Any interest? Three match series - Canal, River, Commercial - Midlands

notneeded

Site Supporter
Scribe
Early October is a good time for the pork pie match ,forget the weather lots of clubs finish around that time of year so there shouldn't be to many unable to attend ,it was a good crack this year and nobody can pick the weather on the day .

Scribe

Site Supporter
Thanks Tony,

I'll tee something up with Lakeview for Sunday 4th October next year @ulladubulla I'll see if we can get canal & lagoon.

dirk

Site Supporter
I'm glad to help again :) Maybe next year we could fish on lakes River and Stream. That way we will all be together and able to abuse each other more :)

Scribe

Site Supporter
Cheers @dirk much appreciated. Personally I'm no fussed which lakes we get, We can always make @ulladubulla fish Reef on his own, as I know it's his favourite lake at Lakeview. :D:D

@notneeded he must be a masochist. :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
Thought you didn't like it Luke saying that Serpent isn't great when Scribe walks up and stands behind you and a fish comes off the hook. :eek:

legs230258

Site Supporter
I'd love a three venue fish off. But I suppose my choice of venues is driven by commutable venues with reasonable parking, short walks and fish stocks. I would love to fish....Lindholme lakes (commercial)...........Laughterton (Tidal river Trent), Southfield reservoir ( natural lake). Parking and access is good with limited walks....Local breakfasts available...and get the time of year right, and a good time should be had by all. Any takers ?

Scribe

Site Supporter
I'd love a three venue fish off. But I suppose my choice of venues is driven by commutable venues with reasonable parking, short walks and fish stocks. I would love to fish....Lindholme lakes (commercial)...........Laughterton (Tidal river Trent), Southfield reservoir ( natural lake). Parking and access is good with limited walks....Local breakfasts available...and get the time of year right, and a good time should be had by all. Any takers ?
legs I think you would have to post this as a separate thread, because for a lot of Midlands based anglers it might be a tad too far to travel for 3 matches.

It seems a lot are put off by fishing a river and a canal sadly, maybe a three match series on three different commercials might have more takers. To mix it up a bit it could be one venue pole only, one float rod and one ledger, just a thought.

chefster

Shedster!!
legs I think you would have to post this as a separate thread, because for a lot of Midlands based anglers it might be a tad too far to travel for 3 matches.

It seems a lot are put off by fishing a river and a canal sadly, maybe a three match series on three different commercials might have more takers. To mix it up a bit it could be one venue pole only, one float rod and one ledger, just a thought.
One day you’ll venture down to TBF 🤭

Scribe

Site Supporter
Well I was just thinking, if you come down in the summer , you might manage double figures 🤪👍
Thanks very much @chefster I'll rake that as an invitation - you will have to let me know when your free in the Summer. :)(y)