The Maggotdrowners Forum - Great Ouse Buckingham - BDAA
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Great Ouse Buckingham - BDAA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mc Andy

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 03 January 2017 :  12:28:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Mc Andy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Anyone a member of this club and fish the river? I am a member but there doesn't appear to be a collective medium to contact this club for advice other than the secretary. Been out with my 10yr old son and while we did draw a blank with no signs of fish, it was a nice day. I know some are secretive of the swims but as access is not the easiest, I thought I would see if if can draw on some of your experience as to which stretches are worth pursuing. We did try the old dick walker section of the river.

thanks

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 January 2017 :  2:14:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Unless you have been PM'd mate, you may have just seen proof of the secrecy you refer to, either that or no Mders are members of that club.

Not a member myself and never fished the Ouse (I do Barbel fish though). Got a son of similar age who enjoys his fishing, If I can help by way of localish waters for you both to fish, just let me know.

If its just the Ouse then sorry can't be of help, but not sure really of what you are looking for, in terms of species or your experience.

'Any indications?'
Go to Top of Page

Mc Andy

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 January 2017 :  9:05:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mc Andy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by Northantslad

Unless you have been PM'd mate, you may have just seen proof of the secrecy you refer to, either that or no Mders are members of that club.

Not a member myself and never fished the Ouse (I do Barbel fish though). Got a son of similar age who enjoys his fishing, If I can help by way of localish waters for you both to fish, just let me know.

If its just the Ouse then sorry can't be of help, but not sure really of what you are looking for, in terms of species or your experience.

Not a peep not even by pm. Would be interested to hear about other localish spots. Of all the years I fished as a lad on the thames I have had many good size chub but never ever a barbel. Would love go catch one but chubbig spots would be good or somewhere that would provide sport for my son. He has patience if he senses there is a chance so I do have a good fishing buddy

Go to Top of Page

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 January 2017 :  8:23:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Willowbrook, Islip.

Great for silvers, bream, tench and Carp. Works well to let the lad fish whip/pole and leave a sleeper rod to the side for the big carp. Pleasant scenery, spacious pegs and pleasant bailiff too.

Barnwell picnic park back water, good chub on bread if clear or cheese paste if coloured, park in layby though and walk across.

My Barbel fishing takes me to the Trent and Severn, so, given the distance, not sure how badly you want to catch a Barbel, but a weekend up Bridgnorth would fit a father and Son trip and Trent we can do in an hour or so. If you fancy the Trent or Severn, PM me and I will let you know where we generally go, with some success.

Re the Ouse, I do know that Dax at Wold Farm had a stretch of the Ouse he controlled, again, if you want his number, PM me. Don't know how he runs it/lets it, but may be worth an ask.

'Any indications?'
Go to Top of Page

Mc Andy

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  12:17:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mc Andy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Willowbrook, Islip.

Great for silvers, bream, tench and Carp. Works well to let the lad fish whip/pole and leave a sleeper rod to the side for the big carp. Pleasant scenery, spacious pegs and pleasant bailiff too.

Barnwell picnic park back water, good chub on bread if clear or cheese paste if coloured, park in layby though and walk across.

My Barbel fishing takes me to the Trent and Severn, so, given the distance, not sure how badly you want to catch a Barbel, but a weekend up Bridgnorth would fit a father and Son trip and Trent we can do in an hour or so. If you fancy the Trent or Severn, PM me and I will let you know where we generally go, with some success.

Re the Ouse, I do know that Dax at Wold Farm had a stretch of the Ouse he controlled, again, if you want his number, PM me. Don't know how he runs it/lets it, but may be worth an ask.

Barnwell sounds great. take it that is the stretch up behind the lakes? looks about 50 minutes away for me so will try and check it out soon.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Northantslad
'Any indications?

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 January 2017 :  12:45:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Northantslad to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

Barnwell. Yes , thats it, two big lakes in the park and the backwater swings around the back of both.

One of the lakes -North lake, can be good for silvers and Tench too.

'Any indications?'
Go to Top of Page

Mc Andy

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 March 2017 :  08:28:53 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mc Andy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :

Barnwell. Yes , thats it, two big lakes in the park and the backwater swings around the back of both.

One of the lakes -North lake, can be good for silvers and Tench too.

Had a few hours up there on Saturday. Water was fairly high and pretty fast flowing and struggled to find some dead water hides holes but bagged 2. One just over the lb and another 4lb 3oz which put a nice little bend in the rod. Only fished from behind the corner of Mill lake where the giant black Swan is and then a few hundred yards down stream but had a good day.

Go to Top of Page

PlasticJock
Life Member

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 March 2017 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PlasticJock to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

I fished the Barnwell Backwater a few seasons ago as I was told it held Barbel and I even contacted the EA who confirmed they had stocked barbel in there. Probably fished it 10 times had Chub, Perch, Roach, Dace Even some Big Bream going on 5lb which are big considering the size of the water.

I fished the opposite bank which is On the Wellingborough Card and it gives you much better access to the river.

Go to Top of Page

Mc Andy

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 March 2017 :  10:22:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mc Andy to your friends list Reply to Topic Quote this Post

quote :
Originally posted by PlasticJock

I fished the Barnwell Backwater a few seasons ago as I was told it held Barbel and I even contacted the EA who confirmed they had stocked barbel in there. Probably fished it 10 times had Chub, Perch, Roach, Dace Even some Big Bream going on 5lb which are big considering the size of the water.

I fished the opposite bank which is On the Wellingborough Card and it gives you much better access to the river.

That's some very good fish for the size of the water..

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.29 seconds.