The Maggotdrowners Forum - Who's going to Holland 2017 ?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Going Fishing.........
 Who's going to Holland 2017 ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 05 January 2017 :  5:36:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Bittell

Have you though about Eurotunnel? You can get 40 each way sometimes and can usually get on a train earlier than the one booked if you arrive early.

40 each way equates to 80, so no cheaper really? The same thing can happen with the ferry, I have done it several times it does depend on how full it is. I suspect Jim is going Dover Dunkirk, so it gets you further up the coast and gives you a couple of hours break before doing the rest of the journey. Good luck Jim

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

Bishy

Posted - 05 January 2017 :  7:32:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bishy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Looking to get to dekoerburg on the 29th april. Just me and my trusty tent for aweek. Tight lines have a great new year everyone

Go to Top of Page

Bittell
Life Member

Posted - 05 January 2017 :  10:30:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bittell to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Stretch1066

quote :
Originally posted by Bittell

Have you though about Eurotunnel? You can get 40 each way sometimes and can usually get on a train earlier than the one booked if you arrive early.

40 each way equates to 80, so no cheaper really? The same thing can happen with the ferry, I have done it several times it does depend on how full it is. I suspect Jim is going Dover Dunkirk, so it gets you further up the coast and gives you a couple of hours break before doing the rest of the journey. Good luck Jim

You gain by less mileage to Folkestone than to Dover and the Tunnel is far quicker/less hassle than the ferry, also with no risk of bad weather delays.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 January 2017 :  12:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Bishy

Looking to get to dekoerburg on the 29th april. Just me and my trusty tent for aweek. Tight lines have a great new year everyone
Bishy we are there that week and the anglo dutch festival lads so its going to be very busy.Thers about 15 in our gang plus i think at least another 10 and thats without the match lads but the festival is completely fished on the river so we are talking at least 25 fishing the still waters.One thing it will be good craic in the bar

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Mainly Bits
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 January 2017 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mainly Bits to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Booked 22nd June Hellevetsluis

Go to Top of Page

Billsykes
Life Member

Posted - 06 January 2017 :  10:31:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Billsykes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

You are a glutton for punishment mainly... going back down south ha ha good luck ....

Edited by - Billsykes on 06 January 2017 11:19:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

wishbone

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 January 2017 :  8:32:34 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wishbone to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

We have decieded to have a change from Hellevelotsluis this year and head north. I have seen two places to stay in the same area but which one would be best for fishermen dekoerburg or Landal Landgoed. Bar a must of course.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 January 2017 :  11:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Wishbone if you have read the reports from the last few years DeKoerberg is a must as well as good fishing the bar on the site is open every night and also does meals apart from that you will get all the info on where to fish from the lads that go year after year.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 January 2017 :  2:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Also forgot to mention that they have bait fridges on site

Go to Top of Page

Billsykes
Life Member

Posted - 09 January 2017 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Billsykes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Sept seems a long way off til I can get on zalk

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

wishbone

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  2:29:37 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wishbone to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks Spud, I'm on the case.

Go to Top of Page

Billsykes
Life Member

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  6:46:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Billsykes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Chris have you done much good in little zalk late on in Sept ? Just wondered whether they stay out in the river that late on or if pre baiting will bring them in ?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Chris Watson
Dutch Dynamo

Durham
England

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:11:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris Watson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

There's fish in there all year round Bill, I posted a video on my Holland page on Facebook from a day we had on little Zalk in September of last year. It was one of the only days out of the 2 weeks that we had some cloud cover and some rain, think I had about 20 skimmers and bream and loads of roach. Although this wasn't a particularly good day for the lake, you have to remember that it had been 25c + for at least 10 days.
I fished The river at the back of the lake on the last day of the summer trip and had over 100lb of bream, roach & ide, so that's definitely worth a go if you like the ijssel, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Go to Top of Page

Billsykes
Life Member

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:37:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Billsykes to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Thanks Chris yes fish the river a lot we do love a bit of flowing water in fact stood in lakes like the zalk bream fishing and fast rivers are our favourite so it's a perfect place for us

Go to Top of Page

Bishy

Posted - 10 January 2017 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bishy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Hi spudnudd will there be anywhere on the issel or vecht that you can fish or will it be closed all week? How many match anglers are there in the actual match itself ? Im there saturday lunchtime , straight out fishing for a few hours once the trusty tent is up, and i leave the following saturday evening? Just wondered if its possible to get on the river at all? Any help greatly appreciated. Also anyone know if you can fish lures that time of the year, its just that after nine hours bream fishing i usually finish of with three hours on the lures. Lol#127907;#128540;

Go to Top of Page

Chris Watson
Dutch Dynamo

Durham
England

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  10:06:02 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris Watson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Just to follow up on our conversation on Facebook Paul, the May festival is nowhere near as busy as the September one. It usually only gets around 20 anglers, so more than likely they will just have 2 sections on the ijssel, so there'll be plenty of places to fish, including the back of mini Zalk, Veessen, Olst, Vijhe, Wilsum etc....
You will be able to fish anywhere on the Vecht, the Anglo Dutch only fish the ijssel

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

wishbone

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wishbone to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Three of us now booked for our first time at De Koerberg 9th June for a week. I've got the google map so just a couple of questions regarding where to get licenses and bait/tackle shop locally.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Watson
Dutch Dynamo

Durham
England

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  7:47:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chris Watson to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

All licences are available at reception Wishbone. Can't really help you with the bait question, we always take our own, apart from worms which we get from the worm farm at Zalk.
If you have to go to a tackle shop for bait, there's a good one on the way up to the camp in a place called Nijkerk, but I would suggest if you have to get it over there, get what you need for the week and bung it all in the fridges provided on site, because Nijkerk is about 40 minutes away. I don't know if any shops local to De Koerberg that sell good bait as I have never had to use one.

Go to Top of Page

spudnudd
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  8:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit spudnudd's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add spudnudd to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Wishbone looks like pigeons gang are going the week before you so ya will get the info on how the fishing as been,pity it ain't the same week as Paul knows the area.

Go to Top of Page

Nunachuk
Life Member

Site Supporter

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  11:08:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nunachuk to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Wishbone mate, give this a try (if it's the one that I'm thinking of, it's just past a shop called 'Sky High', don't know what they sell,mate but the last time that I walked passed the shop, I couldn't stop smiling and saying' peace man'

It sells good maggots!

https://www.zunnebeld.nl/hengelsport/

Grant me the senility to forget the people
I never liked anyway,
The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

Edited by - Nunachuk on 13 January 2017 11:12:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.34 seconds.