ALDI. Fishing gear

Ivan heaphurst

Just got back from ALDI with a new bib and brace £24-99. They have a few items of clothing and a good tackle bag for £12-99. No tackle just clothing and flasks at good prices.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
i didnt see any flasks in my local store but the neoprene boots look quite good
Heard bad things on another site about them, though I have no first hand knowledge of them.(Boots)

Last edited:

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
Got myself a pair of lined joggers and hoodie with neck warmer for £12.99 each felt warm when I tried them on and loose, should be good sitting on the box and a bag for £12.99 good size bag with 3 outside pockets very pleased, the boot look good but was quite heavy, they also had the bib and brace & coat which I bought 2 winters ago I recommend them still has good as when I got them.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Got myself a pair of lined joggers and hoodie with neck warmer for £12.99 each felt warm when I tried them on and loose, should be good sitting on the box and a bag for £12.99 good size bag with 3 outside pockets very pleased, the boot look good but was quite heavy, they also had the bib and brace & coat which I bought 2 winters ago I recommend them still has good as when I got them.
I sure the joggers where £9.99.

PAB

Site Supporter
Had a bib and brace from them a few years ago and it is still going strong and gets used most weeks at least once

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
Had a bib and brace from them a few years ago and it is still going strong and gets used most weeks at least once
Yeah, I bought a spare pair some time ago and its still in its bag ! Great quality for general fishing

Nicky Dodds

I don't know whether they've improved the boots for this year but there were at least 6 cases of them splitting round our way last year.
I bought a pair of the neoprene fingerless gloves last year and have never used them until today. I lifted my carryall onto my octbox footplate as I was unloading the van and the rubber palm grip ripped straight off. I kept them on and fished a while in them and they would have been very comfy if they had straight neoprene palms. Once the rubber dropped off it was just a fine netting underneath similar to women's tights.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Heard bad things on another site about them, though I have no first hand knowledge of them.(Boots)
Mate bought some for his mrs to walk the dogs in, he was well miffed when they started cracking and falling apart..... blamed me because i recommended some neos to him for fishing.... then he tells me they'd never been wet because she didn't walk the dogs if it was wet and they spent most of their time sat in the conservatory..trying to make him understand that UV and neoprene aren't a good mix was difficult but not as difficult as getting him to understand that warming them up with the hairdryer before using them was a quick way to kill neoprene (heat and neoprene is another no no) sheeesh

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Had my Aldi neoprene wellies for 4 years now (£15) still going strong... brilliant value for money😎👍😍

Simon R

Site Supporter
My Aldi wellies are two years old - was wearing them yesterday - feet as warm as toast all day(y)
Bib and Brace hasn't ripped or dropped apart yet either and the fingerless gloves are also intact.

Simon

Reuben

Site Supporter
just bought 3 pairs of their fishing socks. Great value at £3.99 A pair - a good wool content too.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just picked up a pair of the boots and 3 pairs of the socks, be interesting to see how they perform for the money. ;)

PAB

Site Supporter
just bought a couple of pairs of there jogging bottoms very warm and at £9.99 each can't go wrong.

trotter2

I got some of the wellies a couple of years back and they are still going strong. The bib and braces are also very good, too hot some days.

peterb

Had a bib and brace for at least 5 years nice and warm and still going strong , bought a pair of boots this week .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Capt Birdseye Fishing Talk 24
S Fishing Talk 23
Vindaloo_Beast Fishing Talk 70
S Fishing Talk 1
C Fishing Talk 12