The Maggotdrowners Forum - tri-cast finesse
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 tri-cast finesse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

muss54

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 September 2009 :  4:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit muss54's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add muss54 to your friends list  Quote this Post
anyone thinking of buying a new pole,should seriously consider the
tri-cast "finesse".i am a pole angler since 1978,and in my opinion this pole has everything.strength.balance,a great spares list,the whole package.Mine has been in constant use for 6 months and i cannot fault it,a really excellent all round pole

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

fosters

Lancashire
England

Posted - 07 September 2009 :  6:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit fosters's Homepage  Click to see fosters's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add fosters to your friends list  Quote this Post
hi muss 54 what the finesse like with the power kit fitted,what the balance like

Go to Top of Page

shallowman
Life Member

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 September 2009 :  8:55:28 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shallowman to your friends list  Quote this Post
Tricast Aristocrat is even better

Mosella uk.
Go to Top of Page

fosters

Lancashire
England

Posted - 10 September 2009 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit fosters's Homepage  Click to see fosters's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add fosters to your friends list  Quote this Post
thanks for that shallowman

Go to Top of Page

HapperDapper
Life Member

Posted - 10 September 2009 :  8:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit HapperDapper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add HapperDapper to your friends list  Quote this Post
How does the Aristocrat compare with a tournament pro or garbolino super G10 for stiffness? does anybody know?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

shallowman
Life Member

Site Supporter

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 September 2009 :  9:02:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shallowman to your friends list  Quote this Post
Not quite as stiff as a G10 - the pole I use - but still stiff , light and bloody strong , also , the finish is superb , it slides through the hand.

Lets just say I am seriously thinking of changing from Garbo G10 to the Tricast Aristocrat - and I do a lot of silver fishing in the winter !

Mosella uk.
Go to Top of Page

Smeagle

Carmarthenshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 September 2009 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Smeagle's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Smeagle to your friends list  Quote this Post
I too own a G10. Recently I've bust a few top kits on fish (although it is my fault really, I used the match kits for carping). I used to use the match kits on my tourney pro and had fish to 18lb with no probs.
I'm thinking of getting a Tri Cast Aristocrat before the year's out.
Would be good to hear any comments on this pole.
I want strength and that means Tri Cast.

Go to Top of Page

Elmer Fudd
Life Member

Site Supporter

Warwickshire
United Kingdom

Official breakfast taster.

Posted - 07 November 2009 :  10:01:38 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Elmer Fudd to your friends list  Quote this Post
Tri-Cast Aristocrat: Not as stiff as the G10,but then you won't be breaking no.6 sections. Not as light as Maver???, but then you won't be breaking no's 3,4,5&6 sections. Slightly stiffer and lighter than the Finesse,very well balanced,quick on the pick up,all male/female joints well re-enforced especially on the bigger sections, superb "slide through the hands" finish on the no.5 back (tri-cast in their wisdom number this as no.4)and STROOOOOONG.

This is my fishing rod, there are many like it, but this one is mine....
Go to Top of Page

batman
Life Member

Posted - 22 December 2009 :  12:35:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add batman to your friends list  Quote this Post
Been using mine now for the last few weeks, bought 2nd hand after someone used it 4 times. Also has extension to 17m. Won my first open with it hows that for a christening
In all honesty though I dont see what all the fuss is about with these "new better than ever tri-cast poles", my mate fishes with a reaction, about 7 or 8 years old he reckons. Same pole? Apart from the fact the tops don't fit etc.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  6:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list  Quote this Post
never1st ....warmed up yet... after usein mine 14 then tryin yours there aint much in would go as far as to say that mine at 14 is a stiffer pole would you agree...... knowin you probley no

Go to Top of Page

MOGZ
Life Member

Staffordshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 December 2009 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send MOGZ an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add MOGZ to your friends list  Quote this Post
whats the damage on spares? Im thinking bout getting one of these after falling out of love with daiwa

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 24 December 2009 :  9:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list  Quote this Post
have a look on www.tri-castfishing.co.uk think its on there price of spares.......

Go to Top of Page

batman
Life Member

Posted - 25 December 2009 :  10:21:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add batman to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by cyril

never1st ....warmed up yet... after usein mine 14 then tryin yours there aint much in would go as far as to say that mine at 14 is a stiffer pole would you agree...... knowin you probley no

don't forget your gammy handed, tried yours left handed. Will have a go next time you get it out at 20m, will probably fall in. lol

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

batman
Life Member

Posted - 25 December 2009 :  10:25:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add batman to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by MOGZ

whats the damage on spares? Im thinking bout getting one of these after falling out of love with daiwa

14m section costs, 230ish. Mine needed one it fell out of one of them new fandangled rollers, a twenty foot tree. It wasn't me by the way...

Go to Top of Page

fosters123

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 26 December 2009 :  10:57:55 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fosters123 to your friends list  Quote this Post
hi lads the tricast reaction came out in 2005

Go to Top of Page

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 26 December 2009 :  8:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list  Quote this Post
fosters123 ....hello there you sure they came out in 2005 thought they were older than that didnt hte vantage an vainquish come out in 2005 .....???????/ i forget loose track all i know there good poles up there with the new one for the best poles tri-cast have made .......... thats why av 2 lol

Go to Top of Page

batman
Life Member

Posted - 26 December 2009 :  10:07:03 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add batman to your friends list  Quote this Post

The following was copied from http://www.leighanglingcentre.co.uk...wa_poles.htm old website....

TRI-CAST
FREE SECTION VOUCHER SUPPLIED WITH ALL NEW 2004 POLES

15.7 Mtr REACTION POLE RRP OUR PRICE
SUPPLIED WITH 3299.00 2199.00
2 x SPARE MATCH TOP 3 KITS 1 x SPARE POWER TOP 3 KIT & CUPPING KIT

15.7 Mtr ARACEPT POLE RRP POR PRICE
SUPPLIED WITH 1983.00 1375.00

15.7 Mtr CONCENTRIX RRP OUR PRICE
SUPPLIED WITH 1489.00 1099.00

14 Mtr X R S -2-K 4 RRP OUR PRICE
SUPPLIED WITH 1279.00 989.00
1 x SPARE MATCH TOP 3 KITS 2 x SPARE POWER TOP KIT & CUPPING KIT

14 Mtr PRO-AXIM RRP OUR PRICE
SUPPLIED WITH 943.00 699.00

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

HapperDapper
Life Member

Posted - 27 December 2009 :  12:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit HapperDapper's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add HapperDapper to your friends list  Quote this Post
But they are only rated to a 16 elastic?

Go to Top of Page

cyril
El blanko

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 December 2009 :  5:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cyril's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add cyril to your friends list  Quote this Post
thats what they say, its a load of c"p i've used vespe 22 through the big bore top 1 for skull dragin carp an tench out of the weed on our local canal with know problem what so ever.............. o-16s on match kits yep

Go to Top of Page

fosters123

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 December 2009 :  8:00:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fosters123 to your friends list  Quote this Post
hi lads you could be right , l got the tricast supremacy in april 2004 from vinny smith top of the range at the time, the reaction came next then the vantage all top poles all bomb proof

Go to Top of Page

clfletch
Life Member

Nottinghamshire

Posted - 04 January 2010 :  10:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit clfletch's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add clfletch to your friends list  Quote this Post
Any Tri Cast pole is capable of using the strongest elastics - they are much much stronger than almost any other pole. Having handled the Finesse though I'd say it's a lot less stiff than a Daiwa G8 at 13m. I guess that's the price you pay.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.12 seconds.