18 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy Medic

Site Supporter
I was working for an investment bank in London on the trading floor. The whole thing unfolded on all the tv screens around the floor. Everyone just stopped everything they were doing to watch. Number of the banks employees were in the towers. Disbelief and confusion were my main thoughts at the time.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Was taking my mum back from manchester airport back to Leeds. She had flew in from Turkey. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as this was not an attack on 20 or so americans with a gun or a knife but an attack on the western world it should be treated with respect.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but as this was not an attack on 20 or so Americans with a gun or a knife but an attack on the western world it should be treated with respect.
And fair comment, but every coin has 2 sides. What about the attack on the Eastern world..twice.

6th August 1945. 70,000 people killed instantly in Hiroshima by an atom bomb, many more dying from the nuclear fallout months later. Survivors still dying from cancer due to the fallout. Estimated deaths in total...135,000.

9th August 1945. 75,000 killed instantly in Nagasaki by a 2nd atomic bomb. Estimated deaths in total due to fallout isn't known.

Yes they happened nearly 75 years ago but people are still suffering from those horrendous attacks. Doesn't the Eastern world deserve the same respect? Yet nothing is mentioned.

NoCarpPlease

Agree with that UKZero, all deliberate acts of killing non-combatants are horrendous and the victims worthy by of respect.

Above that, war is horrendous but seems to be a human condition.

62tucker

Site Supporter
We had just booked up to go to Florida a year later. We were actually there on 1st anniversary
On the day I walked into work to see the planes going into the buildings on the rest areas tv. Like a movie screen.

dezzatheblue

I'm the same with the US gun culture. Mass shootings etc. Yes I feel sorry for the parents when kids in schools are shot, but, if the US didn't have the gun culture that they have, then it wouldn't happen. So in a way, it's their own fault.

I bet that puts the cat among the pigeons, just my view.
Agree with that one.

dezzatheblue

I was on way home from work in London,
Group of people standing outside a shop, stopped to see what was going on, it was on a tv in shop window.

Kev86

Me and wife had just landed at Manchester airport when it happend, it was really sad.

Kev

Simon R

Site Supporter
I watched summat about the 9 - 11 attacks and they shown a very slowed down version of the impact to the Pentagon and without sounding disrespectful or conspiratal it sure didnt look like a plane.
So lets discount, the 100+ eye-witnesses, the bits of plane scattered over the Pentagon lawn
1568273733800.png

The engine parts and landing gear they found inside the building - lots more similar photos of Boeing parts are on t'interweb
1568273921462.png

But apart from the actual physical evidence and the fact that NOBODY saw a cruise missile (or similar) hit the building, a grainy, probably photoshopped image is proof enough?

I think what confused many people is they expected to see the impact site showing a carton like outline of an aeroplane - an aeroplane that's mainly constructed of lightweight aluminium. Much of the plane vapourised upon impact, most of the rest was destroyed by the subsequent fireball - jet fuel burns much hotter than the melting point of aluminium.
If it were a missile where was it fired from?
How come it didn't appear on any radar tracks - the plane did.

Simon

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
So lets discount, the 100+ eye-witnesses, the bits of plane scattered over the Pentagon lawn
View attachment 20746

The engine parts and landing gear they found inside the building - lots more similar photos of Boeing parts are on t'interweb
View attachment 20747

But apart from the actual physical evidence and the fact that NOBODY saw a cruise missile (or similar) hit the building, a grainy, probably photoshopped image is proof enough?

I think what confused many people is they expected to see the impact site showing a carton like outline of an aeroplane - an aeroplane that's mainly constructed of lightweight aluminium. Much of the plane vapourised upon impact, most of the rest was destroyed by the subsequent fireball - jet fuel burns much hotter than the melting point of aluminium.
If it were a missile where was it fired from?
How come it didn't appear on any radar tracks - the plane did.

Simon
Oh I said on the programme it didn’t look like a plane, don’t try making me out to be summat I’m not.

AdieSWA

I was in secondary school, didn't find out until I went to do my paper round on the way home and my boss told me to leave it today and just go home and watch the news.

davylad

Site Supporter
I'd just hit it to 4' on a hard par 3 at Minto golf course in the Scottish Borders, when the news came, needless to say I missed the putt after all the shock of it all.

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Seeing the people jump to their deaths , rather than burn will stay with me for ever , just horrendous

Agree with that one.
Your Deluded. The attacks on 911 by was in part the fault of the innocent US public. Say that back to yourself and see how ridiculous you sound

7 7 musta been in part been the responsibility of Londoners and yeah ok Machchester Arena bombing...well you must get the sarcasm now. Some members on this forum must really be itchy for a response ie troll because you cant honestly be that thick

Last edited:

dezzatheblue

Don't look at photos

Your Deluded. The attacks on 911 by was in part the fault of the innocent US public. Say that back to yourself and see how ridiculous you sound

7 7 musta been in part been the responsibility of Londoners and yeah ok Machchester Arena bombing...well you must get the sarcasm now. Some members on this forum must really be itchy for a response ie troll because you cant honestly be that thick
Read what was said.....the post I agree with was about gun crime in the USA nothing to do with 911, so before you call people trolls think.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Can We just go back to WHAT WE WERE DOING THAT DAY ? it will save a lot of arguments and accusations of disrespectfulness.

Corn Master

Site Supporter
Read what was said.....the post I agree with was about gun crime in the USA nothing to do with 911, so before you call people trolls think.
Tell me...what the hell do you know about gun crime in the USA. Live there do you. Have family there do you. Exposed to it are you

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
oops, sorry...just realised this had been locked....i'll delete my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mickthechippy The Politics Room 6
Peter Football Corner 11
SeanB The Club House 0
Neil ofthe nene The Club House 16
crackatoa Fishing Talk 7