Almost disabled!

Warden

Site Supporter
Things change over time, it is not a case of to young as such, its the time your replacement Knee will last if you only had a life expectancy of say 10 years you could have one at any age (provided you needed one) each subsequent replacement gives a worse result I had my right knee replacement at 56? was told it had a life expectancy of 10-15 years well 16 years on and its still going strong if I can get another 5 years out of it my next one should see me out lol.my left Knee 5 years after, I look at it as maybe 10 years of mobility then 6 months of pain,repeating itself.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff

Our car tax is only £30 per year, The wife has a blue badge but we didn't bother to claim the road tax (y)

John :)
As I said you can only claim for free road tax if you have full motability at £58 approx a week. My wife has a blue badge with lower rate of motability and we have to pay road tax.

johnny7

As I said you can only claim for free road tax if you have full motability at £58 approx a week. My wife has a blue badge with lower rate of motability and we have to pay road tax.
The wife is badly agoraphobic, They gave her the top whack so we could have had the tax free, We didn't bother, Just wanted a blue badge for her so I could take her places without having to walk too far as she freezes and can't get her legs to move, It happened in the middle of a crossing a while ago, Lights turned red and I struggled to get her off the road!.. (y)

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Nothing stopping you applying for a badge. But with asthma and walking problems you should be a shoe in for one.
Don't you believe it Neil,they took mine off me after a laughable assesment,I'm fitted with an internal defibrillator and have steroid injections in both knees,they seem quite happy to give them out now to people with mental ailments.

carp dundee

Only if you get the full rate of motability allowance, a blue badge on its own does not guarantee free road tax.
Hi Geoff, if you get the standard rate PIP for mobility you can still get a 50% discount on your car tax but you have to apply every year to DVLA, well worth it if you have a bigger diesel car or suv.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Geoff, i am sure you get reduced rate road tax, if not getting full mobility allowance

Method Man

I’ve had both ankles fused with pins and metal rods due to chronic arthritis and was awarded my blue badge but I had to appeal every council differs, and I can confirm you do not get free road tax just on that basis. 😜