As it was - Liam Gallagher film

• Thread starter Deleted member 21081
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21081

Got tickets to the film premiere and screened live performance last night.

The film is basically a record company promotional film which airbrushes Liam’s post Oasis career.

Despite that he comes across as a lost and rather immature man with very limited talent.

The screened live performance was heavy going and my family and myself managed 3 songs before leaving.

‘Don’t look back in anger’ may have been a more appropriate title?

shang

Basically a good front man for his brothers band but very little talent. Did the film have footage of him losing his front teeth as that I'd definitely (maybe) watch

D

Deleted member 21081

Basically a good front man for his brothers band but very little talent. Did the film have footage of him losing his front teeth as that I'd definitely (maybe) watch
Your 4 line post has more insight than the entire film!

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Must have some talent to make the money he’s made ?
I’d swap places

Spadger123

Got tickets to the film premiere and screened live performance last night.

The film is basically a record company promotional film which airbrushes Liam’s post Oasis career.

Despite that he comes across as a lost and rather immature man with very limited talent.

The screened live performance was heavy going and my family and myself managed 3 songs before leaving.

‘Don’t look back in anger’ may have been a more appropriate title?
If you where in Bromborough Odeon i was in next screen watching Rocket Man, which is superb by the way.
Missus tried to get me to see Oasis film but i was never a fan.

CJROSCOW

Clint
Love him or hate him. Some of the songs on both his solo albums are absolutely briliant. Ballroom figured and Chinatown are particularly beautiful and not what you'd expect.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Tried to replicate the Beatles but failed the similarity in many of their tunes is uncanny :whistle:

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
I was mostly because I grew up with them...Sgt Peppers is in the top few albums ever made in my opinion but my musical tastes are varied....anything except rap and pop manufactured rubbish I can listen to .....That youtube clip is great and she has a fabulous voice anyway.
Some covers of Beatles songs are better than the originals but not Oasis ones for me

dezzatheblue

Oasis were great, the writing from Noel and Liam's "attitude " made them a great live band, Noel has grown up and moved with the times, his latest is almost a dance beat, Liam however hasn't, he got his success through oasis and that helped his solo projects because its "Liam from oasis",
Let's see how his Glastonbury slot goes down.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
I like his presence and his voice, but think his swagger was suited to the era but not so much now, but bring back the 90s and early part of the 00s anytime please! The festivals he has done so far, he looked a little lost to me and some of the old oasis numbers he did/still does made for a saddening feeling, both personally in that sometimes brilliant songs should just be left alone and left as brilliant and sad for Liam that I sat there judging him based on what I would expect to see and hear from Oasis. My definitely may be album gets a good airing from time to time and just enhances what the collective were, brilliant.

Am sure that had he not got his fame from fronting Oasis, he may get better reviews these days. Liam was 110% of Oasis and Noel was 110%, take either away and its 0%, should also perhaps recognise the rest of the band too, as a collective and with the odd member changing, brilliant, but take either of the Gallagher's away and there is nothing.

Some might say, especially Noel and Liam too that they aren't trying to be Oasis, but unfortunately and especially in Liam's case who still plays their songs, you are going to do well leaving that where it is, Noel shook the tag better for me since.

Last edited:

shang

We mustn't forget the roaring success of Liam's 'pretty green' clothing range.

(The one that's gone bust and even the name was ripped off from someone else 😁)

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I was mostly because I grew up with them...Sgt Peppers is in the top few albums ever made in my opinion but my musical tastes are varied....anything except rap and pop manufactured rubbish I can listen to .....That youtube clip is great and she has a fabulous voice anyway.
Some covers of Beatles songs are better than the originals but not Oasis ones for me
One day, I bought the album Frampton Comes Alive. I'd never heard a single song by him & to this day, I don't know why I bought it. So glad I did though...brilliant stuff.

Silverfisher

I find Liam’s voice a bit annoying which is probably why I’m not much of an oasis fan so my favourite songs of theirs are all sung by Noel. eg little by little, don’t look back in anger, importance of being idle and half the world away. Both seem to be annoying people though!

D

Deleted member 21081

If you where in Bromborough Odeon i was in next screen watching Rocket Man, which is superb by the way.
Missus tried to get me to see Oasis film but i was never a fan.
I’m not an Elton fan, aside from half a dozen songs I find him totally bland. That being said I’m not a huge Queen fan but I found Bohemian Rhapsody to be staggeringly good.
Assuming you’ve seen both, how do they compare?

In fairness to Liam his film is a documentary rather than biopic so it’s not really comparable.

D

Deleted member 21081

We mustn't forget the roaring success of Liam's 'pretty green' clothing range.

(The one that's gone bust and even the name was ripped off from someone else 😁)
I don’t think the name was ‘ripped off’ more in tribute to.

D

Deleted member 21081

I like his presence and his voice, but think his swagger was suited to the era but not so much now, but bring back the 90s and early part of the 00s anytime please! The festivals he has done so far, he looked a little lost to me and some of the old oasis numbers he did/still does made for a saddening feeling, both personally in that sometimes brilliant songs should just be left alone and left as brilliant and sad for Liam that I sat there judging him based on what I would expect to see and hear from Oasis. My definitely may be album gets a good airing from time to time and just enhances what the collective were, brilliant.

Am sure that had he not got his fame from fronting Oasis, he may get better reviews these days. Liam was 110% of Oasis and Noel was 110%, take either away and its 0%, should also perhaps recognise the rest of the band too, as a collective and with the odd member changing, brilliant, but take either of the Gallagher's away and there is nothing.

Some might say, especially Noel and Liam too that they aren't trying to be Oasis, but unfortunately and especially in Liam's case who still plays their songs, you are going to do well leaving that where it is, Noel shook the tag better for me since.
I’d say if he hadn’t been in Oasis he’d be totally unheard of.

His solo stuff has some pleasant moments but is rather average on the whole and that’s with a massive record company backing and a group of very talented musicians at his behest.

Spadger123

I’m not an Elton fan, aside from half a dozen songs I find him totally bland. That being said I’m not a huge Queen fan but I found Bohemian Rhapsody to be staggeringly good.
Assuming you’ve seen both, how do they compare?

In fairness to Liam his film is a documentary rather than biopic so it’s not really comparable.
Never a queen fan, or Elton for that matter but have seen both mate.
Rocket man is a much better movie and a lot more entertaining. I'm waiting for The Pixies or The Clash movies as an old punk.