The Maggotdrowners Forum - fishing on tv
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 The Club House
 fishing on tv
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Trogg
the ba'stard

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  12:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Trogg's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add Trogg to your friends list

How many of you would like to see fishing back on terrestrial tv?

This is a serious question so please give serious answers, there is a reason behind my asking but i ask you bear with me for a while untill i have enough answers etc.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

Edited by - Trogg on 26 January 2003 10:51:00 PM

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Dai Fish
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  12:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Dai Fish's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Dai Fish to your friends list

I am all for fishing on telly be it on satalite or terrestrial as long as the programe is well made

Dai Fish

Go to Top of Page

esox.20

England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  12:52:16 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add esox.20 to your friends list

me 3

chill out go fishing

Go to Top of Page

Dooby
' 007 '

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  01:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dooby's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dooby to your friends list

Me4

Go to Top of Page

Trogg
the ba'stard

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  01:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Trogg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Trogg to your friends list

cheers fellas, lets see how many others agree?

Alan

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

cavie

Bristol
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  01:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cavie's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cavie to your friends list

me 5.as long as its contains fish and water in it then I'll watch it,my misses reckons I'm a sad person!!.

cavieeeee

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  05:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

Me 6

as long as it's not Matt Ha ha ha.....can't even bring myself to say his name

Dave

Go to Top of Page

Stu.
Cant drink anymore

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  06:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stu.'s Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Stu. to your friends list

Aye

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***

Go to Top of Page

MALC
Life Member

Mid Glamorgan
Wales

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  07:01:29 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MALC to your friends list

Well me being me i'm different to all before me

READ ON

Personally other than "The Fishing Race" from the 70's,
"Out of Town" with Jack Hargreaves (giving my age away now)
and "A Passion For Angling" every other effort i've seen has been a waste of time.

I've got videos of fishing that i've only watched a few mins of and never bothered to look at again.

Can't pass comment on any that are on cable/satellite as done away with that about 5 years ago but the ones that were on then were poo and i doubt much has changed.

People will proberly say what about John Wilson but i never watched him as i can't stand the guy.

Personly i dont think anyone will get the format right for Fishing to be watchable on the TV (but it would be nice if they did).

MALC IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

ray
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  08:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ray's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add ray to your friends list

yup, i'm for more fishing on the telly whoever or whatever it is, even if the presenter is not up to the job ya can allways admire the scenary.

yibadee yibada folks

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

Go to Top of Page

martin.
Account Locked

England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  08:09:17 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add martin. to your friends list

i would

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing f**k football

Go to Top of Page

jonesr
Life Member

Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  08:24:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jonesr to your friends list

Trogg,count me in! As Malc say's these were the last programmes on terrestial t..v. I cant think of any others? Kids nowdays without Cable/Sky would'nt have seen any!And there are some around without.
With you all the way!

Some on now are out & out rubbish. But we still watch them!

Ron J

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Go to Top of Page

angler-mark
Life Member

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  08:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit angler-mark's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add angler-mark to your friends list

Yep! The more the better

Tight Lines

Mark

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Lid
Life Member

Hertfordshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  09:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lid's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Lid to your friends list

me too

Go to Top of Page

TINY
Tiny

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  12:13:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TINY to your friends list

All for it.Be nice to see some fishing in this country for a change though.

Go to Top of Page

AlanP
'EastAngler'

Suffolk
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  12:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit AlanP's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add AlanP to your friends list

Me as well (sorry I've losy count).

Trogg - Are you going to Produce, Direct and Star in your own show then if there is enough demand for it?

AlanP

Go to Top of Page

Chopper
Life Member

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  1:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chopper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Chopper to your friends list

Fishing is taken a lot more seriously in other European countries, in Croatia last yr the competition I fished had a 15 minute slot in the main tea time news, before the football and Wimbledon even got a mention.

If they can show bowling and darts and other really boring spectator sports then why not fishing?

Bring it back!!!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Trogg
the ba'stard

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  1:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Trogg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Trogg to your friends list

LOL

nah mate, although Liam Dale did ask Cheyenne (my eldest daughter) if she fancied being in one of his video's.

She wanted to as well (Liam gave her a photo of him with a massive marlin he'd caught while filming in the florida keys so she was happy to settle for that)

As i said there is a reason for the question but i ask you all bear with me for a bit longer.

Alan

Go to Top of Page

AndyA
Life Member

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndyA to your friends list

I caught a glimpse of Sky TV at my brothers last weekend, it was John Wilson fishing for Pike ... I was glued to the set,

I'd love to have a good fishing prog on Terrestial.

A big thumbs up from me

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

www.aa-computerrescue.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

TINY
Tiny

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  1:32:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TINY to your friends list

Whatever you are up to Alan,I wish you luck.
Andy

Go to Top of Page

Trogg
the ba'stard

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  1:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Trogg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Trogg to your friends list

me upto summat Andy? nah you know me mate i wouldn't get up to anything

Alan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.34 seconds.