Air gunners, your opinions please.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
UPDATE

Thought I'd treat myself to this. It's getting delivered in 2 weeks time. It's a Walther Rotex RM8 Tactical. Fully serviced but doesn't come with the laser range finder. 140 shots per fill at 11.5ft/lb using Air Arms Diabolo Field pellets at 16 grain (.22). Comes with bipod, 4-16x50 scope, whisper quiet silencer, spare magazine. and gun bag. All this and delivered to the door for £300. Can't wait to put the night vision on it and go vermin bashing...

Gun 1.JPG

Gun 2.JPG

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wish I was a poor pensioner :D

• Haha
Reactions: sly

62tucker

Site Supporter
Looks class and looking forward to see how it goes with the Pard 007.
How you going to fill it. Are you going to have to but bottles etc.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Looks class and looking forward to see how it goes with the Pard 007.
How you going to fill it. Are you going to have to but bottles etc.
For now, I'll take it to local gun shop for filling.

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
UPDATE

Thought I'd treat myself to this. It's getting delivered in 2 weeks time. It's a Walther Rotex RM8 Tactical. Fully serviced but doesn't come with the laser range finder. 140 shots per fill at 11.5ft/lb using Air Arms Diabolo Field pellets at 16 grain (.22). Comes with bipod, 4-16x50 scope, whisper quiet silencer, spare magazine. and gun bag. All this and delivered to the door for £300. Can't wait to put the night vision on it and go vermin bashing...

View attachment 25693

View attachment 25694
Flash bugger 😆😆

Badgerboy

I have ordered a new air rifle, comes complete with scope but it's a basic 4x32 and make unknown. I will be replacing it but need some advice on 2 that I have in mind.

This one,

or this one...

it's for the vermin (mink and rats) down on clubs waters.

And here's the gun it's going on.

The Nikko sterling is a good scope, I've had one as a spare scope for 5 years it's been on springers and pcp. Clear reticle and good optics, great value.

Captain Pugwash

Ya wont catch owt sat on the settee. P.A.C Member
When a kid pest controller for a local chicken farmer I used to get 1p per tail for rats, used to pin them by the tail on barbed wire fence and he used to ask how many then reckon to count them to keep me honest, I think I was the richest 12yr old on our edge of village estate.
Great times.

CarpCatcher86

You can have a lot of fun with a c02 rifle, they can be and are very effective short range hunting tools too.
I have two tuned Weihrauch HW97k's in 177 and 22 both with a Hawke Airmax 30SF 4-16x50IR scope which I wouldn't sell or swap for the world. But my Crossman XL Ratcatcher with a 4x32 Hawke Airmax scope takes some beating. It's so light I could carry it all day and not even know I was carrying it.
I think NV or an IR scope would be a bit overkill for the rifle you have in mind.
Something small and light with decent zoom and good glass will be just fine.

62tucker

Site Supporter
You can have a lot of fun with a c02 rifle, they can be and are very effective short range hunting tools too.
I have two tuned Weihrauch HW97k's in 177 and 22 both with a Hawke Airmax 30SF 4-16x50IR scope which I wouldn't sell or swap for the world. But my Crossman XL Ratcatcher with a 4x32 Hawke Airmax scope takes some beating. It's so light I could carry it all day and not even know I was carrying it.
I think NV or an IR scope would be a bit overkill for the rifle you have in mind.
I on lookout for a co2 rifle. Only want to buy one and use forever. Don’t want to buy a cheaper one to find myself wanted to up grade it in a year or 2. Got told to save up and get a Weihrauch HW100

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I on lookout for a co2 rifle. Only want to buy one and use forever. Don’t want to buy a cheaper one to find myself wanted to up grade it in a year or 2. Got told to save up and get a Weihrauch HW100
Take a look at this one....The HW100 is a pcp..

Or if you want the .22 version for hard hitting, look at this one.....The .22 has a kill range of 40 plus yards without even trying and has 14 shot magazine.

Last edited:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Night vision is a must for the rats and mink on local lakes, I shoot at dawn and dusk. The scope that comes with the rifle is a Hawke 4-16x50 and I reckon the Pard NV007 will suit it nicely.

rudd

The Gamo Phox is well worth a punt.

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
UPDATE

View attachment 25693
Great gun the same as mine. The accuracy is amazing

View attachment 25694

CarpCatcher86

Night vision is a must for the rats and mink on local lakes, I shoot at dawn and dusk. The scope that comes with the rifle is a Hawke 4-16x50 and I reckon the Pard NV007 will suit it nicely.
Either way mate you can't go wrong with hawke scopes. They have been all I have used for years since my simmond WTC got dammaged while traveling to a shoot. And you certainly do get what you pay for. Most of my ratting was done in and around barns other farm buildings and the occasional tip so I didn't have much need for night vision scopes.
As for the HW100, it is an amazing rifle which will match and outperform many rifles in the same price bracket and more expensive. I used one myself for a while for pest control which I don't do on the same scale I used to. The only downside I found with the HW100 was how easy it was to shoot. No bad thing some may say, but it was far too easy and in some cases didn't seem fair. Mine was 177 and the lad I shot with had one in 22, both with the same airmax 30sf scope so we used to swap and change on occasion. Both have taken rabbits rats squirrels and birds out to 50 yards or more, rested of course. When holding a rifle that you know can do that and the conditions are right, it really is very satisfying when the rifle does what you want it to do. Having said that, if I knew there would be any shots required at longer ranges I would take the 177 over a 22 any day. The flatter trajectory is much easier to work with, even though with either caliber shot placement is important, 177 works just as well as 22 if your shot placement is correct.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Either way mate you can't go wrong with hawke scopes. They have been all I have used for years since my simmond WTC got dammaged while traveling to a shoot. And you certainly do get what you pay for. Most of my ratting was done in and around barns other farm buildings and the occasional tip so I didn't have much need for night vision scopes.
As for the HW100, it is an amazing rifle which will match and outperform many rifles in the same price bracket and more expensive. I used one myself for a while for pest control which I don't do on the same scale I used to. The only downside I found with the HW100 was how easy it was to shoot. No bad thing some may say, but it was far too easy and in some cases didn't seem fair. Mine was 177 and the lad I shot with had one in 22, both with the same airmax 30sf scope so we used to swap and change on occasion. Both have taken rabbits rats squirrels and birds out to 50 yards or more, rested of course. When holding a rifle that you know can do that and the conditions are right, it really is very satisfying when the rifle does what you want it to do. Having said that, if I knew there would be any shots required at longer ranges I would take the 177 over a 22 any day. The flatter trajectory is much easier to work with, even though with either caliber shot placement is important, 177 works just as well as 22 if your shot placement is correct.
I had one in .22 and .20 both brilliant guns.
I must say I do like the MTC scopes especially the mamba lites