 minute walk from the clubs waters, so travelling isn't a problem. Most of that time is walking to the lakes in open countryside so no crowding.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
if idiots didnt go and fish then the bailiff wouldnt need to go and check would they!

and there is nothing stopping anyone mooching along a river as part of thier normal exercise for a hour, but you cant fish! dont get how people struggle with this
Well said. :upthumb:

Warden

Site Supporter
Statement from AT.

As a Fisheries manager or volunteer am I allowed to travel by vehicle to the fishery to carry out essential work / maintenance?

We would advise that this type of work is classified as essential to your business and that, obviously, this is not possible to be done from your home. Further, we would advise that where a fishery is fenced and gated that you change the locks immediately and that in circumstances where you have to feed fish then this is ‘essential’ for animal welfare reasons.

For clubs that do not have employees then we would advise that nominated volunteers e.g. club bailiffs could carry out these activities and would further advise that they carry a letter from the relevant club official explaining why these are viewed as ‘essential activities’ and cannot be done from home.
At all times government guidelines should be followed to stop the risk of spreading the virus; there should be no more than 2 employees / volunteers in attendance, they should ensure that at all times they are a minimum of 2 metres apart and should wash their hands thoroughly before arriving at the fishery and afterwards. They should carry bio-wipes to clean gates, locks or any surface likely to be touched by others before and after use, if bio-wipes are not available use disposable gloves.

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
and nothing to stop you walking along and baiting your fav spot for the next few weeks either, as long as the rules allow it of course!!!!

rudd

One of my club members kicked off at me as he thought sea fisherman could fish!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Where You Fished Today 17