3000 or 4000 Reel?

Kali

Just been bought a 10' Matrix Carp Feeder Rod and wondered which Aquos reel would suit it best, the 3000 or 4000?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That would be down to personal choice but I use a 3000 bait runner on my 10 feeder rod. I tried a 4000 on it but somehow it didn't feel right.

notneeded

Site Supporter
I use 3000 size for my feeder fishing ,it suits me ,may not be right for you .

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
I tend to try and use 3000 for feeder, but occasionally I use a 4000. The 4000 does feel a little large but it's nothing that concerns me. 'Balance' has never really bothered me unless it's a mile out, and I'm more interested in using a reel that I like/trust/know.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Always remember Kali .... The fish dont know what reel you are using. Go with the one you feel comfortable with. With regards accuracy when feeder fishing, my advice is .... You cant put 100lb of bream on a dinner plate. 2.5m x 2.5m seems to work for me. Good luck pal. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
Always remember Kali .... The fish dont know what reel you are using. Go with the one you feel comfortable with. With regards accuracy when feeder fishing, my advice is .... You cant put 100lb of bream on a dinner plate. 2.5m x 2.5m seems to work for me. Good luck pal. 👍
Would that be 2.5 miles square Mick? :p:D:giggle::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
@tipitinmick .....My accuracy is unnerving Mick! :oops:.....I just wish the feeder would land in the same lake!:love::ROFLMAO::giggle:
That made me laugh. My old mate was wondering why he kept coming back with no hook length on his feeder set up until I pointed out that on cast he was catching his hook in a tree behind him. He doesn’t like me laughing at him but, that didn’t stop me. 😂😂😂😂

Total

Site Supporter
That made me laugh. My old mate was wondering why he kept coming back with no hook length on his feeder set up until I pointed out that on cast he was catching his hook in a tree behind him. He doesn’t like me laughing at him but, that didn’t stop me. 😂😂😂😂
The sights you see when you ain't got a gun eh? :D:giggle::ROFLMAO: