2019 Nick Clark Memorial Match

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A note for your diarys - the 2019 Nick Clark Memorial Match will be held on Saturday 6th July and this year will be on Bonsai at Lindholme.
Steve's not taking names yet, but just letting you all know to keep the date free.
The match format will be the same as previous years, and if anyone has any queries, please message @steak

Many thanks,

Steve

@steak

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Enjoyed last Years and im sure im free, but if summat crops up i will donate My peg Fee's (y)

steak

Left hand drawer
Site Supporter
Hi all,

I’m now taking names for this, so if you want booking on, please email me direct at steve@stephensonsinv.co.uk and I will send the sponsor forms via email as soon as they are ready,

Many thanks,

Steak.

AFletcher22

Hi. Me and my dad are interested in this but we've not fished it before. Any chance you can explain what the details are?
Thanks

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'd also like to know about the match format. Is it individual?..pairs?

steak

Left hand drawer
Site Supporter
Hi lads,

Sorry, I should have given a bit more explanation in my post.

The Nick Clark Memorial Match is an annual charity fishing match, traditionally held at Lindholme Lakes.

We raise much needed funds for the Yorkshire Cancer Care via "Leeds Cares" and to date, since our first annual match in 2012, we have raised just over £40,000.00 including gift aid.

The match is in memory of my brother in law who died from lung cancer in 2011, aged in his 40s and he left a widow (my sister) and two young children.

This year's match is to be held on the prolific Bonsai Lake, and we can take up to 60 anglers this year.

The match is a fun event, and we have a special section for novices, which can include children and adult "non-anglers".

I am hoping to arrange one on one supervision for the novices for the match to help ensure they all catch and have a good day.

One of the standout parts of our match is that we have an hours break in the middle of the match for a bbq, a go on the tombola and hopefully the cake stall where we have scones and cream with strawberries .

After the weigh in, we return to the licensed clubhouse at Lindholme for the results and a raffle and auctions,

All in all, its an excellent day.

If you are interested in entering, the criteria are that you must raise a minimum of £25.00 in sponsor money (the current record is £1,600.00 by Lee Geldard) and sponsor forms are emailed to you when you apply. A peg deposit of £8.00 is also required (payment details supplied on request).

I am hopeful one of our sponsors will put up a prize for whoever gets the most sponsorship again this year.

If you would like to book on the match, please email me at steve@stephensonsinv.co.uk and I'll send you the sponsor forms.

Sponsor money needs to be paid via our justgiving page (details will be supplied) by the Monday before the match (Monday 01/07/2019).

If you have any queries or wish to speak to me directly, I can be contacted on 07702 845608.

Many thanks,

Steak.