The Maggotdrowners Forum - Where you fished today (Part 10)
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Where you fished today (Part 10)
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

...fully qualified in Tea making

My Photo Album

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  8:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Dave to your friends list

The start of a new thread, 'Where you fished today (Part 10)'.
Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 now add up to 900+ posts ! And in case you've missed them, here are shortcuts to the previous threads:

Part 1

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7

Part 2

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 3

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 4

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 5

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 6

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 7

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 8

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 9

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

So if you're new and have an hour or five spare take a read of the previous reports and lets continue posting.....

If you wish to include a photo feel free using the 'MyPhoto' but for the enjoyment of others, please crunch/optimize them to reduce your file size to less then 30,000bytes - the smaller the better

Happy posting

Dave

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

teepee
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  10:34:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

17-3-03 Today I fished Bakers pond at kilnurst for the first time,
The kilnurst book i got last year to fish the river also has the canal
and this pond all for £9 & with the river now closed i thought i'd go and try this pond,
its a silver fish venue, holding roach,perch,crucians,tench,skimmers & rudd,

here's the pond,

armed with only maggots & pinkies i fished the pole at 10mts, and the depth was only 3½ft, just loose feeding pinkie and fishing maggot on the hook, after ½ an hour bites started and for the next 4 hours bites came quite frequently and i finnished up with 53 fish,
made up of:- 11 crucians, 25 perch, 5 rudd, & 12 roach,
total weight 15lbs,

11 crucians

25 perch

5 rudd

12 roach

a very enjoyable day,

teepee.

(Just reducing the photo sizes )

teepee.
happy potting

Edited by - Dave on 22 March 2003 5:48:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dai Fish
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  10:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Dai Fish's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Dai Fish to your friends list

Nice report Andy, keep it up mate

Dai Fish
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Happy and relaxed in Yorkshire

My Photo Album

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  10:56:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Nice reports and pic's from you both
Nice to see your not a blanker any more Andy.
Tony,looks like a cracking session with a nice bit of variety.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Winner MD's Alders Farm Match 2012
Winner Jinx Series 2 Day Rolfs Festival 2012.
Winner MD's Rolf's Pairs Championship 2007 with Tony Roberts.
Winner MD's National Individual Championship 2005.
Winner Jinx Series Pairs 2005 with Steve Wilson.
Winner MD's Southern Individual Championship 2004.

Read 'My Fishing Diaries'
Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  08:06:48 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

some good reports from all

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing f**k football

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

The percher
Bolton 'till I die

Lancashire
England

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  6:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit The percher's Homepage  Click to see The percher's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add The percher to your friends list

nice catch teepee, wish for once i could get a catch like that!

J.Tolley

Go to Top of Page

Geoff P
The grumpy one!!

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire

Enjoying retirement.

My Photo Album

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  7:06:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Geoff P to your friends list

Well I had a free afternoon after buying Margarets good wishes with a drive round the Welsh country side this morning.

I arrived at the canal at half past two this afternoon. I set up my pole to fish at 6 metres with size 10 elastic, 4lb line to 2 lb hook length and a size 18 hook, 0.5 gm float. Fishing single maggot I had a slow 2 and half hours fishing. One little perch, but these three beauties.

Largest went 2lb 12 ounces with the smallest going just under 1 and three quarter lb. Not quantity but quality. I have got to beat last years 55 tench from this canal, so these 3 are a good start.

Geoff
Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Geoff

MDs Rolfs Pairs Champion 2010 partnering Spamwham

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  7:30:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Andy nice to see you did'nt blank! and tell Bernie well done, its nice to see someone new to angling catch,

Geoff like you say not quantity but 3 nice Tench,

teepee.

teepee.
happy potting

Go to Top of Page

mookie
mookie

Durham
England

Posted - 19 March 2003 :  8:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit mookie's Homepage  Click to see mookie's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add mookie to your friends list

Good evening gents...Well my good mate Norm the poacher rang me yesterday to ask if wanted a session at Catterick complex....this was new to me and was well chuffed when l saw the lakes....this morning dawned frosty and foggy with not a whiff of wind...and as usual good ol Norm arrived on time...7.15ish....

For the short trip to the complex around 11 miles....< Be a good venue for a fun fishin >...we picked the match lake which was nearest the car....arrived and as per usual l decided on the tiny feeder rig...3lb ml..to a 2lb hl...with a barbless 18......we set up swims next to each other..so a good chinwag wasnt a shout athon..lol lol..
....Norm decided to get his pole out..which l am sure is attached to him......
As for bait l had a few red maggots which Norm kindly bought me...corn and some meat.....

We started around 8ish....very foggy and frosty still......but as 8.15 came along my tip flew round and a nice common carp came to my net which was around the pound mark <another 3 points to my list.....< l jokingly said 2lb to Norm > dont think he was impressed as he was stuggling to get a bite...which is very unusual with the pole...
l had the odd bite in the next 2 hours but nothing worth hitting...then at around 11ish...as l was pouring my coffee...l looked round to find my tip going like the clappers......played this fish carefully as l had changed to a lb bottom to try and get more bites...and up she came a lovely TENCH...my first since the late 80s.......and another 3 points to the race...this fish was also around the pound mark.......that really made my day....and the sunshine to go with it...sunshine and tench.......hurry up summer...
By this time Norm had foul hooked a carp but it got off at the net.....lots of.......then at last a carp for Norm..a few casts later....
So we decided for a walk round to see if anybody else was catching...as quite a few had turned up....one of the lads on the other side was a friend of Norms...< lingos the same ...so they knew each other..>...he was catching on corn and red maggot..... so in the end Norm said fancy moving round to the other side...relunctantly l agreed and glad we did.....
Soon as Norms pole float hit the water....it was gone...that next 4 hours he got a bite a chuck...and a fish a chuck...

l couldnt get a sniff on the tip so l got the dreaded pole out...
Some damn reason l cant get the hang of it.....it really gives me the willies....always get tangles always get annoyed with myself..
I tried it out for 20mins or so, but couldnt get a bite..whatever depth l went.....
So the tip came out again and l moved again to where Norms mate was....and l got a pastie carp every 10mins or so...in the end l had 10 pastie carp.....plus the tench and the common.....l was pleased to get some fish .. on such a wonderful warm March day...l had 3 layers of clothing on this morning...including my army romper suit...boiled lobster l was........

So it came to Norms netful....he counted them....63 pastie carp to half a pound....around 20lb +... all round......

Well that was our day at Catterick complex...its situated in the village of the same name........Come to think about it it would be a good venue for a fishin...WHAT YE THINK NORM..!!! would the owner appreciated 20 + mds on his lakes....

Cheers mate.....thanks again for taking me....

MOOKSTER.......MDS SIMPLY THE BEST....

Edited by - mookie on 19 March 2003 8:44:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Simon R
Life Member

Site Supporter

Teesside
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 March 2003 :  10:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon R's Homepage  Click to see Simon R's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simon R to your friends list

The ponds at Catterick are owned by Leeds AA, Gus Greaves is the on-site bailiff. I suspect that if you wanted to book some sort of match / fish-in on there you would need to go through the full Leeds committee etc etc.

I'm not in Leeds anymore but I'm sure Dave or Stu will have a better idea of how we might be able to go about it, there's certainly plenty of room and variety of lakes down there (plus the river when the season opens again)

Tight Lines

Simon

P.S. Told you you'd catch a few up there Norm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stokesley.ac/
Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 20 March 2003 :  9:54:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

quote:
originally posted by Dave
I've now created 'Part 10'.... bet you didn't think that the thread would be this big Malc when you started it

Must admit it's great to see all the reports of both good days and bad and it's also a good record of the year gone by and some of the events that others have posted makes it a cracking read.

Well onto todays (20/03/03) trip....

Myself and Brian (aka Digger Barnes) payed a visit to Holly Farm

We fished the middle of the 3 pools known as Trotters as after my dire performance in last Saturdays open on there i felt i needed to get back in tune with the moods of the pool before the open there this coming weekend.

Well Brian sat on peg 29 and i sat on peg 28 both down the far end away from the car park with the wind off our backs.

Brian set up a straight lead to fish to the island and a pole line at around 8mtr.

Me i went for a feeder to the island and the pole at 13mtr.

First chuck with the lead for Brian and before he had chance to tighten up and he was into his first fish of the day.

Brian with his first cast Carp of about 2lb

As is normally the case when you get a fish first chuck things then went down hill for Brian and only 1 more Carp and a Rudd followed for Brian although the island did move closer to him on a few occasions.

As for my day well things started slow with no action for the first hour and then it got better with Carp from about 2lb upto 6lb, Tench, Rudd and the iceing on the cake for me the Bream pictured below weighing about 3½lb, it's the first bream i've caught from Holly and only the 3rd one i've seen from there in the 3 years i've fished there.

Me & my first Bream from Holly Farm

My biggest carp of the day around 6lb

All my fish except 1 of the smaller Carp came on the pole.

Hopefully i'll perform a bit better on Saturday in the open than i did last week.

But knowing the "JINX" only time will tell.

Also going back to Trotters on Tuesday as Scott is coming down from Stoke for a little session.

MALC IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Edited by - MALC on 23 March 2003 12:38:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

teepee
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 March 2003 :  11:44:24 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Well done Malc, & keep working on the smile

teepee.

teepee.
happy potting

Go to Top of Page

norm

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

i am sh1t but have some cracking gear

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  08:22:17 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list

teepee that is a propper carp anglers smile

don't take life to serious, have a bloody laugh
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

scott essery
'Silver man'

United Kingdom

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  09:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit scott essery's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add scott essery to your friends list

blimy Malc u misserable sod whats up

hes not normaly that bad Brian .... hope he hasnt put you off going fishing

Holly Farm IMO is one of the best kept secrets in the Midlands and a lovely venue. one i can recomend to anyone keen to try somehwere new as there are large hords of 8oz roach to hemp and a decent stamp of carp on Trotts with smaller pastie carp on Gills that love riddled meat and copped worm.

Theres even Bream which, u can see from Malcs chuffed fisog hes happy to catch

we'll let you know how we get on, on the 25th

silver man

Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  12:25:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

I'll have you all know it's taken me years to perfect the Carpers Smile.

I just hate my picture being taken.

Honestly though i was and still am very pleased at catching the Bream as like i said it's only the 3rd one i've seen come out of there.

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  9:42:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Dave (Red Leader) & myself were at Woodlands at Thirsk today,
this is the venue for ISC1 (Inter-Site-Challenge1)
this will be the shortest report ever,

here goes:- cant say owt

here's some pictures of Dave, who had a "Cracking" day,

Action Man

a nice common carp

and an even better mirror carp

and a nice Tench

Thats it report over,

teepee.

(just reducing photo sizes )

teepee.
happy potting

Edited by - Dave on 22 March 2003 5:59:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  9:52:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Cracking Pole I mean fish

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  9:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

Went up to Woodlands at Thirsk as I had to sort something out before the Intersite Challenge and met Teepee there as arranged plus some suprised members of the Total-Fishing Team who were having a sly practice - must say they needed it lol

Anyway it was mid-day by the time I got there due to work stopping an early play but the weather was good the sun was out and it looked promising.
After a bit of pre-match banter with the others (and there's still 2 weeks to go lol) we got down to the job in hand.
And down hill it went from there on for me.

First off as I pushed my pole-roller into the bank it snapped clean in half; a V without a /.
Not to panic and a quick trip to the onsite shop, parted with £23 and a new roller sat in its place.

Then more disaster - as I put together my brand new, never been used in action, never seen water before pole, the fourth section from the butt was broken - aargh !! Matters weren't helped by the laughing cavalier from Cumbria who is sick and has a sick sense of humour lol. My gawd he even threatened to phone everyone and tell them. Okay so he's a tight arf and was going to make just one call to Trogg and let him pass it around - and he fishes for the other side

What do you do? urgh! A phone call later and I've a replacement section to pick up in the morning. Luckily I had my old faithfull pole with me and out it came.

Not long after finally kicking off I was into a shoal of rudd, no specimens but welcome all the same, this was followed by a suprise golden tench and several more rudd with the odd roach added for good measure. The bait - bronze maggot

Golden Tench

Rudd

As it got later the second method and bait was to be bought into play and out came the sweetcorn fished litterally just off the bottom with a small cup of corn/maggot in at the same time.
Bingo a common carp of around 5lb was soon hooked. It didn't want to come in though but after a 10-15 minute fight it was in the net.

Twenty minutes later and another common a bit bigger this time was battling against me. The fight seemed to take for ever and ther reason why became evident as I got it into the net - it was hooked just above the pelvic fin

A little while later and another, this time a mirror of about 8lb, followed by a proper tench (a green one )

By now it was getting late and the sun had gone down so had the temperature. The total-fishing lot had been given a taste of what was to come and I must say they vacated the fishery before us so gawd help us them on the day lol

(pictures added)

Dave

Dave

Please Support Maggotdrowning.com

MaggotMail Email service for Anglers

The Maggotdrowning Clothing Shop

Edited by - Dave on 22 March 2003 5:41:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Geoff P
The grumpy one!!

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire

Enjoying retirement.

My Photo Album

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  10:32:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Geoff P to your friends list

Dave,

You look as cheerful as malc holding the fish.

for Gods sake smile man.

Geoff
Fishing Venues UK

Geoff

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  10:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

Would you be smiling after breaking a pole roller, a new pole and spending £23.00 lol ?

Dave

Dave

Please Support Maggotdrowning.com

MaggotMail Email service for Anglers

The Maggotdrowning Clothing Shop

Go to Top of Page

Geoff P
The grumpy one!!

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire

Enjoying retirement.

My Photo Album

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  10:49:20 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Geoff P to your friends list

Yes, but then I am not a Yorkshireman.

Geoff
Fishing Venues UK

Geoff

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2017 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.64 seconds.