Another racist advert banned.

DevonDangler

What a world we live in 😢Should be banned for featuring an electric guitar being played without any electricity in the desert 🤣

Gwillim

@Markywhizz couldn't agree more that the advert itself is no loss, the thing I find scary is how snowflake everything is becoming

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If it is banned how come you can provide a link to it? And should you?

Gwillim

Not 100% but I believe it was called deeply offensive and racist and that Dior themselves removed it from all of their social media etc don't think there's an actual ban but I could be wrong it has been known lol :ROFLMAO:

Neskin

Perfume adverts are the most pretentious bullshit things ever filmed

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Perfume advertisements on the television? Must be nearer Ch*****as than I thought.

Gwillim

Because it features people dressed as indigenous people and is entitled Sauvage which means wild or savage so they are saying that they are depicting indigenous people as savages, that's pretty much it in a nutshell

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
If he'd pulled out a rifle and shot that big turkey, I might have understood the ban.
As it is, I don't understand any of it.
:whistle:

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Probably got it a few more views and more attention.
Great advertising ploy

lp1886

But it also includes a white man so could be suggesting he is the savage invading their land.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
banksy and Ip ...... You're not on your own. I don't get it either. What's next ? Someone going to complain about this white shirt Im wearing ? For goodness sake. Get a life. Or better still .... Take up fishing.

Zerkalo

Not like the Indian stormed off set while filming is it. People take offense to anything. Seen Westerns far more offensive.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
you can bet your life it wasn't a native American who complained, it will probably be a white or a mixed race who feel they have to be insulted for everyone else!

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Bloody hell l must be a mass racist!!! Every time we played cowboys and Indians as kids the 'injuns' got a right good massacre-ing, no mercy shown whatsoever.......damned redskins.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
We were lucky to have a disused WW2 airfield in our village when I was a kid, and the farmer who owned the land let us explore all the old buildings including the watch tower, the Nissen Huts, the dugouts the bomb dump at the far end of the airfield and the dangerous bombed-out buildings and nearby houses.
It was paradise.

But the older village kids decided that we should play a game they called "Commandos", in which we younger kids would be German spies, given 15 minutes to run and hide, then the Commandos would hunt us down, arrest us using baler twine to handcuff our wrists and throw us into a flooded dugout.
The game stopped when I had the idea of taking a few grenades (half bricks) into our trench to repel the English swine, and hit one of them on the head. That Commando's mummy wasn't happy, and I got the belt off my Dad.

But we were 'appy. :D