The Maggotdrowners Forum - Preston Carbonactive Rods
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Preston Carbonactive Rods
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

d1ball
Bally

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 July 2009 :  10:16:57 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add d1ball to your friends list  Quote this Post
Bought the 11'-13' last year for Ireland so I could get a good cast nad it didnt disappoint. At 13' this rod (Sentinent) is awesome. I give 190 for it from Dave's of Middlewich but my mate has just bought one for 170 from Stapely. The accuracy and distance this thing is brilliant. The action is great aswell and playing fish on the thing is a joy. It has little extras aswell, for instance a hook clip near the handle.

Anyway this year I have fished a lot on the Specimen lake at Border Fisheries and it has an island that you really need to get tight to for them carp. Now even at 11' the sentinent and a flick of the wrist the 11' Sentinent will get you on the island and tangled up, so accurate clipping up is required!!.

With this in mind, plus the fact i dont need much excuse to buy a new rod (tackle tart of the highest order!!) I decided to purchase the 9'9" - 11' Carbonactive Mini. This is just like it's bigger brother and is more accurate with the short cast, It also gives more control of them lumps.

So if your looking for a fabulous tip rod (s) the PI Carbonactive are the business, and being a tackle tart I now have every bas covered from 9'9" through to 13'

tight lines.....

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

hemphead2
hemphead2

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 11 July 2009 :  12:12:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hemphead2 to your friends list  Quote this Post
My mates got a early carbonactive but it has a horrible flat spot in the action.

Go to Top of Page

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 11 July 2009 :  11:49:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Seconded, the carbonactive range are awesome bits of kit,

Every rod I own except for 1 are Preston, either Carbonactive, Sentient, Excel, and Mini Series,

I have 9 and they all do the job intended perfectly.

Go to Top of Page

Pole-Fisher-90
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 July 2009 :  5:47:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pole-Fisher-90 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Same perfect rods.

Go to Top of Page

d1ball
Bally

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 July 2009 :  6:20:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add d1ball to your friends list  Quote this Post
Genus 8.....I thought I was a tackle tart!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 13 July 2009 :  06:58:56 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Well d1, as I work in a tackle shop and We're main Preston agents I get all My stuff at dealers discount,

Go to Top of Page

stikflote
Life Member

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
England

caught owt

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  11:25:37 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stikflote to your friends list  Quote this Post
Hemphead2your mate should have rod back to shop cos ive got five none of them have a flat spot it sounds a bit off

the wettest drought in history
Go to Top of Page

hemphead2
hemphead2

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 July 2009 :  9:39:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hemphead2 to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by stikflote

Hemphead2your mate should have rod back to shop cos ive got five none of them have a flat spot it sounds a bit off

Sorry i forgot to mention its a feeder rod

Go to Top of Page

d1ball
Bally

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 July 2009 :  08:19:21 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add d1ball to your friends list  Quote this Post
Genus,
AS you work in a tackle dealers and are Preston dealers, do you know when the following are due out mate as they are in the 2009 catalogue as 'coming soon'.

Big float waggler adapters - these have a metal attachment instead of plastic. Looking forward to these as the plastic ones get smashed up with good carp on.

Hair rig with bait bands - These will be in both 4" and 15" like the hair rig variety. the bait band will be quick and simple and in 4" will be great for the method.

I sound like a Preston annorak now but do you know when the above items are due in the shops???.....

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

stikflote
Life Member

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
England

caught owt

Posted - 19 July 2009 :  9:47:17 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stikflote to your friends list  Quote this Post
well i have two carbon active feeder rods, they do not have any flat spots

the wettest drought in history
Go to Top of Page

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 20 July 2009 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by d1ball

Genus,
AS you work in a tackle dealers and are Preston dealers, do you know when the following are due out mate as they are in the 2009 catalogue as 'coming soon'.

Big float waggler adapters - these have a metal attachment instead of plastic. Looking forward to these as the plastic ones get smashed up with good carp on.

Hair rig with bait bands - These will be in both 4" and 15" like the hair rig variety. the bait band will be quick and simple and in 4" will be great for the method.

I sound like a Preston annorak now but do you know when the above items are due in the shops???.....

If You mean the wagglers with the metal dog clip attatchment and the 2 sleaves to slide it up and down the line they've been in stock for months,

And the hair rigs with bait bands are also in stock in 4 sizes.

If they're not the ones You mean let Me know which ones and I'll phone Will (Preston rep) and ask for You,

Also I've never ever saw a flat spot in any of the carbonactive range, Mini series, C series, Ecxell, Sentient, or even the lower bracket Korum rods,

As You all know are made by Preston,

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

d1ball
Bally

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 21 July 2009 :  7:38:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add d1ball to your friends list  Quote this Post
Genus,
Yes mate I meant them wagglers with the metal dog clip. You can also get the dog clips in metal on there own but I aint seen them yet. Also the hais rigs with bands (4"), I aint seen them either. Now I believe you when you say they are out but obviously my dealer aint got em yet. Reminds me of when I purchased my X5 and I couldnt get the off box stuff for ages!!!....they are popular the PI gear. Also I have two Carbonactive rods and I know how good they are and I wasnt the one coming out with daft statements about flat spots....as if !!!...cheers mate

Go to Top of Page

Harry_Monk
Life Member

Posted - 16 October 2009 :  5:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harry_Monk's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Harry_Monk to your friends list  Quote this Post
I have the 11ft Mini Wag and the 10ft Carp Feeder,

Cant fault either rod, particularly like the 10ft feeder rod, proper through action rod

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

johng19
me@home.com

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 19 October 2009 :  6:25:55 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johng19 to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by hemphead2

My mates got a early carbonactive but it has a horrible flat spot in the action.
He should have taken it back they would have swoped it no problem.

Go to Top of Page

Meat Master
Life Member

Posted - 19 October 2009 :  6:52:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Meat Master to your friends list  Quote this Post
my mate has broke 2 of them sentient rods holding 8lb fish away from snags. think they were 12ft feeder.

Go to Top of Page

Genus9
Life Member

Northamptonshire

Posted - 21 October 2009 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Genus9 to your friends list  Quote this Post
I'm very surprised that the rods broke before the line,

I've had carp at Decoy to 16lb on mine on 6lb Ultima and had no probs,

At least He landed them and did well to get them out with broken rods.

Go to Top of Page

Meat Master
Life Member

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Meat Master to your friends list  Quote this Post
well they did break before the line. fact.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Kasabian
Life Member

Site Supporter

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 October 2009 :  10:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Kasabian an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Kasabian to your friends list  Quote this Post
Looking at getting the 10ft Mini, is it different to the 10ft sentinent ??
anyone know ?
I am confused !!

Bazza
Go to Top of Page

d1ball
Bally

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 October 2009 :  1:22:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add d1ball to your friends list  Quote this Post
Kasabian - I was at a Tackle and Gun show a few weekends ago and was on the PI Stand. Tommy Pickering and Des Shipp both stated that the 10' Mini is simply the best rod they have ever used, period. Now they would say that but I have the 9'9"-11' and the 11'-13' Sentinent and they are simply awesome rods. I think i might even buy the 10' mini just to see what all the fuss is about....

By the way I also sat and held 'The One' pole and Des could not convince me that this pole was better than the Maver Elite77, no way. We all have different opinions but on the day the new Maver 501 and Elite77 felt awesome....

Go to Top of Page

piperpilot
Life Member

Posted - 30 October 2009 :  9:10:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add piperpilot to your friends list  Quote this Post
I have the 10' Mini and my understanding is that this is mainly for commercial carp lakes and the 10' sentient is more of a traditional type bomb rod,

Go to Top of Page

Kasabian
Life Member

Site Supporter

Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 02 November 2009 :  09:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Kasabian an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Kasabian to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by d1ball

Kasabian - I was at a Tackle and Gun show a few weekends ago and was on the PI Stand. Tommy Pickering and Des Shipp both stated that the 10' Mini is simply the best rod they have ever used, period. Now they would say that but I have the 9'9"-11' and the 11'-13' Sentinent and they are simply awesome rods. I think i might even buy the 10' mini just to see what all the fuss is about....

By the way I also sat and held 'The One' pole and Des could not convince me that this pole was better than the Maver Elite77, no way. We all have different opinions but on the day the new Maver 501 and Elite77 felt awesome....

I bought one on Friday ( 10ft Mini ) and used it at woodlands on saturday, it is simply fantastic, the action is sweet as a nut, 6 carp all over 8lb, no problem at all. Great bit of Kit
Baz

Bazza

Edited by - Kasabian on 02 November 2009 9:57:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.14 seconds.