The Maggotdrowners Forum - Where you fished today (Part 10)
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Where you fished today (Part 10)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Dave
Red Leader

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 March 2003 :  11:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

....but they were a bargain Peter

Dave

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 27 March 2003 :  12:37:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

One previous owner...........ACTION MAN

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Go to Top of Page

ray
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  08:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit ray's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add ray to your friends list

Wed 26th march
Fir tree fishery, apply bridge.

Arrived at the fishery at about 08:00, sun was shining with just a gentle breeze.

Set up in a swim on the match lake, as I was only going to be there for a couple of hours I decided to only fish one pole line at 11mtrs in 6ft of water.

Started off feeding a few pinkies with double pinkie on the hook, first put in resulted in a skimmer followed by a couple more then a small tench.

After about an hour I had caught a few skimmers, a couple of green tench and a golden tench of about ˝lb.

I swapped hookbait to a pellet and started to pick up a few crucians and a couple of bigger tench.

After a couple of hours I decided to go for a walk to one of the other pools for a coffee and a natter to al peters, before going I cupped in ˝pot of pellets with a few grains of corn.

On return to my swim, I put a pellet on the hook and in it went, again I caught a few tench, skimmers, crucians and another golden tench.
packed up at about 12:00, ended up catching a total of 26 fish, skimmers,crucians, green and golden tench.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Edited by - ray on 28 March 2003 08:16:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

kev coke
Life Member

United Kingdom

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  10:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit kev coke's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add kev coke to your friends list

Well today was my last chance to get some practice in before i go to whiteacres so as i had to goto woodlands view in droitwich to pick up the worms for my white acres outing i thought that i might as well take in a match at moorlands farm which is just down the road and for company i had my fellow COKEHEADS andy and kieth(MD).
Ariving at the venue we found that the match was to be held on the bank pool and as andy and kieth did not want to fish the match they decided to pleasure fish on meadows pool on pegs 2 and 3.

As you can see from the photo it looked like it was going to be a nice day this is the view over to where andy and kieth were going to fish from the tackle hut.
I left andy and kieth to tackle up and start fishing as it was time for the draw for my match so my hand goes in the draw bag and out comes peg 25 so off i goto fish my match.
My match went very well i caught at 8 meters out in front of me on the corn and meat just feeding a pinch of pellet 4 grains of corn and 4 small cubes of meat after every fish and was catching carp to 5lb steady about every 15 mins then with an hour and a half to go it was time to try down by the reeds 13 meters to my left which i had baited at the start of the match so corn went out on the hook 5 mins later there was a 7lb common carp in the net this was followed by 2 more of the same size ,then andy comes over to see what i had been catching iv had a few i said as i put the net under another 7lb fish me and kieth have had loads he tells me and then goes off back to start fishing again,I caught nice and steady for the last half hour of the match and when the scales got round to me 77lb was the top weight so far and i was last to weight in i put 102lb on the scales and won the match and was well chuffed but no pics as andy and kieth were busy fishing.
So i packed away and had a quick trip to woodlands to get the worms then back to moorlands to see how andy and kieth were doing and get some photo`s

Kieth was fishing 10 meters out on the corn and said that he had had 24 carp on the corn and catmeat .
Andy was setting a rig up to fish in the margins to his right and after not getting a bite after 30 mins i borrowed him the rig that i had used in the match to catch my fish and 5 mins later this

Andy was netting his first margin fish

And here it is in its splender
Andy then caught a couple more and kieth had one on too so got this pic of the 2 of them in action

The funny thing was just after taking this photo kieth pulled out of his fish so no pics of kieth with fish .
All in all a good day was had by all and am now looking forward to malcs summer series match on moorlands now.

KEV THE PEOPLES BOOKIE

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

keith
Gandhi

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  11:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit keith's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add keith to your friends list

Kev,

I told i was trying to shake it off

Keith correct spelling

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  12:11:03 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Today i fished the south yorkshire navigation canal at kilnurst,

this stretch of canal has not fished well of late and is still in the winter doldrums, only 3 weeks ago everyone blanked in a match, but needing to catch a gudgeon for the race i thought i'd give it a go,

this canal is a far cry from lazy canals built for narrow boats, this is a mans canal quite daunting
to the uninitiated, built for the great big barges carrying tons of coal & steel of this industrial area
of south yorkshire, averaging 40 metres wide & 10 to 15 ft deep, and even then some of these laden barges scrape bottom, stirring mud and with no natural bank to absorb the bow waves it can take an hour for your swim to settle after a passing barge, no natural bank just great steel pilings and pretty much featureless,

heres a picture looking up the canal

my peg

right to the fishing, after plumbing up i decided to fish at 11mts where i had approx 11ft depth fishing a 1grm float which is quite ample when the canal is not pulling, and at weekends usually boat traffic is not too bad,
with gudgeon the target species the olivette rig was finished off with 0.6 hook length & a size 24 hook to fish pinkie over ground bait, cupped in a couple of balls of g/bait with a few pinkies & caster in, float set at 2" over depth, single fluro pinkie on the hook and away we go,

after 15 mins, got my first bite which i missed, and then missed my second bite, for those of you who have targeted gobbies before will know how frustrating it can be until you get the rig right, the next bite i hit and a small gobbie was swung to hand,

altering the rig to fish dead depth i caught gudgeon at a steady rate, cupping in another ball of g/bait when bites slowed, and fishing caster brought the odd better stamp, things slowed for an hour when a couple of barges stirred things up ,

heres one of the smaller barges obviously unladen with how high it is in the water,

well time flies when you're having fun, yes even though the humble gudgeon is only small and dont fight that hard they can be great fun for a 2 or 3 hours on the canal,

teepee.

Go to Top of Page

Geoff P
The grumpy one!!

South Yorkshire

My Photo Album

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  8:10:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Geoff P to your friends list

Just a quick trip to the Neath Canal today, (escaped while my daughter did some housework for a change, and prepared dinner)

No small fish, just three tench, two of about a pound and this beauty of just over 3 lb.

All caught on float rod, 3 lb line to 2lb bottom and size 16 hook, using bread flake. I also lost 3 in lillies on the pole.

Geoff
Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  11:58:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Good Reports from 1 and all and a nice win Kev

Date : Sunday 30th March 2003
Well onto my report for an afternoon's fishing with Steve Wilson.

As we had no match today we settled on an afternoon session on the venue recently announced to host the Midlands Intersite Challenge Match thats Stockton Res nr Rugby.

We settled on Stockton for a couple of reasons, firstly as it's always possible to get a peg without being crowded, secondly as it's always worth a few fish, and the third and final reason was because someone on one of the sites involved in the Intersite Challenge Matches had posted on their forum that the venue was "CRAP" (their words not mine) so i wanted to prove them wrong.
And i think we did just that.

Well onto the fishing.

We arrived there at about 1.45pm and wandered around to the boardwalk with Steve sitting on peg 7 and me on peg 6.

We both fancied a bit of stretching on the elastic so both just set up the pole Steve fished at 9mtrs and i went a bit further to 11mtrs.

Bait wise we both fished with Corn as hookbait with Steve feeding Pellet and me feeding Groundbait & Pellet.

Firstly we both had a few Chub which go around the lb mark but fight as if they are twice that size.

One of the smaller sized Stockton Chub about 1lb

Then the Carp started to show and the 1 in the picture below was the first of the afternoon to fall to Steve.

As is always the case when we are next to each other the micky taking was non stop with constant streams of verbal being thrown around as firstly i caught a fish and took the lead only for Steve to come back with another fish to draw level.

We had a steady stream of fish in the few hours we spent there today and the next 2 pictures shows some of the different shapes of Carp that put in an appearance in my swim both weighed around 4lb apiece but that was where any similarity ended as you can see.

In the end i had 10 Chub and 6 Carp whilst Steve only managed 8 Chub and 5 Carp so i stuffed him.

Well that about rounds up our Sunday afternoon.
OOPPS nearly forgot to mention Steve did manage the Carp pictured below so i suppose he did try to beat me.

Okay so Steves Carp did weigh 9lb 11oz i suppose he done okay in the end.

Hopefully the above report will at least let others know that Stockton is not that bad a water in fact i'd say it's a cracking underated water.

And i'm back over there tomorrow with Digger Barnes for a few hours.

MALC IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  12:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Nice One Malc.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Go to Top of Page

granjuiceymoose
'Grinch'

Teesside
England

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  08:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit granjuiceymoose's Homepage  Click to see granjuiceymoose's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add granjuiceymoose to your friends list

Nice reports some good reading

Tight lines

Go to Top of Page

Alison

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  08:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Alison's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Alison to your friends list

Saturday 29th March

Venue - Kingfisher Golf and Country Club, Buckinghamshire

Well today saw us in Buckinghamshire to fish a new venue. This is a small pond just behind the clubhouse. Apparently the owner tells us it has a good head of Carp in it, good size Tench and Perch.

We started around 9am, (late start, heavy night on Friday), we picked 2 swims in one of the far corners. Again we fished maggot on the hook over hemp and maggot. We used 'stench' as groundbait and after about 2 hours with just a couple of small Roach I hooked into a nice Tench. After a struggle my partner netted it for me, weighed in at 3.5lb. My biggest yet!

After lunch we decided to move round a bit and continued to catch small ones until I hooked into a rather nice Perch. Weighed in at 2.8lb, again my biggest yet.

The rest of the afternoon only had a few small Roach and Perch but decided we will definitely go back there again, maybe when it warms up a little more.

Sorry no pictures (camera battery went flat!!)

Alison

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  10:35:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Malc, well done, looks a good venue for the intersite challenge 2

Alison, well done with 2 PB fish,
but no pictures you'll have to go back and catch them again

teepee.

Edited by - teepee on 31 March 2003 10:41:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Alison

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  1:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Alison's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Alison to your friends list

Hope to Teepee.

Alison

Go to Top of Page

Polepot
Poles

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  1:18:40 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polepot to your friends list

well done Alison sound like a good day.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Go to Top of Page

scott essery
'Silver man'

United Kingdom

Posted - 01 April 2003 :  12:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott essery's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add scott essery to your friends list

sorry for the belated reply to malcs post

seems a really good day you and steve had at stockton .... i bet daves a happy chap about the midlands venue for the intersite match

those carp are a bit odd! how come they look like a blooming football?

i recon we should have a rugby v coke head / practise in june just to suss out the place a bit better... as dave said, consolidate the northern win

Alison... well done mate

Steve... i was only kidding about the SC1 please let me hold your pole, please

silver man

Edited by - scott essery on 01 April 2003 1:03:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wormzalot
Maver Man

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 05 April 2003 :  9:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wormzalot's Homepage  Click to see Wormzalot's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Wormzalot to your friends list

Hi lads, went fishin at Dunston Heath Farm today and had a nice bagup. Got there at about 8.00 and set at a peg near some sunken rushes across the pool. There was a bloke there and he had had nothing yet, so i got cracking on.
Started fshin about 8m out next to the rushes on caster. In the first 10 mins i had my first bite, 6oz golden rudd. After that the bites were unstoppable, a mixed bag of roach, rudd and gudgeon. It went dead on caster so moved to red maggot. Atfer 5mins got a bite, nice crucian to about 1lb.
Then i got a tench of about 3/4 of a pound, then followed by the silver fish. (Kept feedin the margins every 20mins or so.)
Thought i'd try an get the carp goin so i dropped some strawberry micropellet in about 11m out and stuck a Cat's 'n' Dog's strawberry hooker pellet on. Got another tench to about 1lb, but no carp
Between 3 'n' 5o'clock i fished about 1foot deep oc caster an got the silver fish.
Carried on with the red maggot , this time at 12.5m and got the last 5 fish of the day.

Nakkered now but felt great then.
Pete

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Gav_Mitchell

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 05 April 2003 :  10:22:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gav_Mitchell's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Gav_Mitchell to your friends list

Hey all, Off fishing tomorrow at Mann Dam. Hopefully gonna connect with some Bream and odd Tench, I'll post the result tomorrow when I get back

Gav "Tench Prince" Mitchell

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  11:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

I really am going to have to get one of these!!!!!!

5.55am"RING RING" "I'm downstairs ,where are you?"

OH GOODNESS IS THAT THE TIME !%*$$$*!!!! YOU GET OFF AND I'LL MEET YOU THERE

Not the best start to the final club match of the season,so a mad charge round gathering up all the kit and chucking it in the car for the 40 mile trip to Willow Park at Ash Vale ,just outside Guildford.
A quick phonecall to the chairman to let him know i'm on my way and to get him to draw for me.

Pulling into the car park just in time to find everyone making their way to their pegs i'm told that i have drawn peg 71 on the bungalow bank of the Main Lake.

Now the Main Lake isn't used much for matches anymore as the carp have grown rather large,much more the territory of the "Boilie & Bivvy Brigade"

As usually befits a Hawthorne match the weather that had been nice and springlike in the SE for the last fortnight,had transformed into a dull grey overcast day with a biting cold North wind that had dropped the temperature more than a couple of degrees.

PEG 71

Well running late and trying to play catchup,i set up a groundbait feeder so that i would have something to fish with at the start.
What i really wanted to do though was go at it with the pole,as there wasn't a lot of colour in the water,and i had a feeling that it would be hard,so it was soon out with the pole and a quick plumb up revealed a nice flat area 8ft deep at about 11mtrs.

Now bearing in mind that it was the last match of the season and with everything decided clubwise I decided to attack it,so 6 big balls of Sensas Crazybait Black with a good helping of casters & hemp went in on this line to fish caster or red maggot over the top of it.

Well after about 40mins the first 6oz skimmer was netted and a steady stream of these,along with a couple of better examples continued throughout the whole match.

Four of the lads had close encounters with rather large carp during the course of the day,but the score ended Carp 4-0 Anglers.
Come the end of the match i put 26lbs 10ozs on the scales,which was only beaten by Paul (the club champ) on the end-peg putting 43lbs 2ozs on the scales for 1st place.

So that's it for another season of club matches,just the 2nd round of the Supercup to be fished on the 27th.
It's been a good season for the club though with a total of 5122lbs 13ozs being weighed-in during the 17 matches,an average of just over 300lbs per match,with an average of 17 anglers attending each match.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 07 April 2003 :  02:23:43 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Well done Peter on the 2nd spot and some good reports throughout the clubs season.

Todays Report 6th April 2003

Well this afternoon Steve W and myself went to Stockton Res for a few hours pleasure fishing (just for a change)

Well on arrival there were ˝ dozen anglers fishing around pegs 40 to 50 and a couple of others on peg 26.

Well us being us we went and fished on the walkway with Steve on peg 14 and me on 13.
These pegs are 2 of only 5 pegs that you can reach one of the islands with the pole so guess how we fished

On plumbing up next to the reeds surrounding the island (14mtr) we both found about 4ft of water so thats where we fished.

Just as we started the lads that were on peg 26 came walking past on their way home and after a brief chat we found they had struggled for just 1 carp of around 6lb and they said that everyone else on the lake were struggling.
Believe it or not but when we heard that everyone else was struggling we actually said good that means we'll catch a few (thats how much we like the place).

Onto the fishing.
The wind was blowing quite hard from right to left which made holding 14˝ mtrs hard work but it wasn't long before i was netting the first fish which was 1 of the smaller Chub around 12oz this was followed within mins by it's twin.

Mean while Steve managed to miss a couple of bites which resulted in the normal verbal getting sent his way.

After ˝ hour and myself missing a few more bites a change of bait resulted in the first Carp of the session as you can see in the picture below it was a cracking common in perfect condition. (the picture dont do it justice)

This was followed by the Mirror in the next picture and once again it was in cracking condition and it also gave Steve a few laughs as it went under my platform a few times but it was netted in the end.

Not to be out done Steve managed to put a couple of Chub in the net and then got to tangle with the Mirror in the picture below,

Then we both had a spell where we both lost a couple then managed to land a few smaller Mirrors around the 4lb mark along with a couple more Chub each.

Steve in action about to net a Carp

Which turned out to be this perfect Common

The final fish of the session fell to myself and after a long and dogged fight yet another perfectly conditioned Common was in the net, and yes it took so long to get in that it had started to get dark.

Well to sum up our session i had 3 doubles and 4 singles plus 4 Chub.
Steve ended with 2 doubles and 3 singles and i think 3 Chub.

All in all a very enjoyable 4 hours fishing and made even more enjoyable as Steve had to use MY bait to catch and he hates to admit it when my baits work and he'll get stick for it for a while yet.

ROLL ON THE MIDLANDS INTERSITE MATCH

MALC IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Edited by - MALC on 07 April 2003 04:21:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Polepot
Poles

Bedfordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 April 2003 :  2:30:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Polepot to your friends list

Well done Malc and Steve but Guys it looks like you have forgotten to smile, or werte not enjoying yourselves - or was it the fact that the Jinx did not work LOL

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.17 seconds.