The Maggotdrowners Forum - Doubled up Elastic
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Doubled up Elastic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

AlanZ
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  09:10:08 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add AlanZ to your friends list  Quote this Post
Does anyone use Doubled up Elastic in their Pole, or any views on the subject

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

totality14
Life Member

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  09:29:44 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add totality14 to your friends list  Quote this Post
Used to didn't really notice much difference . Gone back to using single. Using the new Frenzee hollow very nice laccy

Go to Top of Page

AlanZ
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  09:42:23 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AlanZ to your friends list  Quote this Post
Thanks alot, How long does a laccy stay ok for in a Pole haven't used mine for about 2 years, they've just been stuck in my Rod bag

Go to Top of Page

paulk66
Life Member

Site Supporter

Dorset
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paulk66 to your friends list  Quote this Post
i only use double 8 for carp fishing. tried it in 4 and 5 for silvers but prefer drennan green 6-8 bungee now.

Go to Top of Page

methodgob
yoda

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

Missing my fishing mate.

My Photo Album

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  4:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit methodgob's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add methodgob to your friends list  Quote this Post
Depends, I've got some in my carp tops that have been in 5 years! and they're still ok. (waiting for the smart ar*es to say that's cos it never comes out) and I've had some that have lasted about a month before they started to show signs of perishing. Just keep an eye on it.
Bung end and pole tip end are where they usually wear out first.

Inaugral Nick Clark memorial match winner 2012

MATRIX HALIFAX

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Pontius Pilate
obsessed penarse

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  4:54:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list  Quote this Post
I use double 8,5 and 4 for all my commercial fishing and iv never had an problems

Go to Top of Page

Foul ducker
Life Member

Site Supporter

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  6:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Foul ducker an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add Foul ducker to your friends list  Quote this Post
I've tried doubled in most sizes but only use doubled 5 now as I've moved most of my carpy tops to hollo but i found the D5 a great allrounder at anytime of the year

I normally change it twice a year but i normally fish most weeks and D5 gets used everytime summer or winter

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
obsessed penarse

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  6:15:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list  Quote this Post
must admit tho iv bough to more kits for my pole that im going to turn into puller kits and put hollow in which size hollow is good for all round fishing??will get skimmers in but also land big carp?

Go to Top of Page

GottaCatchEmAll
Life Member

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  7:32:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GottaCatchEmAll to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by Pontius Pilate

must admit tho iv bough to more kits for my pole that im going to turn into puller kits and put hollow in which size hollow is good for all round fishing??will get skimmers in but also land big carp?

White Hydro, great stuff.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  7:48:05 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list  Quote this Post
Waste of money!

Go to Top of Page

hellsbells
Life Member

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  8:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit hellsbells's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add hellsbells to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by NathanWatson

Waste of money!

Totally agree - first thing you have to do is cut 1mtr(5.00) off and throw it in the bin ????

www.carbonpolerepairs.co.uk
Breath life back into damaged pole sections with CPR.
www.miraclebaits.com
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

gorstyman
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  9:39:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gorstyman to your friends list  Quote this Post
A double up Middy hi viz yellow (size 8 to 10) set so it just creeps back into the pole will suit for all skimmer /tench and carp fishing.

If its more skimmers/roach plus very odd carp then try using the next size down ....the orange Middy size 6 to 8,s.

Go to Top of Page

GottaCatchEmAll
Life Member

Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 April 2013 :  10:25:08 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GottaCatchEmAll to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :

Waste of money!

In your opinion, not in mine and many other people's.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  10:07:27 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by GottaCatchEmAll

quote :

Waste of money!

In your opinion, not in mine and many other people's.

Yes, that's what he asked for, people's views!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  11:06:05 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list  Quote this Post
Doubled 4 is the only double elastic I use, for F1's in winter but on a puller in case you do hook a proper one. I was using blue Hydro but found it a bit too stiff for the smaller silvers I was also catching. Too tight to by the pink Hydro!

If you don't weigh in then you've caught f*** all.
Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  11:07:03 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list  Quote this Post
Try a single 6, 7 or 8!

Go to Top of Page

Pontius Pilate
obsessed penarse

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  11:53:05 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pontius Pilate to your friends list  Quote this Post
everyone to there own

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

peteblade
Life Member

Site Supporter

South Yorkshire
England

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  12:48:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add peteblade to your friends list  Quote this Post
Doubled elastics, Hydro and pulla kits, the things of Nathans nightmares!!!

If you don't weigh in then you've caught f*** all.
Go to Top of Page

methodgob
yoda

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

Missing my fishing mate.

My Photo Album

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  4:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit methodgob's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add methodgob to your friends list  Quote this Post
Bless him though, he still thinks the world is flat, the wheel will never catch on and that there fire stuff is the work of evil spirits.

Inaugral Nick Clark memorial match winner 2012

MATRIX HALIFAX

Go to Top of Page

270181pimp
Life Member

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  8:23:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 270181pimp to your friends list  Quote this Post
Ive tried this once i put a D4 preston slip through the top 1 of a power kit, problem i found was once a couple of meters came out it bottomed out and my pole was taking the brunt of it so went back to hollow, is this right or did i elasticate it wrong as i have heard good reviews on doubled up ????

Go to Top of Page

NathanWatson
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 April 2013 :  8:34:34 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NathanWatson to your friends list  Quote this Post
Put it through 2 sections.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.14 seconds.