Axl Rose to replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplemind

Originally posted by jjpendurocomp

Noticed this on Facebook. The photo of Angus Young didn't paste. I am actually going to see them in Manchester

Ian McNabb's photo.

Ian McNabbFollow
March 24 at 4:48pm

Is this the same Ian McNabb from 80s Liverpool band The Icicle Works

Dear Angus Young,

I have loved your band AC/DC since I first saw you perform at the Liverpool Empire in 1977. I was very upset when your singer Bon Scott died, along with millions of other fans. I wasn't happy with his replacement Brian Johnson, purely on the basis that I don't like his voice, nothing personal of course, and I think he has been a wonderful frontman for your band and many great records have been made although non for me will ever surpass the Bon era. I am very disappointed to hear that Mr. Johnson seems to have been effectively kicked out of AC/DC just now, we were told it was a health problem but things seem to be a lot more complicated than what we are being told judging from his recent comments.
Now then, adding insult to injury, you have informed people who have tickets for your upcoming shows that there will be a replacement singer performing with you, and this replacement would appear to be Axl Rose of comedy nineties rock band Guns 'n' Roses. This is a HUGE insult to all who follow you as Rose is one of the biggest dickheads ever to set foot on a stage. AC/DC are known for their no nonsense, pure approach to rock 'n' roll, whilst Rose is known for possessing neither of those qualities, being a prima donna, a nasty, selfish spoilt child who thinks nothing of making his devoted fans wait several hours longer than they expected to hear him squealing.
Angus, I ask that you cease this folly and retire gracefully. Either wait for Mr. Johnson to recover sufficiently in order to perform rescheduled dates with you or simply cancel them and refund the money. No true AC/DC fan wishes to see this train wreck happen, especially seeing as it may be the last time around for your great band. Also, on a side note, it becomes increasingly more uncomfortable with the passing years watching you running around in a school uniform if I'm being honest.

Yours sincerely,

Ian McNabb.

A fan.

Sheriffs tipple

Originally posted by Bill G

well a further bit of digging around and it would appear that this IS going to happen after all.
will Axl still come on in his undercrackers
No I think the idiot chooses jeans and shirts nowaday's whilst wearing his hair in dreads [:D]

Last edited:

Dannysdad

Guv
Rose nearly caused a riot at the Echo Arena in Liverpool a couple of years ago by coming on stage at 2250 to start the concert. There was uproar because the out trains out were at 2345. What an absolute 4rsewipe

nejohn

I would suggest Mr mcnabb would be a good replacement, dam fine vocalist and a pretty good Guitarist to go with it

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
There's a lot of fuss about nothing here.
Do you really think they'll finish the tour together,, to big egos= fireworks

dezzatheblue

Maybe give him a chance?
Doesn't seem good on paper but he can sing, a bit too glam for ac/dc,
Wait and see before you shoot him down, no?

nejohn

https://youtu.be/yQeJ4K_omHc
Is this the same Ian mcnabb :-D

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Thing is axl is a massive dc fan he's stinking rich so he doesnt need the money.he rarely gives interviews as he doesnt need or like the press hes throwing his hat in the ring to help one of his favourite bands.whatever people think of him this is a great gesture on his part

crusty

Originally posted by dezzatheblue

Why crusty?
All I'm saying is wait and see before everyone says no

Because I would never have bought the tickets if I'd known Axl Rose was going to be the frontman.

Ian

dougal davis

Angus joined GnR on stage last weekend in Coachella , played rosie and riff raff, axl`s vocals were close enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvKV8RCbkWw

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Just seen some footage of the opening concert in Lisbon.

IMO he doesn't sound too bad. At the end of the day i may consider not getting a refund for Manchester, they do put on one hell of a show

pegasus

benny
nowt wrong with axel give him a chance you never know you might like it, its better than the band finishing

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Originally posted by pegasus

nowt wrong with axel give him a chance you never know you might like it, its better than the band finishing
Yup!

shang

I don't understand why Brian has called it a day so suddenly. Hearing loss or something else altogether as one might think "the show must go on" and use of a hearing aid awaits rather than disappointing all those fans after 30 odd years.

dezzatheblue

Total hearing loss, hearing aids would be no use, he's not exactly " letting down fans" I'm sure any decent fans will understand and wish him luck.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
The footage I've watched of axl fronting dc looks superb he's doing a great job.love him or loathe him let's not forget he's a massive dc fan and he's only doing this to help the band out so the shows can go ahead. He doesn't need the money or the publicity.in fact he's imensely private and rarely gives interviews. I can't see who else they could have had fronting them?

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Originally posted by pegasus

totally agree.

Listening to him imo I think he tends more towards the original Bon Scott vocal which is by far my favourite era of the band. A 1979 14yr old just getting into rock music!

Status
Not open for further replies.