Another Line thread

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
What do you use for rig line and hooklengths? Reflo? Stroft? N Gauge? Middy Lo Viz? Tubertini Hercules???

I'm trying to stock up on line for this year and was going to but have noticed the strains I want in Stroft line are out of stock so am holding out buying any just yet. Up until now I use Preston Reflo but fancy experimenting a bit.

Dusty Rhodes

Site Supporter
I swapped from powerline to N-Gage and never looked back. Very strong and abrasion resistant.

Edit - I use it in 0.17-0.15 for most of my summer commercial fishing. 0.19 in the margins.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’ve experimented with loads of different lines over the years, and always Come back to Reflo, most trustworthy, I’ve personally ever used, I know everyone prattles on about not true diameter, I just bear that in mind for Hooklengths, I don’t think it really matters for rig main line

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've never had a problem with Reflo. The new Preston line, Accu Power, I had a couple of breakages which I put down to the fact I think that's stretched more than the Reflo which I presume to be slightly understated in diameter.

Thanks for the Stroft link. I was looking at this bundle that will do me for diameters I need.

I like the spool design on Stroft which is why I was tempted by that but also equally tempted to try N-Gauge.

I have a spool of Tubertini Hercules from somewhere - any thoughts on that?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just ordered 5 100m spools of varying strength of Stroft. (y) Love the classic spool look if that's anything to go on and it has good reviews so...

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I've never had a problem with Reflo. The new Preston line, Accu Power, I had a couple of breakages which I put down to the fact I think that's stretched more than the Reflo which I presume to be slightly understated in diameter.

Thanks for the Stroft link. I was looking at this bundle that will do me for diameters I need.

I like the spool design on Stroft which is why I was tempted by that but also equally tempted to try N-Gauge.

I have a spool of Tubertini Hercules from somewhere - any thoughts on that?
That's a bobco item. Out of stock.

trotter2

I use Preston reflo and stroft, stroft is my first choice for hooklenghs.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
N-Gauge for rig line and N-Gauge pro for hook lengths. I've only been using it for 12 months but I'm well impressed. I tried Drennan Supplex for a while. What a disaster that was.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
I had a number of bad spools of Reflo basically as rough as a bears backside, and went straight in the bin.
Switched to Stroft and then NGauge and now use either.
Never one to use Silstar even back In the 90’s always used ingesti special.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I got some of this after a recommendation from ukzero1, so far, so good

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I got some of this after a recommendation from ukzero1, so far, so good
Does the flourocarbon coat make much of a difference? Halfway between the two?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Does the flourocarbon coat make much of a difference? Halfway between the two?
It ties very well, nice and supple and incredibly strong, but I would prefer if I could still get Milo carp match line.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I use it on my mainline spool mate, brilliant stuff.

For the price you get a huge spool, will re-spool at least 4-5 times again with the same roll.
I re spool my Barbel Reels every Year and this year ive used that Fox soft steel camo , first impressions are Good but was looking at that stuff you use. Will make a note cheers.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Wisey have you used to Korum barbel line? The two tone stuff.
I’ve got a spool in my bag and really like using it.
Ive started using Micro Braid Hooklengths on my Barbel rigs mate and up to press have no Qualms.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Godber The Club House 0
S Fishing Talk 27
62tucker The Club House 31
B Tackle Talk 6
M Fishing Talk 9