Anyone fishing over the Easter weekend ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It looks like any plans I might have had have been thwarted with the expectant arrival of a skip on Wednesday and the missus waving a four page list of jobs we I need to do on the house that we discussed quite some time back :deal: :crybaby2:

So, if you are planning on going fishing this weekend, I don't want to hear about it :smash2:

Nor do I want to hear about what you've caught, how good a time you've had, who you've been with, how good the weather was, where you came in matches, a complete blackout will be imposed :stop:

Total

Site Supporter
.......And who ordered the bloody skip!....:rolleyes::D:giggle:....Jeez!:oops:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
:oops: and I was going to ring you to see if you fancied a day out somewhere? Oh well won't bother then. :(

rudd

At least double figure temperature are not forecast!😬

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
You definitely won’t want to hear about my 4 nights at the fabulous Docklow Pools, now where’s that sun cream?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Saturday is shopping day, so no chance. Sunday is very unlikely as I have bailiff duties (busy hacking back some trees/shrubs etc.). So for those that are going to wet a line at the weekend bagging up, I say...I hope their fins turn rusty and their tails drop off. I'm not jealous....much. :unsure::whistle:

Fishplate 42

Two Dog Ralph
Site Supporter
Forty years ago, we bought an old Victorian house that had been converted into two flats after being a lot of single room bed-sits. Over that forty years I have spent most of the time with the guilt of one job or an other hanging over me. We are now a few days from exchange of contracts and have bought a house that is a year older than the one we live in that needs no work whatsoever. The stress of moving is driving me nuts and as there is nothing I can do over Easter, I intend to take advantage of the good weather and spend Good Friday sitting by a lake, I am now a syndicate member of, for the first time. I hope to spend the day there with a fellow MDer who introduced me to the water.

No more DIY, no more feeling guilty and I will not tell you anything about it, Dave. I will not even mention my Two Dog groundbait :)

Ralph.

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Unfortunately no fishing this week as I will be in Paris to celebrate my birthday.:jump:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry Dave, but I will enjoy a couple of trips to Darfield Pit Pond. I hope your skip filling goes well, and if you need a hand you know not to call me!!!!

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Clubbie on Sunday at Stambridge lake nr Southend... dunno if I'm gonna go tell the truth...:confused: same old same old venues..... 2 (or more) nets, loads of gear to sort.... naaaah soddit... quiet day on my club water with a rod, reel, net and chair and a tub o maggots.... (might chuck a sleeper out with a prawn or a cockle) peace and quiet

templegater

Site Supporter
Seen some new wallpaper in a plastic bag under the stairs. Already had a couple of broadsides fired. "We need to change that wallpaper in living room" !!! So think i'm spoken for. Problem is its going to be like summer at weekend so may volunteer my sevices in garden - see what the commondant says. 😄

Blanks

Site Supporter
I'm working all weekend through to Monday afternoon, private school got to be finished by the 23rd. Still, a few shekels for the holiday fund and a long weekend next week when it's less crowded everywhere.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Very few options open here in this sleepy little place..The tackle shop is closed Friday and not open again till Tuesday morning, which means no bait available until at least Wednesday. Monday is the only available day I have over this bank holiday, the options? Well, they are...

1. Pole (2 plus 4) open water with bread paste/expanders
2. Pole (2 plus 2) Margins with sweetcorn and hemp/banded 6mm pellet (alternating hook baits)
3. Tip rod with hair rigged luncheon meat/banded 8mm pellet (feeding 4mm wet pellet on method feeder)

Decisions, decisions.

Silverfisher

Roach and Perch on the float rod will be the plan for me again. Might take an avon rod as well in case a window of opportunity for a little surface carping presents itself given that its going to be warm.