The Maggotdrowners Forum - Winter bream/skimmer groundbait
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Bait Talk
 Winter bream/skimmer groundbait
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Big Blue
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 22 October 2012 :  8:28:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Big Blue to your friends list  Quote this Post
Hi all,

Do you change your mix for the winter or do you use the same as the summer ?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

jammy johnson
Nick

Somerset
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 October 2012 :  10:50:59 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jammy johnson to your friends list  Quote this Post
It depends on the turbidity of the water if its gin clear I opt for a black ground bait but if its well coloured up a sweet GB is what I use. I dont tend to use GB in the summer as it attracts to much attention to the small fry I use Vitalin or 2mm soaked skrettings.

Go to Top of Page

thedoggler
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 October 2012 :  4:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Send thedoggler an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add thedoggler to your friends list  Quote this Post
I use a 50/50 mixture of a sweet fish meal such as Sonu F1 and sensas lake. Again, I change the colour depending on the water.

Go to Top of Page

Big Blue
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 23 October 2012 :  7:35:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big Blue to your friends list  Quote this Post
Thanks for the replys. Would you use a red groundbait if the water was coloured ?

Go to Top of Page

thedoggler
Life Member

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 October 2012 :  8:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send thedoggler an AOL message Bookmark this reply Add thedoggler to your friends list  Quote this Post
Very rare I use red groundbait. Tench seem to like it, but in my experience, it can put other fish off. I prefer lighter groundbaits in coloured water.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

CJROSCOW
Clint

Lancashire
England

Posted - 24 October 2012 :  8:49:30 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CJROSCOW to your friends list  Quote this Post
move to sweet fishmeal in winter

Go to Top of Page

Hedley Lamarr

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 October 2012 :  12:00:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hedley Lamarr to your friends list  Quote this Post
You feeder fishing or pole? Is it a commercial?

Go to Top of Page

Big Blue
Life Member

Site Supporter

Staffordshire
England

Posted - 25 October 2012 :  07:03:00 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Big Blue to your friends list  Quote this Post
It's not a commercial , and I will be feeder fishing.

Go to Top of Page

Hedley Lamarr

Lancashire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 October 2012 :  7:36:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hedley Lamarr to your friends list  Quote this Post
Van den eynde supercup / special, 50 / 50 mix with caster, chopped worms and squatts. The perfect natural venue bream and skimmer mix for feeder fishing.
Use the same in the summer, just more of it!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

sackup
BROWNING

United Kingdom

Posted - 02 November 2012 :  11:33:02 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sackup to your friends list  Quote this Post
75% Match blend and 25% swimstim black works a treat whatever the water colour ;-)

Go to Top of Page

cess monkey
Life Member

East Yorkshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 04 November 2012 :  08:05:58 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cess monkey to your friends list  Quote this Post
Supermatch and sieved brown crumb.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.08 seconds.