Site Supporter
9g! are all the records now in japanese units?:(

Do we know if it was put back alive?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
9g! are all the records now in japanese units?:(

Do we know if it was put back alive?
The article doesn't say, but the scales used to weigh it are being checked for accuracy. I hope it did go back unharmed.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Just heard about this on the radio, they were interviewing the chap who caught it, not read that article yet but radio said it went back and he's a fishery owner. Hopefully that's accurate.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Its now a named fish - Spike and will have hopefulls travelling from all over the try for fame.
I'm not far away, packing up my bivvy ready for some specimen stickleback fishing as we speak.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
Account Locked
You do know the day ticket price will double now, may even have to join a syndicate. :LOL:
Wonder what the bait rules are? I'm trimming down some 2mm pellets with a stanley knife now.

Dusty Rhodes

I’ve fished here! Unless I’m very much mistaken about 3-4 years ago the guy who owns it had recently bought it and was asking people on the crucian page on Facebook if they wanted to try it out free of charge.
Nice little place.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
there was a fella not long back that made it his lifes crusade trying to catch record fish on the "Mini-Species" list

at one time he held half a dozen british records

Simon R

Site Supporter