Alan scotthorne's distance feeder rods.

big jake

In the latest match fishing Mag, Alan Scotthorne is using prototype acolyte distance feeder rods.
Does anyone know when they are likely to be available ?.
I e mailed drennan but they won't discuss future tackle releases.

carlh

Site Supporter
If they are testing the rods there could be many tweaks yet so it could be ages or it could be the finished product and could be out soon, so basically there is no answer to your question coz as you said drennan will not tell you

jay67

Site Supporter
hope theyre 13ft two piece , like the acolyte compact float rods

Sam Vimes

There have been rumours of a 17' Acolyte float rod for ages now. As yet, there's no hint of an official release and Drennan won't give anything away about them. Similar happened with the first batch of Acolyte feeder rods. They first appeared in the angling press, and were talked about by Drennan reps, a good year before they actually appeared in the shops. All those that fancy the idea of a proposed Drennen rod can do is sit and wait for them to appear.

fishmadbert

Good sales ploy, that is building a market before release.

Cheers fishmadbert [:T]

Gutsy

Site Supporter
He uses it in Feeder e mag with Lee Kerry at Wordsborough res.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Sam Vimes

There have been rumours of a 17' Acolyte float rod for ages now.
The Drennan rep was in my local shop last week and he stated that the release of the 17' is imminent - although I've heard that before.

He had no information about the feeder rods, so judging by how long the original feeder rods took to appear in the shops I'd expect them sometime in 2018 [:p]

Simon