The Maggotdrowners Forum - ROF angling club
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Your Club, Your Waters
 ROF angling club
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cruciankid
Idebashers prodigy

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Aldin convert!

Posted - 25 January 2011 :  10:44:38 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cruciankid to your friends list  Quote this Post
I was informed that my local club had invested in some proper pegs recently so paid a visit at the weekend to scope about and see what all the fuss was about. to my surprise, after asking for them for more than 15 years, we finally have some decent permanent pegs and accessible paths ready for the weather warming up!

yippee!

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

62tucker
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 26 January 2011 :  09:35:49 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 62tucker to your friends list  Quote this Post
can you get a day ticket for this water, i worked at rof 1978 to 82 and i done a bit work at the pond when i was a apprentice

Go to Top of Page

Stretch1066
Life member

Site Supporter

Gt.Manchester
United Kingdom

Retired working twice as hard for no pay.

Posted - 26 January 2011 :  7:38:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stretch1066 to your friends list  Quote this Post
I take it then that after all the moaning, you couldn't be bothered to attend the work party and help.
Just moan and hope someone else will do it!!!!!

If it aint broke, don't fix it
Take nothing away but pictures & memories, leave nothing behind but foot prints.
Go to Top of Page

mhrdadmin

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 02 February 2011 :  11:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhrdadmin's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add mhrdadmin to your friends list  Quote this Post
You can buy the ROF day tickets from Mountain High River Deep at West Pelton, Eddies in Chester-le-Street has now closed. Visit www.mhrd.co.uk for more iformation, tickets charged at 6.50 a day.

Go to Top of Page

cruciankid
Idebashers prodigy

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Aldin convert!

Posted - 04 February 2011 :  8:58:57 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cruciankid to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by Stretch1066

I take it then that after all the moaning, you couldn't be bothered to attend the work party and help.
Just moan and hope someone else will do it!!!!!

for the record, I have suggested doing the work myself on several occasions over the years but was told that it would have to be ran past the committee first. having said that with all the cash we have in the bank they could have invested it on the pegs without the need for anyone busting a gut at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MD Northern Fur n Feather 3rd place 2013
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

62tucker
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 04 February 2011 :  9:45:18 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 62tucker to your friends list  Quote this Post
where do you park for this lake

Go to Top of Page

silverman
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
England

Posted - 04 February 2011 :  10:02:39 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverman to your friends list  Quote this Post
Is there a web site?
Also it must be solid with fish because even davy barret can catch on there.And davy can make the oaks look like theres nowt in it

Go to Top of Page

norm

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear
England

i am sh1t but have some cracking gear

Posted - 04 February 2011 :  11:01:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add norm to your friends list  Quote this Post
quote :
Originally posted by 62tucker

where do you park for this lake

drive through Ouston from birtley
turn left after the red lion pub
follow the road until you come to the car park gates

its a good walk from there mind so i try to travel as light as possible

don't take life to serious, have a bloody laugh
Go to Top of Page

62tucker
Life Member

Site Supporter

Tyne and Wear

Posted - 04 February 2011 :  11:03:27 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 62tucker to your friends list  Quote this Post
is car safe down there

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

mhrdadmin

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 05 February 2011 :  09:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhrdadmin's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add mhrdadmin to your friends list  Quote this Post
There is a map to give you an idea of whereabouts the pond and car park is on www.mhrd.co.uk, and yes it is safe to park in the car park. It is at the end of a very nice residential estate with farm buildings close by. I have tried to put as much information as possible about the ROF pond on the website but if anyone has any ideas as to what i could add please let me know - please note however, MHRD is not affiliated with the pond or club in anyway but as we hold the day tickets and membership forms now i thought it best to give as much information to people as possible.

Go to Top of Page

cruciankid
Idebashers prodigy

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Aldin convert!

Posted - 06 February 2011 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cruciankid to your friends list  Quote this Post
its a good walk from there mind so i try to travel as light as possible

[/quote]

Lazt git! some people never change! lol

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Mjollnir

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 22 June 2011 :  3:11:41 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mjollnir to your friends list  Quote this Post
cruciankid, I am not sure you can call bits of pallet wood nailed together permanent pegs but they are welcome nevertheless

Go to Top of Page

Cooky
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 September 2013 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Cooky a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Cooky to your friends list  Quote this Post
is Mountain High River Deep still trading i used to get my maggots from them

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

cruciankid
Idebashers prodigy

Site Supporter

Durham
United Kingdom

Aldin convert!

Posted - 22 September 2013 :  7:53:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cruciankid to your friends list  Quote this Post
no they closed earlier this year. struggled I think. Pity as it was handy for a bit bait now and again

Go to Top of Page

Cooky
Life Member

Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom

Posted - 23 September 2013 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Cooky a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Cooky to your friends list  Quote this Post
yep it was they sold decent maggots

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.12 seconds.