The Maggotdrowners Forum - Garbolino G MAX 800
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Reviews
 Garbolino G MAX 800
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FOZZIE BEAR
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
England

Posted - 06 December 2009 :  7:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOZZIE BEAR's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add FOZZIE BEAR to your friends list  Quote this Post
Well I finally took the plunge and upgraded from my faithful Premier Legion, which has given me years of good service landing carp up to 20lbs, and bagging my first match ton. However I had found that when fishing at length, I was often losing fish as I don't think the hook was setting effectively. I wanted a pole that would be more manageable at length and stiff!!
Went down to Fosters in Brum,and had a good waggle with all the poles on my list. Wasn't too impressed with g20 or Whisker All Terrain - thought them a bit "sloppy". Had a hold of Tricasts' Aristocrat, but not that impressed. Thought about a Tourny or its successor the X but could I justify the extra cost? Similarly Garbo's G10 while a lovely pole would constantly have me worrying about using it in case I broke a section, with me being the most awkward clumsy person I know! So I had a feel of the G8, Wow! Felt nicely balanced at 13m and not bad at 14.5, spares are reasonably priced - very tempting. G MAX 700 was next, but not quite as good, which is reflected in the difference in price. The guy from Fosters then tells me that Garbo are just about to launch the successor to the G8 and if I wait a week he should be getting some in. So I leave my number and I wait, but a couple of days later the call comes, so back to Brum and after a couple of minutes my mind is made up. Great deal and some good advice (thanks to Adrian!!) and I'm on my way home to get the elastic in so I can use it today.
So how did the pole perform? Well on a windy day when I would normally only fish short, I held the pole at 14m without my pole support for much of the time, and except for when it got really gusty it was no problem. The fish were hard to get at using overhanging trees as refuge, but I manged to get nearly 25lbs of carp up to 5lbs out, and won the match.
Am I pleased with my purchase?

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

bb bone
Life Member

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 December 2009 :  4:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit bb bone's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add bb bone to your friends list  Quote this Post
hi mate nice to see you are pleased with your purchase and the new garbo's for this year have been raved about by many. Could I trouble you with a couple of questions regarding the top kits,

1,how many kits does it come with?
2,are the new match lite kit's much better the normal match kit's
3,do the match lite kits fit the garbo g8

cheers bb

Go to Top of Page

squeaky roller
Shandeeeee

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 December 2009 :  10:54:23 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add squeaky roller to your friends list  Quote this Post
i can answer a couple of the questions..the lite kits are slightly weaker then the standered match kits i've only got blue and white hydro in mine but i'm always slightly cautious anyway,and yes they do fit the g8 as well as all the g range.

Go to Top of Page

bb bone
Life Member

East Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 10 December 2009 :  9:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit bb bone's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add bb bone to your friends list  Quote this Post
cheers mate will get some more match kits

Go to Top of Page

FOZZIE BEAR
Life Member

Hereford & Worcester
England

Posted - 12 December 2009 :  2:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit FOZZIE BEAR's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add FOZZIE BEAR to your friends list  Quote this Post
The pole came with a total of 7 topkits, 2 of which are power. There are also 2 spare "4's" and a short "4". The 4 is actually a 3 as the top kits are all 2 piece instead of match top 3, andarevery easy to bush and elasticate. I haven't used the match kits in abger yet but they feel great and the power kit performed well (see above). I have only set up 2 match kits so far with 6 and white hydro, and grey in a power kit. The bonus is that all the kits off my old Prem fit, so I have another 9 kits to choose from. I plan to use my old kits in snaggy swims with heavy(ish) elastics. Watch this space!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.06 seconds.