The Maggotdrowners Forum - looking for a light feeder rod
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 looking for a light feeder rod
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bernie74
Life Member

Posted - 06 August 2013 :  7:29:45 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bernie74 to your friends list  Quote this Post
I'm looking for a light feeder rod for light canal work, but what I do have is is a one of them garbolino rocket picker, would that do with the lightest white tip.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Bernie74
Life Member

Posted - 06 August 2013 :  10:37:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bernie74 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Blimey, no recommendations

Go to Top of Page

floatfisher
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 06 August 2013 :  11:12:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floatfisher to your friends list  Quote this Post
I would say it would be ok. The glass tips on those rods are pretty sensitive. The 8ft version has quite a forgiving action as well.

Proud to be a grandad!
Go to Top of Page

jay67
Life Member

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 06 August 2013 :  11:14:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jay67 to your friends list  Quote this Post
hi mate.i use a shimano technium bomb (11ft long, 3/4 and 1/2 oz tips) and a sigma wand (10ft with same rated tips). both capable of picking up very shy bites and both landed bigger fish (had carp over 10lb on both). drennan im8 bomb got a good rep +a good range of tips. wont comment on others- thats all i've used. no expert tho.

Go to Top of Page

jimlad
Life Member

Posted - 06 August 2013 :  11:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit jimlad's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jimlad to your friends list  Quote this Post
Drennan im8 bomb rod, drennan light feeder and drennan matchpro quiver are my recommendations. Excellent rods and regularly appear on eBay (last I looked there was an im8 on Buy it now for 60 - bargain )

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.06 seconds.