The Maggotdrowners Forum - Where you fished today (Part 12)
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Where you fished today (Part 12)
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Happy and relaxed in Yorkshire

My Photo Album

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  11:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Peter to your friends list

The start of a new thread, "Where you fished today (Part 12)".
Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 now add up to 1100+ posts ! And in case you've missed them, here are shortcuts to the previous threads:

Part 1

Pages: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

Part 2

Pages: 1 , 2 , 3

Part 3

Part 4

Pages:1 , 2 , 3

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

So if you're new and have an hour or six spare take a read of the previous reports and lets continue posting.....

If you wish to include a photo feel free using the 'MyPhoto' but for the enjoyment of others, please crunch/optimize them to reduce your file size to less then 30,000bytes - the smaller the better

Happy posting

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

adam
Life Member

Teesside
England

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  8:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit adam's Homepage  Click to see adam's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add adam to your friends list

venue:woodlands lakes thirsk(skylark)
date: sunday 11th of may

after going to pick up robbie and tony me and my dad made our way to our first match of the season on woodlands expecting a good day i got a half decent draw peg 23 with robbie next to me in 24 tony drew a flyer in the corner peg 18 with my dad on 16 at s the start of the match i cupped in about 40 4mm pellets at 6 meters and the same at 10 meters and started on the bomb after 15 minuets i had nt had any indications and after i had seen a few fish caught on the pole including 5 fish for my dad i decided to try it my self straight on the 10 meter line hadd a bite first drop in and hooked an 8 oz tench witch came of at the net then i started getting unhittable indication s so moved on the 6 meter line and hada carp about 1 and a half pound then started getting the unhittable bites again so back on the 10 meter line and straight away had a simlair sized carp and a skimmer then i start ed to foulhook fish in the next two hours i could nt hook a fish properly and lost 8 foulhookers while all this wa happening my dad was bagging and by the end of the match he had about 40 lb and tony had 3 carp in the last hour to beat me while robbie had about the same as me as soon as the match finished my dad stood up of his box when a gust of wind caught his brolly and blew in his box and net with half his fish escaping and he still weighed in 22lb the match was won with 39 lb and overall i had a terrible match but hopefully im of to rennys on sunday were i should have a much better day

Go to Top of Page

hawkyboy
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawkyboy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hawkyboy to your friends list

Hello all,
I'm planning a trip to my local pond again on Sunday (Ecclesfield) in Sheffield. I'm planning on ledgering meat tight up to the reed bed with a little corn thrown in for good measure. The pond holds a mix bag of roach, perch, gudgeon!!! the very occassional skimmer, the very very occasional tench and crucian and some very good double figure carp though these are notoriously difficult to tempt! hence My back up plan will be to fish corn, maggot, caster on the waggler on my second line (i like a mixture of baits).
watch this space for my report, i will try to entertain with a bite by bite account...if i get any..chances are it will be a really short posting!

Tight Lines

Hawk

Go to Top of Page

buzzholder

Surrey
England

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  2:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit buzzholder's Homepage  Click to see buzzholder's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add buzzholder to your friends list

Adam sounds like you had a good but frustdrating day,when foul hooking fish all the time try fishing about 2-4 inches off the bottom you will get less foul hookers and more in the net
good luck
buzz holder

Go to Top of Page

adam
Life Member

Teesside
England

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  10:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit adam's Homepage  Click to see adam's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add adam to your friends list

i tried that but the same thing the only way i could avoid it was to fish a foot deep and i lost 1 fish which snapped me that way on 0.13 line any way off to renny tommorow its much shallower and you seem to get less liners i ll let you now how i get on

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

haydn.borthwick
Compo

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  12:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit haydn.borthwick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add haydn.borthwick to your friends list

Semmerwater 16th, 17th, 18th May
Set off after work 4.30pm to pick up Phil at Stockton. Arrived about 6.15 pm after traffic holdups on A1. Loaded and set off for Semmer. Very bad road lots of bends but got there eventualy. Toma, Dazb & the Brummy..Larry I think ( lousy on names but don`t forget a face.) were already shall we say well watered. We joined them in some happy banter. 11.30pm I decided to try my new tent. 4.15 am woke up. The tent is a little small for me and though none of the wind or rain had got in, then condensation was apparent. I LOOKED OUT AT A MORNING OF WIND AND CLOUDS. I made my breakfast, bacon , eggs, beans, tommatoes & fried bread. pHIL SURFACED AT 5.00am. Why should Toma sleep on? We were here to fish so...........radio on nice and loud. the result.........After much grumbling about how their heads and mouths felt the rest surfaced. After a short chat Phil and I set off in search of the elusive fish. I tackled up my 18` telescopic, 6lb line to size 14, 5lb bottom. Two worms and a maggot and lob it right out. After about 1/4 hour the rod end dispite constant movement, due to howling gale, whipped round......strike I was in. A Bream about 3lb came towards me through the shallow water. I`ll just beach this I THOUGHT........Bad mistake. off it went. Lesson learnt. I rebaited and cast out. 2 hours later another bite, used landing net this time ...an hybrid about 1lb. Stu and Simon joined us.I watched Stu land a nice Pike and settled back in my seat to avoid the wind and rain. I slept........and slept......and slept. Tea time, so packed up and headed back to the bivvys. Des did fantastic Barbeque. Many thanks to him. We then chatted about the weather as my brolly blew inside out. Dam the wind and rain were making this NOT a pleasure despite the brilliant company. Phil & I decided enough was enough and after saying goodbye to one and all set off home. After dropping off Phil and collecting some flowers he had given me for the wife I set off back to Leeds. Arrived home 1.00am and crawled into bed. I had had a good time but this bed sure beat the tent and lilo.....lol.See you all at the next fish-in. Larry you are a scream. Thanks for the tales you told.........Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Edited by - haydn.borthwick on 18 May 2003 12:54:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Polepot
Poles

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  12:53:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polepot to your friends list

Chestnut Pool Langford Bedfordshire – 17th May 2003

Saturday morning saw The Witness and I up early but not so bright and heading for Chestnut Pool Langford. Although this is a local water to us neither of us had wetted a line here before. The fishery was dug out 5 years ago and is well laid out with features to most of the pegs. Stocks are of Roach, Rudd, Bream, Golden Tench, Mirror and Common Carp.

When we arrived we were told to walk and find our pegs first as he was already quite full and had a match booked which would take at least 10 of his pegs. We found two pegs up at the top end, which looked to be good, although, my peg 17 had not really got a chuck to the Island.

Richard set up a heavy feeder rod using Vitalin as his base with some corn, pellet, and brown crumb added. He had to cast about 30 meters to the Island but soon had a nice mirror on the bank, followed soon by another.

Meanwhile I had set up the pole with two rigs, one to fish caster and one to fish pellet. I started fishing straight out in from at about 8mt cupping in a small amount of Pellet but after an hour without bites I decided to change lines and started fishing to my left and about 3 m out Caster on the hook and cupping in a couple of small cups to get them going, and lose feeding regularly. I found I was getting bites but not catching so I lightened the elastic going from 10 down to 5. The Roach and Rudd started to come in quickly, I did however loose a couple of larger fish, as 4 Elastic is not really the best for large Carp and Tench. I also managed to bag this Bream, which was covered in Spawning Tubercles.

At about 5 O’clock I switched to the other line, which I had continued to feed lightly through the day. Within a few minutes I was into this lovely conditioned Golden Orfe,

followed quickly by a Golden Tench.

Whilst I was catching these Richard hooked into this bream which whilst he was playing it leapt from the water. Neither of us has seen this behaviour from a Bream before – is it unusual?

We ended our days fishing at 8:20 having had a thoroughly enjoyable day – agreeing that we would return again soon. Then to the Brewery Tap in Shefford for a pint a great way to end a good days fishing.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Edited by - Polepot on 18 May 2003 3:20:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

haydn.borthwick
Compo

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  12:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit haydn.borthwick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add haydn.borthwick to your friends list

Look at Toma`s eyes. That should carry a health warning......" DON`T DRINK TOO MUCH CAFFREYS......LOL

Go to Top of Page

haydn.borthwick
Compo

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit haydn.borthwick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add haydn.borthwick to your friends list

Nice report Toma......sh thanks for not elaborating on ibiza....lol

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

everyready
Life Member

Flintshire
Wales

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  8:34:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add everyready to your friends list

Went fishing wrexham north wales a few nice rudd one two pounds others around one pound perch one one and half pounds other little smaller.
Rudd.

The Perch

Just pulled it all together for you John.Peter.

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  9:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Today was the first match of the new club season,and the venue was Falkenville Mushroom Farm just outside Hailsham in Sussex.
Now we've fished Falkenville before,normally on the main lake or the matchlake,but today we were trying a newer lake on the complex.
It's a canal type lake about 12mtrs wide supposedly stocked with a bit of everything.
Unfortunatly to say that it's exposed would be an understatement and with a grey sky and strong winds everyone opted for the cooked breakfast in the barn before the draw
Well into the drawbag and peg 17 sticks to my hand,slap bang in the middle of the stretch,totally exposed and with just a few stick-ups to fish to,i just knew i wasn't going to enjoy it.

The View from Peg 17 looking towards the low numbers...

As is usual on one of our club matches the wind dropped as we were setting up,lulling us into a false sense of hope,but as soon as the all in sounded the wind sprang up again,never to drop away again.
Now most of the fish in the lakes at Falkenville are reared at the owners own fish farm and the killer bait is normally pellet or paste,and with no cover and a very shallow margin on my side the line of attack had to be across at 12 mtrs where i had a small shelf and about 3 ft of water.
Micro pellet with a few maggots and bits of sweetcorn were potted in with a Kinder cup and an expanda on the hook.
Bites were mere knocks,and trying to fish a dotted down float at 12 mtrs in a howling wind isn't my idea of fun,but by chopping and changing i was able to nick a few little blade skimmers and chublets.

A Small Chub.....

Nearly everyone except the 2 end pegs were struggling when with an hour to go i had a run of 4 bites and 4 carp Alas they departed almost as soon as they had arrived,but i did have one more fish before the fial whistle,a bit of a surprise.........a small Barbel.

Baby Barbel......

Those 4 bonus fish boosted my weight at the end to 6lbs which was good enough for 4th on the day.
So that's it,7 points towards the club championship,and 2 more species ticked off on the fishing race.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Winner MD's Alders Farm Match 2012
Winner Jinx Series 2 Day Rolfs Festival 2012.
Winner MD's Rolf's Pairs Championship 2007 with Tony Roberts.
Winner MD's National Individual Championship 2005.
Winner Jinx Series Pairs 2005 with Steve Wilson.
Winner MD's Southern Individual Championship 2004.

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

hawkyboy
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  3:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawkyboy's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hawkyboy to your friends list

The day out at Ecclesfield Pond...

7.00am....As I arrived at the venue I immediately opted for a swim
at the far end of the pond, this area has reeds to the immediate right, this area is renowned for being the daytime hangout for the carp. In front of me I had a nice expanse of open water, with no other features. The weather was reasonable, rather blustery and quite bright. I was fearless when it came to the rain as I had just invested in a Regatta all in one waterproof jumpsuit...sort of like a rubber Elvis...game on.

7.35 I opted to fish waggler at around 14 metres with single white maggot flavoured with paprika which I'm quite partial too, it gives the wrigglers a sweet flavour (or so the roach tell me).
Straight away the float sailed under and I was into a roach of about 6oz. I was fishing on the drop with dust shot down my line and firing in 3 or 4 maggots with every cast.

7.45- The roach were coming thick and fast to the tune of the local church bells. What the bloody hell they were ringing them at that time for I had no idea. An outbreak of leprousy perchance? anyway the bites were fairly positive with the float sailing away and I wasn't missing anything.

7.50- A nice perch came to the net, about 14oz on single red maggot. I was fishing to around 4ft deep, after the line had falled through the swim I was leaving this a minute or so and latching into perch. By now the rain was falling steadily, just a shower I thought looking at the sky...there was a bit of blue left to my right!....ohh, I should add that I had another rod fishing out to reeds ledgering a cube of pellet flavoured meat on 5lb mainline with a 4.8lb hooklength to a size ten. i hair rigged this.

8.15- Not wanting to brag, fishing maggot was getting boring! the roach were pouring into the swim (no groundbaiting allowed) but this didn't matter here as they were fighting for my bait! I shallowed up for some real fun to about 1.5 ft, removed the dust shot so the bait could fall naturally and started to bacg up on the big roach as I noticed these were starting to top..(no surprising after the way i was feeding the swim.)

9.30 now I was getting large roach to 1lb as soon as the bait touched the water. The takes were that positive that the big dogs were hooking themselves...marvellous!

11.00 still no touch on the meat rig....wait.....there it goes! "yes!" I exclaimed as my bite indicator screamed, I could see the rod tip pulling roaund slightly..I struck...and was in!...............to a roach of about a pound and a half. A very nice fish but I was bitterly dissapointed that this wasn't a tench or carp.

12.00 dinner time, I tucked into my sandwiches and coffee thinking of what might have been, still very happy at the amount of roach I had taken on the morning. Well in excess of 20lb.

1.00 change of tactics! the roach had died away and all I had to show for the last hour was a perch of about 3oz..not good. I takled up 2lb mainline to a 1.8lb hooklength fishing a size 18 with sweetcorn. Game on.

1.20 My first bite...and I'm in! a roach of about 10oz but I was aesthetically pleased with the corn fishing concept. Harder work but I was after a tench or two! there are some beauties in the pond to about 6lb. These are rarely seen. The meat rig was completely inactive now.

1.45 Whack! I was into something considerably larger than my last roach...my mind raced....a small carp....a tench....After fishing the water for the last 10 years I knew it like the back of my hand...or so I thought! The predominant species here are roach, perch with the odd carp and tench. Two years perviously the pond had been stocked with 750 crucians.....but what was this! I strained my eyes as the fish rolled near the surface after a brief fight...looks like a poor fighting tench...oh it's......a bream! 2.5lbs. I was fairly chuffed with this as in 10 years of fishing the water I had never seen one! great. It was in perfect condition.

2.15- I deluded myself with dreams of a shoal of bream though as I stared..the float dipped slightly...I was laying on by an inch or two though it was hard to tell exactly as there are many undulations on the bed of the pond. It sailed away and I struck! missed it!damn.

3.00 another fairly uneventful hour passed with the float dipping once or twice...sod the maggot! that was easy if you wanted bits and pieces! I was "corning it" for the duration.

3.30 Keeping one eye on the meat rod I heared a small bleep...then another then.....nothing.....a liner? maybe.

4.30 The bites had died of here. I opted for a leg stretch and went to chat to an angler on the next peg down who had fished pellet all day to no avail " Just two bites pal" gutted.

5.15 Finally a fish starts playing with my float...a lifter! I strike and....missed it but it's a bream I'm sure as it tops and swims off.

6.00 My hopes start to get a little higher as the sun is starting to dip a little and I start to get that "Redmires " feeling looking at my carp tackle and feeling that same, late in the day anticipation and hope that comes over me now and again. I've suddenly got a good feeling about this one. Just one hour to go. I have decided to leave at 7.00....what a session!

6.30 Nothing. the carp rig has seemingly given up and my redmires feeling is leaving by the second! there are some very good carp in here but they don't like me today.

6.45 My float sails away and....another bream! fantastic...my heart says " fish on son! they're shoaling up down there!" but my head say's "15 mins left boy..."

7.00 I reluctantly reel in the meat rig. I have thoroughly enjoyed the day. Some fantastic roach action early doors and a brace of bream for my hard work. No carp ....again! but I'll keep going. I have enjoyed it. My water proofs have held out! and here comes the taxi! ......I must pass that bloody driving test....

Go to Top of Page

rbthd001

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  8:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit rbthd001's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add rbthd001 to your friends list

Monday 19th May - Makins Lake 2
Caught steady from the off using method feeders mith dead maggot/punched catmeat cast tight to island margin. I kept feeding my pole line at about 9m lightly with dusted meat and when i dropped on it, it was solid, but the gales meant that i had to go back to the method.

Robofish

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 22 May 2003 :  8:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simon R to your friends list

A few more pics from Semerwater:

Wild & Windy

Stu's Pike

My catch of bream, skimmers, hybrids and a couple of roach

There would have been another roach in here if a pike hadn't chewed one up, before Daz nicked it as bait before casting it off first chuck

This was about the only thing enjoying the weather

Daz the BBQ king, cooking up a feast - as usual

And finally a shot of Maggotville II

Another good weekend away - the weather tried to dampen our spirits but when you got good company the weather doesn't really matter. Andy did you notice how the bloody sun came out as soon as we got past Leyburn

Tight Lines

Simon

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stokesley.ac/
Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  12:05:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

originally posted on FVUK
Buttonhole lake (cambs/norfolk border)24th may
decided to give this a try today, settled on peg 6 & fished 2 lines 5m & 10m alternating 1/2hr on each.
View from my peg to left

Started the session by cupping in 2 pots of catmeat & pellets in at 5m just on the corner of some reeds in 6ft of water to fish on the bottom with catmeat.
Straightafter i cupped them in i catapulted 3 pouches of casters at 10m to to fish caster at 18ins in 7ft of water for the silverfish
first put in with caster resulted in a small roach and throughout the day on this line i had about 15lb of roach,skimmers & rudd the best one a roach of about 1lb+.
on the 5m line i ended up with 2 barbel (best 2-06) severall carp from 6ozs to the best fish of the day this mirror that went 7-04

and i had 15 tench from 6ozs to this one that went 4lb

in all a very good day

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing f**k football

Edited by - martin. on 25 May 2003 12:12:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Polepot
Poles

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  08:47:35 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polepot to your friends list

Looks like you had a G8 day Martin, but do tell me how you manage to make the fish look so big ib your pictures

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  09:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

It's not the fish that are big Nick,just that Martin's so small.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Winner MD's Alders Farm Match 2012
Winner Jinx Series 2 Day Rolfs Festival 2012.
Winner MD's Rolf's Pairs Championship 2007 with Tony Roberts.
Winner MD's National Individual Championship 2005.
Winner Jinx Series Pairs 2005 with Steve Wilson.
Winner MD's Southern Individual Championship 2004.

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  10:40:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

quote:
Originally posted by Polepot

Looks like you had a G8 day Martin, but do tell me how you manage to make the fish look so big ib your pictures

Poles

it also helps when you hold the fish in line with the camera & hold it out away from your body .

tight lines.
martin.

Go to Top of Page

Bluey
the old hippy

Northamptonshire
England

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  10:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bluey's Homepage  Click to see Bluey's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bluey to your friends list

CANONS ASHBY

MONDAY MAY26th 2003

Well I thought this day would never come when I rported on one of MY days fishing to share with you.
I have to admit that I was excited as a child on Christmas Eve, so much so that I kept waking up to see if it was time to get up!
Anyway time came when we were up loaded the car and off! As some of you may remember this trip was due in Easter but was put back until now, but finally we made it.

Here are a couple of views of the top lake from my peg.

I was joined on this trip by my younger son Chris, unfortunately now Kirk has moved out he wasn't with us that day, here is Chris trying to loose feed and tell me how many fish he'd caught at the same time (damm clever these youngsters )

About ten minutes into our session my float disappeared, came back up then tore off across the lake, I lfted the rod and basically hung on the fish took line for about five minutes but I gained an upper hand and managed to get it under some semblance of control, however I got it near the bank and Chris stood ready with the net only for us to see a huge bright red and yellow tail wave out of the water and slap down on the line with a resounding "CRACK" and then it was gone, bummer, not to be daunted I carried on and was rewarded with a roach of about 4-5ozs.

After a switch of depth I caught my first Crucian of about 2lbs and when i saw it I thought "I'm not losing that!" both of us were then pestered by a selection of small hungry perch, these were followed by a few more roach and the odd small bream, I was then rewarded with a second Crucian slightly smaller than the first but still all buttery gold and very beautifull.

It was just after midday when I cast out after a well deserved cup of tea and the float landed and I saw the line float down onto the water when all of a sudden it straightened out and a large fish rolled on its side on the surface and I thought "God maybe a nice carp please" it turned out to be a bream of about 2lb or so and it had taken caster tipped with a pinkie "on the drop" which is something I'd never experienced before having always taken bream off or near the bottom.

Near to packing up time I was blessed with a THIRD Crucian smaller than the other two but welcome non the less, this one was rather strange in the fact that it only had one eye, it had the other socket for the eye but none was present and the skin had grown over the socket, I am told this could be the result of parasitic infection.

Well today was the first for many things we had our licences checked by a rather nice lady bailiff from the EA and we'd had a good days fishing our total catch bar a few perch and the odd small roach not worth putting in the net was as:

But I think pride of place goes to my trio of crucians.

Anyway that brings my first where you fished today report to an end, hope it's OK and as play on words spoken once by someone famous

ICH BIN EINE A MAGGOTDROWNER

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Edited by - Bluey on 27 May 2003 10:38:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  10:56:51 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

Andy
looks like you had a good session there

Steve
nice to see a report from you at last some nice pictures glad you had a good day

tight lines.
martin.

Go to Top of Page

Bluey
the old hippy

Northamptonshire
England

Posted - 27 May 2003 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bluey's Homepage  Click to see Bluey's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bluey to your friends list

Cheers Martin!

Yeh we had a wonderful time, they've changed the system there since the last time we went, youngsters under 16yrs now pay no charge and there's no charge for keepnets, although you have to submit your net for random inspection.

On the way home Chris said to me to call in on the drive thru' at maccy dees (McDonalds)as he wanted to get something. When we got to Weston Favell and pulled up outside the order/payment window he called out his order and then HE asked ME what I wanted, but I don't particularly like that sort of food, and I thought he was paying for it, so I sat back and the guy said something like £3-75 please I looked at Chris and he said "well I don't have any money" so I ended up paying.
God kids these days! still at least he had a days free fishing so it wasn't that bad.
Then off home to bathe my sunburnt arms!!

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.64 seconds.