The Maggotdrowners Forum - Malvern
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Old Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | Online Store
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

** THE MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM HAS MOVED **

To go to the New Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

Important - If this is your first time logging into the new Forums you will need to reset your Password
as your previous password will not work - Click to Reset Password

If you have any problems logging in or resetting your password, please contact us with your Username and Email Address using this link Contact Us and we will get you back in as soon as possible. Alternatively email HELP@maggotdrowning.com with your name and username

The Maggotdrowners Forums have moved however the content of the old forum can stll be viewed even though no further replies can be added. All this content (and more) can be found by going to our new forums. To go to the New Maggotdrowning.com Forums please click this link: THE NEW MAGGOTDROWNERS FORUM

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 Malvern
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teeceeee

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  6:17:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add teeceeee to your friends list

Just recently moved here from Derby where I grew up and was quite honestly spoiled by the quality of fishing on my doorstep - Whether i fancied Canal, River, Lake or Pond - even a bit of fluff flinging for Trout...

Anyway, my lads are now old enough to want to give it a go and we've tried Leigh Sinton ( 10 mins walk and we're on the banks ), Castle Farm and Golden Valley...

Leigh Sintons been ok, especially the top lake ( Bluebell ? )...

Castle Farm is just a muddy hole in the ground, so very typical of a carp puddle that i don't really like!

Golden Valley has been our favourite so far - Roach and Rudd to 12-14oz all day long - But sadly, as it's free you do have to put up with a load of plonkers there too.

Hoping to try Alan's lakes soon, but not been yet...

thanks for any advice in advance!

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Advertisement.

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

phat elvis
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  7:51:38 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phat elvis to your friends list

when you say alans lakes do you mean brockamin?? if so great venue massive carp and perch along with your usual species. there are some cracking venues around these parts such as woodland view, cob house, hawford bridge (highly recommend), moorelands farm, the jam factory, evesbatch, fishponds colwall (another cracking venue), there are also a few clubs around im on the commity of malvern united angling association check them out online WWW.MUAA.CO.UK. 25 a year adults and we are thinking of making juniors free but as it stands its a fiver. we got to waters a stretch of the severn and a beautiful natural pool in mathon. all in all its a friendly club with a great card for this year with some great venues outtings on it.

Go to Top of Page

Big Gaz

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  8:25:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big Gaz to your friends list

Give Fish Ponds a go, its over on the west side of Malvern in an area known as Colwall.

5 per ticket, breakfast available and running tea and coffee all day.

Its a mixed venue with carp, bream, roach, tench, orfe, ide, grass carp all sorts and a bite a chuck.

Mark is the guys name.

http://www.thefishponds.co.uk/

07716 585577

Canals - you have Worcester & Birmingham, Staffs and Worcester, Droitwich and the Gloucester close by.

Rivers - you have the Severn, Teme, Avon, Wye to name the bigger ones. Arrow, Stour, Mill Avon, Salwarpe to name some of the smaller ones.

Ponds - you have lots of day ticket venues and lots of club waters.

Clubs in Malvern area - Malvern, Hanley Swan, Barnards Green to name a few. Worcester there are quite a few more.

Best have a chat with Dave or Chris at Alans and they will put you right on venues, clubs and bait.

Go to Top of Page

phat elvis
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  8:49:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phat elvis to your friends list

spot on gaz. been fishing fishponds quit alot recently in a couple of winter leauge club matches winning 1 with 17lb of ide tench and carp on a really cold hard day but have pleasure fished it to and love the place mark is always happy to put you on to the fish and will happily bring you a bacon butty to your peg

Go to Top of Page

teeceeee

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  9:12:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add teeceeee to your friends list

Nice one guys, thanks a lot for that info...

Yeah, i do believe Alans tackle shop waters are at Brockamin - but not been yet so not sure!

Kid's are a bit to young to be fishing rivers yet, but omg - do i ever miss trotting a stick float down the trent!! no better form of fishing for me!

Presume fishponds would be fishable with a 6m whip for the kids? thats what they find easiest to use with least tangles! and if i set it up fishing to hand they don't even have to break it down... makes life so much easier!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

phat elvis
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2012 :  10:04:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add phat elvis to your friends list

yes mate no worries about that

Go to Top of Page

Big Gaz

Hereford & Worcester
United Kingdom

Posted - 14 April 2012 :  8:34:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big Gaz to your friends list

Mark is fully house trained and officially qualified as a coach. I understand he takes youngsters fishing from the locals schools in the holidays and he can provide tackle to anyone that wants a go.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2018 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.14 seconds.