The Maggotdrowners Forum - if you had the power
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 The Club House
 if you had the power
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Maesknoll
Chris

Site Supporter

Somerset

Too much work, not enough fishing!!

My Photo Album

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  10:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maesknoll's Homepage  Click to see Maesknoll's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Maesknoll to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Astral Floater

Remove VAT from alcohol sold at pubs, add VAT and tax to alcohol sold at supermarkets - save the pubs and stop pleb binge drinkers.

I despair at the demise of the pub, the ones that are left are turning into either restaurants or creches.

Blog: http://maesknollmatchangling.blogspot.com/

If you're not living life on the edge.... you're taking up too much space!!
Go to Top of Page

codenamemilo
Life Member

Staffordshire

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  10:40:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codenamemilo to your friends list

Imagine all the people currently earning 250k plus could not earn it any more. Do you really think they would stay in the country? All you will do is kill of all the leadership and business winning talent in the country. Do you not think many of the people who create businesses employing low to middle pay workers earn more than 250? drive those away and you drive all of the job creation away with it.

Go to Top of Page

Dannysdad
Guv

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  10:42:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dannysdad to your friends list

To make gaols safe for Staff

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  10:45:36 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

[quote]Originally posted by jduck1979

Reduce the amount of tax on Petrol & Diesel from 60% of the total price to 49% of the total price.

Reduce the amount of tax on Booze & Fags by 10p... as already so high, reports from last year were saying the government were losing 28.5billion tax from Booze, Fags & Vehicle fuel via the Blackmarket over the last 5yrs.
http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/ho...l-years.html
http://www.thecommentator.com/artic..._and_alcohol

Raise threshold people have to pay income tax to 12,000 & introduce a flat rate of 30% income tax on money earned over that.

Streamline the number of different categories for vehicle road tax, with 0 vehicles like the Toyota Pious (Prius) + current 35 a year vehicles (e.g. Ford Fiesta 2002-2008 Turbo Diesel) bundled together at a starting rate of 50 a year & capping off at a maximum of 200 a year.

Eliminate home fuel poverty by binning the sham green taxes introduced by Ed Milliband when Labour were last in charge... then continued by speeding points dodger extraordinaire Chris Huhne + the Potato faced nobody (Ed Davey) who replaced him.
[/quote

a flat rate 30 % income tax on anything over 12 grand so your telling me your going to hit young familys and working familys who are struggling in say 15/20 k a year hard and give people earning 50/60/70 k and more a tax break.........some great ideas on here but this is the worst yet!!

Edited by - Pontius Pilate on 01 October 2013 10:46:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

nrayner
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
England

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  10:47:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nrayner to your friends list

Support and restore dictatorships in Middle Eastern Countries
Give the police extra powers to persecute BMW and Audi drivers
Give public service contracts automatically to cost efficient, non profit making, public sector organisations
Overhaul the tax and benefits system that rewards the proliferation of families with two parents, helpingh reducing pressure on housing demand and overdevelopment of what's left of the countryside
Provide incentives to people who share residential accommodation,,same goals as above
Adopt policies to aid a gradual move towards a much lower British population and remove the awful "rats in a cage syndrome" pressure that is currently building year on year

Go to Top of Page

grey
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 01 October 2013 :  11:36:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grey to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

If you could could change one thing in like your own mini budget what would you do???ie like id chance the 40 % tax limit to at least 40 k so with your tax free allowance you would have to earn over 50 k to hit 40 % tax what would you do?

Whilst singing 'When I Rule the World', Harry Secombe broke off and said to the audience: "If I really ruled the world, I'd collect all the money and divide it equally between everyone."

The audience clapped appreciatively and Harry sang another verse or two; he then broke off a second time and said "...and when I'd spent my bit, I'd do it all over again!"

Edited by - grey on 01 October 2013 11:36:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yorkieboy70
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  12:06:55 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yorkieboy70 to your friends list

quote :

[quote]Originally posted by jduck1979

Reduce the amount of tax on Petrol & Diesel from 60% of the total price to 49% of the total price.

Reduce the amount of tax on Booze & Fags by 10p... as already so high, reports from last year were saying the government were losing 28.5billion tax from Booze, Fags & Vehicle fuel via the Blackmarket over the last 5yrs.
http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/ho...l-years.html
http://www.thecommentator.com/artic..._and_alcohol

Raise threshold people have to pay income tax to 12,000 & introduce a flat rate of 30% income tax on money earned over that.

Streamline the number of different categories for vehicle road tax, with 0 vehicles like the Toyota Pious (Prius) + current 35 a year vehicles (e.g. Ford Fiesta 2002-2008 Turbo Diesel) bundled together at a starting rate of 50 a year & capping off at a maximum of 200 a year.

Eliminate home fuel poverty by binning the sham green taxes introduced by Ed Milliband when Labour were last in charge... then continued by speeding points dodger extraordinaire Chris Huhne + the Potato faced nobody (Ed Davey) who replaced him.
[/quote

a flat rate 30 % income tax on anything over 12 grand so your telling me your going to hit young familys and working familys who are struggling in say 15/20 k a year hard and give people earning 50/60/70 k and more a tax break.........some great ideas on here but this is the worst yet!!

Don't forget that some people in the lower end of this bracket were asked about what benefits they got when they applied for mortgages and have now had child benefit stopped, some may have had two or three kids and had a little from the government, yet anyone unemployed can keep having 4, 5, 6 etc kids and still get more. I still pay 50 into both my kids ISA (from my own pocket) which reduces my income by 40 a month and yes we do struggle, I will complete what the government set out to do, no holidays abroad, no school trips abroad, no university fees paid, my kids will not owe the government a penny. Will I be thanked I very much doubt it but I know my kids will know the value of money and will not bank on anything from this country as it could be taken from them at any time

YB

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  12:42:11 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by grey

[quote]Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

If you could could change one thing in like your own mini budget what would you do???ie like id chance the 40 % tax limit to at least 40 k so with your tax free allowance you would have to earn over 50 k to hit 40 % tax what would you do?

Whilst singing 'When I Rule the World', Harry Secombe broke off and said to the audience: "If I really ruled the world, I'd collect all the money and divide it equally between everyone."

The audience clapped appreciatively and Harry sang another verse or two; he then broke off a second time and said "...and when I'd spent my bit, I'd do it all over again!"
[/quote

i know im not quick but im completely lost

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

jduck1979
John D

North Yorkshire
England

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  04:03:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jduck1979's Homepage  Send jduck1979 an AOL message  Send jduck1979 an ICQ Message  Send jduck1979 a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add jduck1979 to your friends list

quote :

The first 12,000 would be free from tax... anything over that say 12,001 would only have tax payable on the 1 that put it over = 30p
So someone on 15,000 would get 12,000 free from tax, and the remaining 3,000 would have about 900 income tax due on it.... this always seems to catch out lefties whenever someone brings up the subject of Flat Taxes.
30%'s a bargain.... think the UKIP lot were saying they wanted to bring in a similar idea if they ever get in but with a 35% flat tax (and anything under a certain amount tax free, and only pay income tax on the money earned after that)..... and it cuts down on people earning lots of money trying to skive out of it by paying fancy accountants 'cos it's cheaper just to pay what they owe.

Something out last year said introducing such a flat tax @ 30% would make an average 2-earner household 3,400 better off.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...economy.html

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  04:23:26 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by jduck1979

quote :

The first 12,000 would be free from tax... anything over that say 12,001 would only have tax payable on the 1 that put it over = 30p
So someone on 15,000 would get 12,000 free from tax, and the remaining 3,000 would have about 900 income tax due on it.... this always seems to catch out lefties whenever someone brings up the subject of Flat Taxes.
30%'s a bargain.... think the UKIP lot were saying they wanted to bring in a similar idea if they ever get in but with a 35% flat tax (and anything under a certain amount tax free, and only pay income tax on the money earned after that)..... and it cuts down on people earning lots of money trying to skive out of it by paying fancy accountants 'cos it's cheaper just to pay what they owe.

Something out last year said introducing such a flat tax @ 30% would make an average 2-earner household 3,400 better off.

i just cant see it you are hammering working class familys earning between 12 and 32 thousand with a woping tax increase taking lots more money off people that need it and ie footballers or bankers who are paid fortunes you are filling there pockets with thousands more it makes no sense at all.........i dont read the mail they are a bunch of muppets

Edited by - Pontius Pilate on 02 October 2013 04:24:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

jduck1979
John D

North Yorkshire
England

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  06:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jduck1979's Homepage  Send jduck1979 an AOL message  Send jduck1979 an ICQ Message  Send jduck1979 a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add jduck1979 to your friends list

quote :

quote :
Originally posted by jduck1979

quote :

i just cant see it you are hammering working class familys earning between 12 and 32 thousand with a woping tax increase taking lots more money off people that need it and ie footballers or bankers who are paid fortunes you are filling there pockets with thousands more it makes no sense at all.........i dont read the mail they are a bunch of muppets

Not technically.... currently (or due to be soon) it's about 10,000 before people start having pay income tax, this would allow them to earn another 2,000 before they have to pay income tax.
Min. wage = 6 an hour(ish), 6 x 40hrs a week = 240 x 52 weeks in a a year = 12,480
With that flat tax idea idea they'd get an extra 2,000 free of tax, and only pay income tax on the 480 = 144

+ people like Tony Blair who earn 12million a year but use expensive accountants to find enough tax loopholes to end up only paying 315,000 tax on it wouldn't be able to wriggle out of it like that and have to cough-up 3,600,000 in tax whether they liked it or not.

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  07:15:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

You can come up with fig but the fact is i earned about 46 k last year....the first 10 was tax free the next 33 is 20 % and the rest is 40 % and there is alot on around my pay with familys and you would sting us for 3 grand more tax so i say again your hammering low to middle class earners

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

breambreambream
Life Member

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  07:57:12 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breambreambream to your friends list

Putting up the price of alcohol in supermarkets would only mean kids would go without food.
The number of women now drinking wine at home during the day when they should be cooking and cleaning is half the problem with society - my sister and her mates do it all the time !!.
Brother in law gets home after a hard days work to a half drunk missus and the kids are left playing x-box with beans on toast?? instead of doing homework and having a good meal.
Husband gets hacked off and goes to the pub .. sister keeps drinking as an excuse and kids suffer.
Would ban all women from buying alcohol.
Putting up the price would only mean the kids would eat toast ?.

quote :

quote :
Originally posted by Astral Floater

Remove VAT from alcohol sold at pubs, add VAT and tax to alcohol sold at supermarkets - save the pubs and stop pleb binge drinkers.

i like a few beers at home why should i pay extra im doing no one any harm??

Go to Top of Page

breambreambream
Life Member

Gt. London
United Kingdom

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  08:04:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add breambreambream to your friends list

I would bring in a tax that penalizes people who live in govt supported housing that have more bedrooms than they need.
Make students pay for their education.
Make public bodies more accountable for their budgets.
Make folks that have been out of work more than 2 days do work for the community.
Leave the tax system as it is.

Go to Top of Page

grey
Life Member

Leicestershire

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  10:22:41 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grey to your friends list

quote :

quote :
Originally posted by grey

[quote]Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

[/quote

i know im not quick but im completely lost

Really?!

Go to Top of Page

jduck1979
John D

North Yorkshire
England

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  4:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jduck1979's Homepage  Send jduck1979 an AOL message  Send jduck1979 an ICQ Message  Send jduck1979 a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add jduck1979 to your friends list

quote :

You can come up with fig but the fact is i earned about 46 k last year....the first 10 was tax free the next 33 is 20 % and the rest is 40 % and there is alot on around my pay with familys and you would sting us for 3 grand more tax so i say again your hammering low to middle class earners

So you'd rather have someone on 12,480 a year minimum wage pay 496 in income tax @ 20% on the 2,480 they earn after the current 10,000 income tax threshold than have them pay 144 in income tax @ 30% on the 480 earned over a 12,000 income tax threshold?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  4:28:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

Yes they would be better off at first but say they did loads of overtime to better there wage they would end up paying far more tax than they are now id would give people no incentive to inprove there wage this is def a non starter

Go to Top of Page

rodring
Life Member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  4:34:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rodring to your friends list

I'd ban Mancs from tinternet

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum...?FileID=5443
Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
mufc ok

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  4:50:48 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by rodring

I'd ban Mancs from tinternet

Nastyyyyyy

Go to Top of Page

grannyspodder
Life Member

Site Supporter

Warwickshire

Posted - 02 October 2013 :  5:29:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grannyspodder to your friends list

" I still pay 50 into both my kids ISA (from my own pocket) which reduces my income by 40 a month "

Errm am I missing something here?

standing on the peg behind you
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.28 seconds.