As1 help !

Paul22

Site Supporter
Hi
I’ve just purchased a very old ASI seat box which came with some other bits and bobs.
I’ve decided to give it some tlc before using it🐟
The box is in full working order but has some small issues.
It could do with the seat recovering does anyone know what material i would need to buy to recover it ?
Also some of the fibre glass is damaged it doesn’t affect the box but it would look better if the holes were repaired..... does anyone know anything about repairing fibreglass?
The box didn’t cost much so I don’t really want to spend loads on it so I’m going to do the work myself.
Any advice would be appreciated 👍

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Hi
I’ve just purchased a very old ASI seat box which came with some other bits and bobs.
I’ve decided to give it some tlc before using it🐟
The box is in full working order but has some small issues.
It could do with the seat recovering does anyone know what material i would need to buy to recover it ?
Also some of the fibre glass is damaged it doesn’t affect the box but it would look better if the holes were repaired..... does anyone know anything about repairing fibreglass?
The box didn’t cost much so I don’t really want to spend loads on it so I’m going to do the work myself.
Any advice would be appreciated 👍
Holes can be filled with glass fibre body repair kits, Halfords probably do one, as for the seat, there is a thread or two on here about a firm that re covers, but may be more than you want to pay, but doing it yourself I would think a alcantara substitute would do the trick.

dealornodeal

Site Supporter
For the seat go to the local tip and cut the back of a vinyl/leather sofa, remove the old seat cover and use this as a template to cut the new one to shape ,then re attach,
Agree re Halfords for a small fibreglass kit

derwentboy

Hello Mate, I refurbed an old ASI Box last year..fibreglass resin kit should sort your holes. I got a new seat made by Liam/Lee? Pickup at Custom Seat Box Seats and he's done a few of them...a lot more comfy than the original..I've a whole gallery of it on here..will tryto put a link to the gallery for you. By the way Hammerite Garage door paint is ok if you want to give it a bit of a paint
View album 28
View album 30

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Hello Mate, I refurbed an old ASI Box last year..fibreglass resin kit should sort your holes. I got a new seat made by Liam/Lee? Pickup at Custom Seat Box Seats and he's done a few of them...a lot more comfy than the original..I've a whole gallery of it on here..will tryto put a link to the gallery for you. By the way Hammerite Garage door paint is ok if you want to give it a bit of a paint
View album 28
View album 30
Lovely job buddy. And the refurbished seat is a work of art.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The Club House 10
Dave Fishing Talk 29
fishingmad123 The Club House 2
S Tackle Talk 9
C Tackle Talk 0