The Maggotdrowners Forum - There's some real idiots out there
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 The Corner Peg
 There's some real idiots out there
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rodring
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  5:18:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rodring to your friends list

Just saw an add for a dogs trust which rescues abandoned dogs they say if you sponsor one of these dogs it will write to you and send photographs of its progress, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ABANDON A DOG THAT CAN WRITE AND IS A SKILLED PHOTOGRAPHER?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

old rod
Life Member

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  5:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit old rod's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add old rod to your friends list

I had a handy dog once if you kicked it in the nuts it would make a bolt for the door.......boom boom!

Go to Top of Page

delk
Life Member

Gwent

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:10:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add delk to your friends list

maybe theres two for you already

Go to Top of Page

codenamemilo
Life Member

Staffordshire

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:24:49 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codenamemilo to your friends list

Animal charities irritate me. Rspca.. Fair enough. Why we give to charties that recsue rodents and god knows what else when there's people still dying of a myriad uncured diseases, sleeping rough, being abused etc is beyond me.

Go to Top of Page

bryan white
Life Member

Surrey

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:38:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bryan white to your friends list

The a.c.a (angling trust) fall in that category..

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Maesknoll
Chris

Somerset

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maesknoll's Homepage  Click to see Maesknoll's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Maesknoll to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by codenamemilo

Animal charities irritate me. Rspca.. Fair enough. Why we give to charties that recsue rodents and god knows what else when there's people still dying of a myriad uncured diseases, sleeping rough, being abused etc is beyond me.

RSPCA is one that I'd avoid like the plague. I know several dog breeders who stipulate that should the new owners of a puppy be unable to keep it, it should be returned to the breeder for rehoming. On sevral occasions dogs have ended up with the RSPCA and they won't return them to the breeder.

There are a fair few of their employees and supporters who are anti-angling and I know of other instances where they have caused well looked after dogs to be removed and the owners taken to court.

I'd be far more inclined to support PDSA or smaller animal charities.

Edited by - Maesknoll on 16 August 2012 6:39:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid
Calamity Lin

Bedfordshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Mermaid to your friends list

Cracking post!...made me chuckle

Go to Top of Page

pieman
Life Member

Yorkshire

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  6:40:25 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pieman to your friends list

RSPCA?? no time for them.

Go to Top of Page

totality14
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  7:07:26 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add totality14 to your friends list

we found a dog wandering around our garden. grieves bull mastif type dog. rang the RSPCA they asked is it in any danger or severely injured. no I said. sorry can't help you'll have to ring the dog warden. which I did 40 mins later got a call from them someone in the area had reported it missing could they pass on my number. 30 mins later dog was back with it's owner. next day got home from work and found a thankyou card and bottle of wine at the back door. so RSPCA useless!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement..

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Halfbean
Account Locked

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  7:10:50 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Halfbean to your friends list

the fact I really hate is that the RSPCA keep killing dogs and cats with the money we give them, I dn't give them money anymore don't like having the blood on my hands

Go to Top of Page

jcbenson
Account Locked

Wiltshire

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  7:45:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcbenson to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by delk

Go to Top of Page

rodring
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 16 August 2012 :  8:04:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rodring to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by jcbenson

quote :
Originally posted by delk

WOT?

Go to Top of Page

hydro79
uncle fester

Hertfordshire

Posted - 18 August 2012 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit hydro79's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hydro79 to your friends list

the biggest problem with the RSPCA in my eyes is the MD or whatever job title he has is on over 100,000 pa and the only income that it gets is from donations !!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

richard83
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 August 2012 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add richard83 to your friends list

quote :
Originally posted by rodring

Just saw an add for a dogs trust which rescues abandoned dogs they say if you sponsor one of these dogs it will write to you and send photographs of its progress, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD ABANDON A DOG THAT CAN WRITE AND IS A SKILLED PHOTOGRAPHER?

they're IT literate too, i used to get emails from 'Fonzi' my sponsored dog, must have bettered himself and moved on to bigger things, don't hear from him anymore.

Go to Top of Page

cragster69

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 August 2012 :  8:55:05 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cragster69 to your friends list

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...o-developers

Go to Top of Page

scream3r
Life Member

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 18 August 2012 :  9:21:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scream3r to your friends list

Cragster that just makes my blood boil,never again will i give to the RSPCA

Go to Top of Page

fishing jazzman
Life Member

Posted - 19 August 2012 :  5:25:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fishing jazzman to your friends list

The RSPCA are up to the job OK if there's a TV crew with them - there not interested otherwise.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement...

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

bigfella
Life Member

East Yorkshire
England

Posted - 19 August 2012 :  7:59:05 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bigfella to your friends list

An acquaintance of ours gave up a VERY well paid job with the RSPCA because they would'nt prosecute a well known personality, that HE reported.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2020 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.12 seconds.