The Maggotdrowners Forum - Shimano - Beastmaster XTA 16m
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Shimano - Beastmaster XTA 16m
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doodle

South Yorkshire
Vanuatu

Posted - 07 September 2007 :  10:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit doodle's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add doodle to your friends list
Shimano - Beastmaster XTA 16m thinking of buying one, anyone who as one would like there opinion off this pole. Thanks

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

metalforever
Biker Kid

Durham
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 08 September 2007 :  08:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Click to see metalforever's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add metalforever to your friends list
ive used one when fishing for carp to 3lb's and F1's. it's much like my speedmaster just a bit for floppy and it doesnt really have much extra power compared to the speedmaster as the name might suggest.

for the money it was OK and if you can get one cheap id strongly reccomend it but if your thinking of paying the full 600+ then save up just a bit more and buy the speedmaster at 750 (probabaly going to come down soon due to new releases) or the antares with is now 899.

IMO the beastmaster is just a clumsy version of the speedmaster, but i dont own one, just used it.

Go to Top of Page

gazmalman
malmanfloats.com

Durham
Heard Island & Mcdonald Islands

Posted - 08 September 2007 :  08:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit gazmalman's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gazmalman to your friends list
Its bloody awful! As metal says the speedmaster is much better, as are alot of other at that sort of price. Take alook at the garbo premier leigon if you want to spend less than the 700 or so for the speedy.

Go to Top of Page

Micky G
no brains!

Norfolk
England

Posted - 08 September 2007 :  5:21:14 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Micky G to your friends list
speedmaster a better bet having owned one for some time till i got my 995,my thought on the original beastmaster 16mtr was it was a little unwieldy and cumbersome for me and heavy too,i thought the xta model was to sort that out, save your dough for a speedy, does everything rather well, must be one of shimanos best sellers for a long time,awesome finish too

Go to Top of Page

metalforever
Biker Kid

Durham
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  08:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see metalforever's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add metalforever to your friends list
Bloody hell Gaz agreed with me I must be doign something right!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

slf
NUFC

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  10:47:59 AM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slf to your friends list
get the speedmaster to be honest they say they are power poles but they don't look any stronger than my speedmaster

Go to Top of Page

metalforever
Biker Kid

Durham
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  2:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Click to see metalforever's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add metalforever to your friends list
the speedmaster is said to be a power pole liam.

Go to Top of Page

slf
NUFC

Durham
United Kingdom

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  3:41:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add slf to your friends list
no it aint it suppost to be a competition pole

Go to Top of Page

doodle

South Yorkshire
Vanuatu

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  7:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit doodle's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add doodle to your friends list
thanks for the input will have a look at the speedmaster also a guy was telling me the Daiwa TD-R Competition 16.1m is worth a look at.Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

the lake lady
The Bitch

Gt.Manchester
Faroe Islands

My Photo Album

Posted - 09 September 2007 :  8:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Send the lake lady an AOL message  Click to see the lake lady's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add the lake lady to your friends list
ive had one from october last year and have only found one problem with it getting a toss pot to fit but now i have on bought on thursday from swinton angling centre for 3.99 for 2
its 6.0 and 6.4 what ever that means

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.5 seconds.