The Maggotdrowners Forum - warwickshire avon
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 warwickshire avon
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bloomer
fishing monster

Warwickshire

Posted - 24 October 2008 :  5:21:12 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bloomer to your friends list

does anyone know of good dayticket stretches of this river ideally within the boundrys of warwickshire as thats still a good drive from me but closer than some of the other bits.

ideally a stretch where barbel/chub are reasonably prolific.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

nog
the method man

Midlands West
England

Posted - 24 October 2008 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nog to your friends list
try harvington mate there is few stretches on day ticket there n iv had some good barbel and chub this year

Go to Top of Page

deleted
Life Member

Site Supporter

England

Posted - 25 October 2008 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deleted to your friends list
Hrvingtom is strictly Worcestershire but below the low weir at Anchor Meadow is a cert for a bag of fish, as is below the bigger weir just upstream

Go to Top of Page

bloomer
fishing monster

Warwickshire

Posted - 25 October 2008 :  11:13:36 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bloomer to your friends list
does anyone know of any stretches actually in warwickshire, the only one i can find is on leamington ac book and is members only and 30ish quid is a bit much for probably only 1 or 2 sessions.

Go to Top of Page

deleted
Life Member

Site Supporter

England

Posted - 25 October 2008 :  11:25:20 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add deleted to your friends list
Anchor Meadow is (or was) day ticket - just turn up and fish. Not sure how much it is as I haven't been for a couple of years
http://www.fisheries.co.uk/anchormeadow/index.htm

Here's a link for stretches in the Stratford area
http://www.waterscape.com/canals-an...ford/fishing

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Horse64

Gloucestershire

Posted - 28 October 2008 :  4:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Horse64's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Horse64 to your friends list
Anchor Meadow is still day ticket - turn up and fish. Its 6.00 per day, but it gets busy at weekends due to matches etc. Maybe you could try the Warwickshire Avon at Fladbury - this is a BAA stretch but I think its also available to day tickets if brought from a local tackle shop prior to fishing. Day tickets are NOT sold on the bank. It has a nice weir and loads of Chub plus Barbel up to about 7lbs

Go to Top of Page

nog
the method man

Midlands West
England

Posted - 29 October 2008 :  12:20:29 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nog to your friends list
it anchor meadow i fish mate it is day ticket the dry dock fiver a day

Go to Top of Page

long rod
tomo

Bristol
England

Posted - 30 October 2008 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit long rod's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add long rod to your friends list
was watching a chap fishing in stratford last sunday morning, he had 5 slabs in the net, and was still catching when i left him to it, his boy in the next peg had a 9lb carp !
they were fishing below the weir, another angler below them was catching roach on the pole, don't know who's water it is, but the bloke said the baliff don't go round very often !!!!!!!
they were catching on g/bait feeder, worm and corn, casting across just into the slacker water.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.45 seconds.