The Maggotdrowners Forum - Where you fished today (Part 6)
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Where You Fished Today
 Where you fished today (Part 6)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

teepee
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 August 2002 :  9:57:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Club Match 11-8-02
venue-Spring Valley-Nathan Lake-pegs 1-20

Not knowing which lake we were fishing until we arrived at the fishery
sunday morning, it turned out we were on Nathans Lake which is the
older one of the 2 lakes,talking to a venue regular in the car park
(who was lets say a little economical with advice) asking for any
hints/tips as i had drawn peg 3, he said all the pegs were ok,and
regards bait etc he just about reeled every bait you can imagine apart
from pellet which is baned, one thing i did pick up on was that good
nets of Hide 20-30lb.often figure in match results on chopped worm,
Anyway geting to my peg (sorry no pictures forgot the camera)its about
12mts.to the island and nice bank of lillys to my right,i set up 3 rigs
one for down the middle 4ft.deep to fish chopped worm/caster another to
fish meat/corn to the right to the lillys, and another across to the
island to fish caster,
from the off in went 1 ball of g/bait plus chopped worm & caster on the
6mtr, swim. some meat & corn to the lillys. the far line was to be just
loose fed with caster, starting on the choppy within 10mins. had my
first bite and a Hide of 6oz. in the first hour i had a few Hide plus a
2lb carp, but had to keep potting in small ball of g/bait+worm to keep
the bites coming, i seemed to be doing ok apart from John who was on
the end peg No1, he seemed to be catching a bit faster than me and also
the odd better stamp of Hide to a pound, trying the meat to the lillys
for 15mins. and nothing so back to the worm swim and nice tench of 3lb.
a few more Hide and another tench of around 2lb, i kept trying the caster
across getting one fish a small roach bites were hard to come-by so
concentrated on the worm swim to the end of the match catching mainly
Hide odd roach and perch no more bonus fish,

At the weigh in,
1st.John casson.........21lb.4oz.
2nd.teepee..............18lb.10oz.
3rd.Pete Kemp...........15lb.11oz.
4th.Mick Duncombe.......13lb.3oz.
5th.Robert Sweet........8lb.3oz.
6th.Simon Jones.........5lb.11oz.

Regards the m/ders who wanted info if you decide to target the Hide
both the winner and myself found you had to feed regular potting in
small ball g/bait + worm every 15/20 mins. fishing worm or double
caster,note my 3 bonus fish were on worm tipped with red maggot.
i'm sure with a couple of practice sessions on the venue those
weights could be greatly increased, also a couple of pleasre
anglers tackling up after our match said to fish cat meat for the
bonus fish. (hope that helps).

teepee.

Go to Top of Page

Ziptrev
Roving Reporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 13 August 2002 :  12:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ziptrev's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Ziptrev to your friends list

Nice 1 mookie, nice 1 Tony,
BUT, NO CAMERA!

Like Donald forgetting his trousers!

Cheers
trev

ZiptrevShouldn't happen to a DOG!

Go to Top of Page

teepee
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 13 August 2002 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

LOL Trev, "Like Donald forgetting his trousers!"

But i seem to remember a picture of you with NO TROUSERS!

teepee.

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  9:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Sunday 18th
Well we all assembled in the car park at Framfield Fishery,which is a complex of 3 lakes set in the countryside just outside the town of Uckfield in Sussex.
Today we were to fish Spring lake,which is the main match lake,and is mostly stocked with carp(what a surprise)

Spring Lake.

Anyway it transpired that there had been a cock-up on the alarm clock front by the secretary.So there we were waiting for the Drawbag and scales to arrive.
Anyway after a short delay and a lot of ribbing on his arrival out came the draw bag.In goes the hand and out comes peg 43.
As i arrived at my peg one thing became glaringly obvious,I couldn't reach the island,which was about 20mtrs away,also in previous seasons this swim had a large bed of lilies to fish to on the right hand side.NOT ANY MORE!!!!!

Plumbing up i found 12 inches in the margins and only about 2˝feet at 13mtrs.For the margin swims i set up a dibber on my margin pole.These swims would not be touched until i could see the mud being disturbed by feeding fish.
On the 13 mtr line it was to be 2 simple rigs,both to fish banded pellet.1 just 18inches of line and a hook (size 14 PR22)and the other a Drennan carp2 float set at dead depth to target any fish that followed the constant stream of pellets down to the bottom.
I also set up a feeder rod,but this would only be a get out of jail option if things went horribly wrong.(more often than not at the moment)

Peg 43.

Anyway at the off and two good handfulls of hemp go into the margins on each side along with some corn to await developments.Out to 13mtrs and into a rhythm of 5-6 pellets every 30 secs.
Straight away the 2 pegs to my right were into fish as they could reach the island.
If that wasn't bad enough i had the beginnings of a headache that was to get worse as the match went on(No it wasn't due to drink )

After about an hour on the up in the water rig along came carp No1,

a pretty little ghost/common and things were starting to look up,a steady stream of small carp followed it to the net,and while not setting any records a worthwhile bag was building.
With an hour to go the headache had got so bad that i was forced to stop fishing and lay down (either that or fall off my box)

Come the weigh-in and it soon became apparent just how well the day had gone.Top weight caught by John Tyler was 136lbs,2nd was Michael Vincent with 124lbs 4ozs and 3rd was Mike Davis with 103lbs 2ozs.
My level 46lbs was only good enough for 11th.
In total 19 of us weighed in a total of 1041lbs 14ozs for an average weight of 54˝+lbs per man,Fantastic fishing by any standards.

Well roll on the next time,and here's to meeting a few of you at the Welsh Fish-in.

Peter.
Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

teepee
Life Member

South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:40:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teepee to your friends list

Hi Peter, good report and cracking venue&weights,

i get pegs that give me an headache

teepee.

Go to Top of Page

Beebs
Life Member

Berkshire
England

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  12:30:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beebs's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Beebs to your friends list

Ok, Nellbridge near Oxford was the scene for this delightful day out for a total Carp attack. Myself and my mate, Stu were after some quality fish. Stu has been trying as hard as is humanly possible, but has still yet to break the 20lb mark and I just wanted to catch some Carp. We got there about 7am and there was a beautiful thin rolling mist on top of the lake.

After a couple of hours of waiting, and a couple of missed bites, my left hand bite alarm went screaming off and I lifted into something fat and plodding. "Don't know about this." I said "It hasn't screamed off like I thought it would." "It's probably big then." Stu replied. 10 minutes of fighting and we finally get to see it, Stu - "That could be a 20!"
I can hear him quietly cursing me. We get it on the bank and weigh it - just under 21lb. "WHOOO HOOOO!" until we weighed the wet sling, which weighed about 1lb, leaving me 1-0 up with a Common a smidge under the 20lb mark, smashing my previous PB by 10lb (as you can see, I am smiling).
A few hours rolled by and Stu decides he's off hunting them off the top. Very wily carp are not having any of it for ages until this gave itslef up.
1-1.
I decide to have a go off the top and keep throwing it in the trees, after 1 too many snap offs, I quit and go back to ledgering. I hear a whistle and look over the ********'s got another one!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 to Stu, me micked off.
6.20pm I wander over and say "I'm gonna start packing up and leave at 7.30." Not expecting another fish, I sit down and sulk. For about 20 seconds, when my other bite alarm screams off and we're at it again. 10 minutes later, this is on the bank and I am bouncing. Just look at the rudder on it!!!!
That was the last fish of the day and we end up a 2-2 draw, which I was pleased about, cos we've only fished together 3 times and every time it's ended up stalemate.
Final tally - 4 fish, total weight (roughly) - about 70lb. My total weight - 38.5lb (that's the fish, not me!!). I am now exceptionally happy and totally hooked by fat plodding carp. Knowing just how much my mate wants to catch a 20 (been after one for about 12 years), I'm pleased that I didn't fluke one after only 3 months 'cos that would have wound him up a treat!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beebs
Life Member

Berkshire
England

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beebs's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Beebs to your friends list

Apologies for the quality of the photos on my last post, they were taken with a Nokia 7650 camera phone.

Go to Top of Page

Beebs
Life Member

Berkshire
England

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  12:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beebs's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Beebs to your friends list

quote:

Apologies for the quality of the photos on my last post, they were taken with a Nokia 7650 camera phone.

As an employee of Nokia Mobile Phones, i think I should add this disclaimer that I meant to say that the photos weren't as good quality as a dedicated digital camera.
I think that should just about cover my a**e.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Ziptrev
Roving Reporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 23 August 2002 :  1:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ziptrev's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Ziptrev to your friends list

Nice Fish and nice report Beebs!

You'll never make a Carp Angler though, unless you learn to look miserable in photo's.
Your smile says it all!

Well done mate and best wishes for many more of them.

Cheers

Trev

Go to Top of Page

mookie
mookie

Durham
England

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  8:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit mookie's Homepage  Click to see mookie's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add mookie to your friends list

Evening all !!!!!!!!

Date - 24th Aug
Venue - River Tees at Broken scar in Darlington night fishing 8pm till 4am...
Weather - Clear and quite cool 11c no wind !!!!
Fishing with fellow MD Norm from Birtley Tyne and Wear for part 2 of our fishing escapade.......

Well ..... as it rained for most of the day before l had to check it out and found no water in so was looking forward to a chub and barbel session....before the evening had set in l decided to go an check out the River Tees source at High Force up in the Pennines near Middleton in Teesdale.....marvellous to see a 70ft waterfall from my beloved River Tees....great start to the day..
Right my good friend Norm arrived at 7.15ish and had ordered the taxi for 8pm......but couldnt wait so ordered it for 7.30....got there and struggled with my gear to our selected peg....Why do we take everything but the kitchen sink l never know!!!!!!!!

Right as Norm had come light he was tackled up long before me and cast out disaster first cast his rod snapped while casting....nightmare !!!!! luckily for him he had bought another one with him....
I set up my gear complete with octoplus system < looks good > but takes ages to set up....
Cast out with 8lb ml to a 5lb hooklink with a hair rig baited with meat...couldnt believe it first chuck the tip wrapped round and hooked my first chub of the nite...
Just a small one about a pound an a half...but a good start to the nite....
By about 9.30pm the local bat community were causing a bit of trouble with flying into the line but we put up with it....
Norm starting getting bites but were drop backs and he managed to hit 2 one was a eel about pound an a half and a chublet the smallest l have seen caught from that section......so he was leading 2-1 at this stage...
We couldnt understand the fact, that l was getting lots of < rod the rest type bites> while Norm was getting dropbacks so it had us but l think it was because Norm was fishing straight across the river while l was fishing downstream...
Anyway by 12 midnite l had 5 chub in the net about 7lb of fish all on either meat or cheese...So the score was Me 5 Norm 2....

After midnite the bites were very hard to come by we tried everything so we had 2 bites in the 2 hrs after midnite so wasnt expecting much else.......
BUT BUT !!!!!! the tip twitched at 2.15am left it and wrapped round and then l thought OH S..T l just held on and this fish kept low an deep and went to the right to the left and dived deep we both thought < BARBEL>....it took me 10 mins to see the fish and yes it was a barbel...at this time l was and good ol Norm was waiting paitently with the net < his net > yes l did take mine this time lol lol......
We had a bit of bother netting it as the fish kept making runs but eventually we netted him or her !!!!! weighed it at 6lb 4oz slightly smaller than my first ever a few weeks back but it was worth a from myself an Norm.....brillant end to the nite and l think Norm enjoyed it apart from the mishap with the rod......

So it ended up Me 6 fish for 13lb and Norm had 2 fish for 2lb.....so it has made it 1-1 and maybe next time Norm mate it will be your turn for a whisker !!!!!! thanks for the great chat and company....

Hope you made it back ok !!!!!

Cheers lads .....

Keep the faith GO MAGGOTDROWNING the best on the web....

Founder of the B.L.C.F.L Campaign Ban license cheats for life !!!!! also a member of the clean banks campaign....

yet again with a Tees barbel heres to many more !!!!!!

MOOK........

Go to Top of Page

norm

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  9:04:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list

mookie

spot on post mate

you may have beat me but i rearly enjoyed reading the post

well done mate it was a great night i loved every minute of it

i dont care if you were the only one to catch all night i loved every minute
and will be joining you in the near future

see ya mate
norm

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  12:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Sat 24th-Sun 25th.

Arrived at Hazel Court ponds at about 6.30am after a nice leisurly trip down from London,to be greeted by various stumbling figures emerging from the collection of bivvies and tents that was base camp for this latest M/D's Fish-in.

The fishery is comprised of 4 ponds that are fishable and a stock pond and various hatchery pools that are dotted around the complex.

After greeting and introductions were completed,7am signaled the start of fishing for the day and everyone elected to fish the bottom pond.

The weather was absolutly glorious,though a steadily freshening breeze,was to make presentation awkward for some as the day wore on.

Now as is the style at these gatherings,the social side of things tends to get in the way of the fishing,as everybody catches up with the gossip,and more walking gets done as everyone circulates and stops for various chats.
Having set up a waggler and a feeder I soon established that there were more than a few small rudd present.A slight understatement as every pool on the complex appears to be heaving with them.

Unfortunately at this point Gray (catchpole) had a coversation with the owners son,the end result of which was that Gray and his two companions packed up and left the fishery.Hardly the expected start to the weekend.
I don't feel it's my place to comment on this,but i'm sure that if Gray wishes to expand on it,he will.

Geoff arrived for a chat and we walked up to the "match" lake,stopping off at the stock pond to admire several large Koi that were in residence.(2 of which were 10lbs+ with another not far behind)
On arrival at the match lake we were confronted by the site of a tent with a flag of a little red lizard flying over it!!!!!
Sitting there on the bankside on a small scale model of a North Sea oilrig,surrounded by enough kit to open a tackle shop was Ray Owen.
Now Ray after 30 years of fishing matches,has this year decided to give it a rest and try "Pleasure" fishing,but is still having a little difficulty adjusting to the pace of this form of the noble art,but after this weekend i'm sure he'll get there.
After a short chat Ray decided to move down and join the rest of us,and with the help of a small team of sherpas (Me & Dave)duly moved.
Through out the day,some nice carp,mostly Ghosts and Mirrors were caught.
Around about midday Dave caught a ghostie with a deformed face that Stu christened "The Parrot".A couple of hours later i was into a carp and Stu wandered round and did the honours with the landing net,and there in the folds was "The Parrot"!!!!!!!Don't they feed these fish??????????

As the day wore on Stu decided to break out his "Noddy"kit(his words,not mine) and get into a serious bit of Rudd bashing with his lad Daniel.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Now some might be tempted to say that Stu using a pole resembles a Garden Gnome (Trogg),but as he is considerably larger than me,I wouldn't dream of it.

As the afternoon wore on,more and more anglers arrived and to be honest the fishery is probably too small to handle the amount of pressure placed on it by these numbers.

All day long Dai and his son Daniel (Yes,same name as Stu's son) had been fishing to a lily bed as had Geoff.
Now Dai's lad has definatly got "The Bug" following his recent exploits with carp,and as the afternoon wore on he was into a carp that was intent on getting back into the pads.........

But with Dai offering moral support and Ray in attendance to perform the ghillies duties,there was ample reward in the end with this fine fish..........a new PB for Daniel at just under 8lbs.....

I think the smile says it all,and he did it again later on,with another larger fish!!!!!!!!!! 2 PB's in an afternoon.Well done Daniel.At least i think that's what Dai said,but my welsh is a little shaky

Geoff meanwhile soldiered stoicly on,despite having one of those days,where more fish performed Houdini impressions than he would have liked.

As the day ran towards it's end,i had moved over to the next pool to escape the constant wind in my face,and after casting a small feeder towards the central island,the tip wrapped around and i was rewarded with a nice tench of about 3lb (but not one of the golden one's i'm afraid,sorry Trev.)

As everyone packed away for the night (No nightfishing allowed i'm afraid,)i decided to try out one of the Hotcan ready meals that i had won in the Elvington raffle.What can i say,following the instructions and piercing 3 holes as instructed,a mini nuclear reaction appears to take place,resulting in one very hot can with steam pouring out of the top.12 minutes later and a piping hot meal is ready.This one was a vegetable curry and very nice it was too.

After dinner some of us visited the local hostelry,and were treated to a couple of pints by Dave , courtesy of a Lottery Win.
A brief chat on returning,by the moonlit ponds,as the bats flew above our heads,before retiring ready for the next day ahead.

6.30am and Cliff (the owner) has appeared for a chat with the gang as we assemble for the 7am start.It promises to be another breezy day,although it is coming from the opposite direction!
Dai is on his own as his lad has gone on a rock climbing course,and he is joined in the next swim by Ray who is determined to get to grips with his first foray into the world of knotless Knots and hair rigs,but still seems a little shocked by the size of gaff (size 16 actualy Ray)that makes up his rig!

Dave has set up on the opposite bank to launch his customary 2 method rods towards the central island.Stu and Daniel are in Dai's swim from the previous day.I have returned to the swim that i finished in yesterday.Geoff meanwhile has settled into a swim on the next pond along.It has a large patch of lilies to fish to and the far bank appears to be solid rushes.Supposedly it holds a large head of ghost carp and almost certainly an even larger number of rudd!

I start on the waggler with a single grain of corn and slowly but surely the swim starts to come to life,but it is only the rudd worrying the bait,however by keeping the corn going in a number of better examples around the 8oz mark come to hand.

In general though,things are slow.Poor Ray has a close encounter with a Coot that managed to get tangled in his line,and puts up a spirited resistance before i manage to net it for him.In the net it manages to disentangle itself,and manages to swim off with nothing more than it's feathers ruffled.

I strike into another rudd bite only to find that it isn't,and after a brief but spirited fight,i'm rewarded with an immaculate mirror carp of about 6lbs.

Geoff meanwhile has been wading through the small rudd in pursuit of the ghosties that inhabit the pond he's fishing.Dave's had a couple of carp while Stu and Daniel are having great fun with the pole in pursuit of the rudd.
All of a sudden Dai's margin rod is away,and after a brief struggle I do the honours with the net and Dai is rewarded with this nice chunky mirror carp.........

My swim seems to have died as more anglers arrive in the swims that were previously vacant,and with 180 miles of the M4 to negotiate before i get home,it's time to pack the kit away.

Soon it's time for farewells and thanks.Walking round to Dave as he hooks into another ghostie,the fish manages to run through Dave's other line and the resultant tangle,acts as Dave's cue to finish up and get ready to head home.
Stu And Daniel are still slaying the rudd on his "noddy" tackle.
(Bet you're glad you didn't sell it now Stu)
Dai is still soldiering on while waiting for the family to arrive,Geoff has come over for a chat and a break from the rudd and Ray has loaded the mountain of kit away,while trying to get his head round this whole new approach to fishing that is so foriegn to him.

Thanks a lot lads it's been a great weekend,We must do it again

Peter.

Edited by - peter on 26 August 2002 02:52:27 AM

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Gray Catchpole

Gwent
Wales

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  02:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gray Catchpole's Homepage  Click to see Gray Catchpole's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Gray Catchpole to your friends list

It looks like you all had a great weekend, and it was great to meet you all, before our early eviction i managed to take a few pics, no fish though, just a bit of early morning stuff, i hope you like it, and i must say a big thank you all that turned up, sorry i couldnt stay for the whole weekend. enjoy the pics

saturday morning......just before the eviction

i really dont want to spout on about what happened, but i have never been asked to leave a water before, and never came away from a day out thinking i will never fish again, but cliff who normally is a really nice bloke, and his son left me feeling this way, thanks to all the maggot boys comming to our defence, i hope i can see you all again soon.

Gray

Go to Top of Page

Ziptrev
Roving Reporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  11:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ziptrev's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Ziptrev to your friends list

Peter,
Great report, but I'd be lying if I said it made up for missing it!
AND You can't have my job!
Dave knows no-one comes as cheap as me

Thanks for your efforts,

Trev

Go to Top of Page

Ziptrev
Roving Reporter

United Kingdom

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  11:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ziptrev's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Ziptrev to your friends list

Just backtracked and found Ians Post!

Nice one mookie (Secret bait?
and fancy breaking your rod norm
Too many muscles ?

Cheers lads

Trev
PS see you 15th norm

Go to Top of Page

norm

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  12:53:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list

trev belive it or not
i could not get a bite on anything but muscles
and got my both fish on them

the rod just snapped like a carrot

see ya later
norm

WHO`S PEG CAN I CAST INTO?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

mookie
mookie

Durham
England

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  2:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit mookie's Homepage  Click to see mookie's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add mookie to your friends list

Great post Pete seems like it was a good weekend , shame bout Grays escapade .......
Looking forward to the next fishin up this neck of the woods, and hope to meet more crazy mds.....

Cheers Norm for the compliments, be good to have another bash there before the dreaded winter grabs ye fingers and toes....

I am off to the scar again this coming Friday, hell this place is becoming addictive.....must be the whiskers that inhabit the depths..

Cheers all

MOOK

Go to Top of Page

mookie
mookie

Durham
England

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  3:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit mookie's Homepage  Click to see mookie's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add mookie to your friends list

Forgot to say Norm had a camera so with any luck my mug will be posted with that 6lb 4oz whisker.....

Cheers

MOOK.......

Go to Top of Page

Peter
'Mugger'

South Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  5:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Peter to your friends list

Thanks Mook,
Well done with the Barbel,your becoming quite the little specimen hunter

Norm,you've definatly been putting to much Mussel into it!!!!

Trev,The Job's all yours mate,i've worn out my fingers!

Peter.

Go to Top of Page

Dave
Red Leader

West Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 26 August 2002 :  9:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dave's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Dave to your friends list

Hi everyone,

Just like to say that I had a cracking weekend in Wales, The fishing was good, the hospitality that we were given by our Welsh Division was excellent and the craic was as expected and something that has become the norm in these fish-ins.

I've put my report in the main site as it is rather picture heavy, Click Here.

Certainly it'll be a weekend I won't forget in a long while (and that's not because I bought a few rounds in the pub lol)

Dave

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login © Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.2 seconds.