Axl Rose to replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browner

Just read that due to ill health Brian Johnson has resigned from AC/DC and will be replaced by Axl Rose. Thoughts?

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Noticed this on Facebook. The photo of Angus Young didn't paste. I am actually going to see them in Manchester

Ian McNabb's photo.

Ian McNabbFollow
March 24 at 4:48pm

Dear Angus Young,

I have loved your band AC/DC since I first saw you perform at the Liverpool Empire in 1977. I was very upset when your singer Bon Scott died, along with millions of other fans. I wasn't happy with his replacement Brian Johnson, purely on the basis that I don't like his voice, nothing personal of course, and I think he has been a wonderful frontman for your band and many great records have been made although non for me will ever surpass the Bon era. I am very disappointed to hear that Mr. Johnson seems to have been effectively kicked out of AC/DC just now, we were told it was a health problem but things seem to be a lot more complicated than what we are being told judging from his recent comments.
Now then, adding insult to injury, you have informed people who have tickets for your upcoming shows that there will be a replacement singer performing with you, and this replacement would appear to be Axl Rose of comedy nineties rock band Guns 'n' Roses. This is a HUGE insult to all who follow you as Rose is one of the biggest dickheads ever to set foot on a stage. AC/DC are known for their no nonsense, pure approach to rock 'n' roll, whilst Rose is known for possessing neither of those qualities, being a prima donna, a nasty, selfish spoilt child who thinks nothing of making his devoted fans wait several hours longer than they expected to hear him squealing.
Angus, I ask that you cease this folly and retire gracefully. Either wait for Mr. Johnson to recover sufficiently in order to perform rescheduled dates with you or simply cancel them and refund the money. No true AC/DC fan wishes to see this train wreck happen, especially seeing as it may be the last time around for your great band. Also, on a side note, it becomes increasingly more uncomfortable with the passing years watching you running around in a school uniform if I'm being honest.

Yours sincerely,

Ian McNabb.

A fan.

markthemouse

Malcolm had to leave the band, axl will do a good job but it wont be the same, angus just wants the band to keep going

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
I don't particularly like Axl but to be honest his voice is a little nearer Bon Scotts range than Brian Johnston. It just might work. But his personality sucks.

daniel121

Account Closed
This is a joke right?

Axl rose is possibly the biggest pr1ck in rock n roll, how's he ever going to fit into someelses band, he couldn't even fit in within his own band?

Is this real? [?]

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Originally posted by daniel121

This is a joke right?

Axl rose is possibly the biggest pr1ck in rock n roll, how's he ever going to fit into someelses band, he couldn't even fit in within his own band?

Is this real? [?]
Seems like it Danny [:(]

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Axl loves dc.guns cover whole lotta rosie in there set. His voice when on for is one of the best ever and he could possibly be one of the only vocalists around who could fill In for Brian.

Last edited:

shallowman

Axl rose is not right for AC/DC in my opinion . Bon Scott will deffo be turning in his grave if this actually happens.

Personally i really hope they retire gracefully now . They have had their time and should leave the stage for the newer upcoming bands

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Agree though Keith if it was me I'd wrap it up.the majority of fans won't want anyone but Brian anyway

SevernTraveller

Although not a good fit for AC/DC and a knob in life I Would still put Rose at his peak in the top 5 frontmen I have seen

GnR are still one of the best live bands I have seen
Donnigton,Wembley twice & Paris

Browner

On a sideline, has anybody heard anything about Bruce Dickenson. Last I heard there was a rumour that he had cancer. Another great rock voice. Not sure about Axl Rose, how about Dave Grohl.

daniel121

Account Closed
Well God love a duck!!!!! [:H]

I'm not a big fan of ACDC anyway when bon died that was it for me, but I'm in the minority in that opinion.but **** I mean **** man ?? What are they thinking.

Axl rose is a total di***ad who was good for a small, no ill correct that tiny amount of time. Then he became a croking di*k that disrespects his band mate fan and anyone else, his Chinese democracy album that was (a side issue) the biggest circus in rock. Was clearly recorded with auto tune.

Sorry the man doesn't fit
The man attitude doesn't fit
The guys about 25 years past his prime!

But apart from all that . . . . [:D]

crusty

It's been confirmed, and I'm a tad miffed because it's not what I paid to see. So what do you think are the chances of me getting my money back?

I mean Axl Rose ffs.

Anyone want to buy 4 standing tickets?

Ian

Last edited:

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Originally posted by crusty

It's been confirmed, and I'm a tad miffed because it's not what I paid to see. So what do you think are the chances of me getting my money back?

I mean Axl Rose ffs.

Anyone want to buy 4 standing tickets?

Ian
Like gonna see Pink and Edna Everage comes on [:p] hope ya get rid mate [:T]

Spenceuk99

I'm gonna reserve judgement until I hear them.
My first instinct is just no. But hey, I'm sure Angus and Malc know what they are doing.

Bill G

Grandad
i read all about this about a month ago, it was seen as a load of ****** and was never going to happen ,until i see him on stage i will be thinking just that.

well a further bit of digging around and it would appear that this IS going to happen after all.
will Axl still come on in his undercrackers

Last edited:

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Browner

On a sideline, has anybody heard anything about Bruce Dickenson. Last I heard there was a rumour that he had cancer.
He had some cancerous growths removed (from the back of his tongue, IIRC) towards the back end of last year and has fully recovered.

He has got a new toy though (leased): [:D]

Taking off (for the first time) from Cardiff to Fort Lauderdale:

[youtube]xiw3P7IMp8M[/youtube]

Landing at Fort Lauderdale:

[youtube]E6bqcZxr_cI[/youtube]

But then, in Chile: https://www.flightradar24.com/blog/putting-ed-force-one-back-together-again/

However, two new engines and a bit of cosmetic surgery and, it's back flying again. [:T]

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-iron-maidens-fully-repaired-ed-force-one-plane-lands-in-vancouver/

Last edited:

Bill G

Grandad
at Lurkio.
re the chile link.
having worked at gatwick and been a tug driver ,the fault with that accident in Chile would be with the radio operator on the ground ,he should have got the pilot to put his brakes on and stopped the plane, as he is in contact with the pilot ,who cant see what is happening underneath him. ,must have given the engines a fair old whack to have caused that amount of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.