The Maggotdrowners Forum - umbrellas
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 www.Maggotdrowning.com
 Polling Booth
 umbrellas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

preston mon
Life Member

Shropshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 29 November 2008 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit preston mon's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add preston mon to your friends list  Quote this Post
Poll Question:
What is the best umbrella

Choices:

preston
team daiwa
fox
map
shimano
keenets
others

(Anonymous Vote)

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

maver mon

Shropshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 12 December 2008 :  7:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit maver mon's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add maver mon to your friends list  Quote this Post
i would say shimano or preston

Go to Top of Page

BAG UP
SINGLE RED

Posted - 12 December 2008 :  7:54:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BAG UP to your friends list  Quote this Post
Daiwa

Go to Top of Page

endpeg
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 19 December 2008 :  6:13:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit endpeg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add endpeg to your friends list  Quote this Post
None they are all shyte.

Go to Top of Page

Simple
Sikea

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
Vatican City

Loving IKEA

Posted - 19 December 2008 :  7:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simple's Homepage  Click to see Simple's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Simple to your friends list  Quote this Post
I shook my diawa flatback dry last Saturday and 3 of the carbon ribs broke
But up till that happened I was very impressed with it. They don't make them anymore either.
Looking to get a Preston Flatback.

Rolfslake.com

Top Jinx Weights | Jinx 100lb Club Member. 161lb 6oz - Jinx 200lb Club Member. 225lb 2oz
Jinx Pairs Champ 2010(Malc),2011(Dave)||| MD Pairs Weekend Champ 2012 with Tony Roberts
Rolfslake 300lb Member x2

Minxed 12 times from 73 Matches
Ant 18 vs Si 18
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

rourke7719
Big Stu

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  4:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit rourke7719's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add rourke7719 to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by endpeg

None they are all shyte.

Agreed, I have one but hate it. Much rather sit there with a good set of waterproofs on. Brolleys just get in the way

Go to Top of Page

cant win
Life Member

Poland

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  4:24:16 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cant win to your friends list  Quote this Post
i would say by far it has to be the preston flat back had mine a while now had quite a few brollys the worst one has got to be the daiwa tournament sheild didnt last 2 mins for the price i was very dissapointed with it

brollys are for keeping you dry i see a lot of anglers using them for wind breaks not recommended.not made for that.

Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  5:36:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list  Quote this Post
One that keeps you dry when it's raining!

Go to Top of Page

Todo
Norwegian & nuts

Norway

Posted - 07 January 2009 :  10:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Todo's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Todo to your friends list  Quote this Post
I had to vote for others

Fladen fishing (a bomb rigth) Tent & umbrella

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

greentura
Greenie

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 27 January 2009 :  9:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit greentura's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add greentura to your friends list  Quote this Post
isn't eBay wonderful...........

sad hat

Go to Top of Page

CrunchyCaster
Life Member

Lincolnshire

Posted - 03 February 2009 :  8:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CrunchyCaster's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add CrunchyCaster to your friends list  Quote this Post
I used Wavelock brollies, always tough and durable, then the ball socket used for tilting snapped.....gone over to the Preston flatback now which incorporates a metal tilt mechanism, so far so good!

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

The_Sogster
Stick and 'Pin

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 03 February 2009 :  10:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_Sogster's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add The_Sogster to your friends list  Quote this Post
Any that keeps you dry!
Personal preference is key. Nubrollies are great but heavy, while nylon ones are very light.

Personally I take one of about 5 depending on conditions.

Go to Top of Page

midge99
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
Madagascar

Just ploding along

Posted - 03 February 2009 :  10:13:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add midge99 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Not voted as I don't use a brolly, I have two in the garage some where, but not used one for years, they just get in the way, may get a bait brolly in the near future

L.T.B Lying Thieving B@5t4./

www.tnfloats.net

have wheels will go fishing
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

spud
Baggin Machine

Teesside
England

Posted - 04 February 2009 :  4:39:44 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spud to your friends list  Quote this Post
I have a brolly that i got for about 15 off the internet. I very rarely use it unless it is chucking it down and even then they are a nightmare.

Go to Top of Page

pegasus
benny

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 18 August 2009 :  11:53:45 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pegasus to your friends list  Quote this Post
tenner from argos

Go to Top of Page

cookie1410

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 30 December 2009 :  09:43:00 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cookie1410 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Cant believe people go into so much detail on brollies, one that keeps the rain off you should be sufficent

Go to Top of Page

Nev101
Bogs Dalls

Gt.Manchester
England

Posted - 03 September 2010 :  5:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Nev101 an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Nev101 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Brolly = Gay

Hood/hat combo = Bloke

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

pegasus
benny

West Yorkshire
England

Posted - 23 September 2010 :  6:27:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pegasus to your friends list  Quote this Post
use a bait brolly and a good set of water proofs.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.12 seconds.