The Maggotdrowners Forum - River Severn - Day Ticket - Where?
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Fishing
 Fishing Venue Advice and Information
 River Severn - Day Ticket - Where?
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Big Fella
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 06 August 2007 :  1:24:35 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add The Big Fella to your friends list
Hi all,

I know there are some venue Severn experts on here!

So this is what I am after I am looking to go this Sunday 12th August. I need somewhere that is good fishing for barbel, and I will be fishing in the day from 9am until about 6pm so no night fishing involved.

3 of us would be fishing so we are not looking for 20-30 pegs etc

I live in Leicester and previously we have bought a day ticket from Bewdely tackle shop - Stan Lewis's?

His day ticket section as I remember you got to it by driving out of the town over the bridge bearing right, and then sharp left at a garage I think? You then followed round the small lane to the small car park on left at top of the field - and then walked down to the river.

Is this still worth fishing? and as its a Sunday is it likley to be matched up?

A few people have said Ironbridge is worth a shot as well? Is this day ticket or club book and again would it be matched up?

Any advice on how we get a day ticket on a Sunday would be helpful?

I would also consider the Teme or Trent.

Please PM me if your potential venue is "top secret" hehehehe

Standard feeder fishing probably with pellet, corn and luncheon meat would be the approach unless you could advise any different?

Cheers in anticipation of some good advice.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

missabite
Life Member

Midlands West

Posted - 06 August 2007 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add missabite to your friends list
Hi big fella

Big slabs to barble, i looove it.

I have a few trips a year down to Arley on the Severn.

Day tickets are available bought in advance from shops or the BAA (not on the bank unfortunately). The downside is there could be contests on, so you would have to check the angling press first.

From where you park walk upstream until you get to a wide boily peg. The pegs above that upto a weir type thing are very good. If there is extra water on, the wide boily peg can be very good. There are some beautiful looking spots all the way up.

I have done well fishing the groundbait feeder with 4 mills in it and an 8, two 8s or a 14 mill halibut on the hook.

Just one option for you

EDIT: Damn it! The BAA have a website and the water's booked...http://www.baa.uk.com/available_wat...default.aspx

Directions....http://www.baa.uk.com/where_to_fish/34.aspx

One to think about for a future date.

Edited by - missabite on 06 August 2007 3:40:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

The Big Fella
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 06 August 2007 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Big Fella to your friends list
Thanks Missabite!

If the Severn has no replies the Trent may be an option??

Apart from Collingham any other good Barbel sections?

Cheers

Go to Top of Page

sladey
Life Member

Midlands West
England

Posted - 06 August 2007 :  9:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit sladey's Homepage  Click to see sladey's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add sladey to your friends list
Bridgnorth, danesford is day ticket from bridgnorth tackle and 100lb pleause catches have been taken from there recently with some nice fish including a few doubles coming out from what i hear, might be worth a look. For Barbel bridgnorth cannot be beaten in my opinion, on a strecth a bit further up which cannot be day ticket fished a 138lb won the open at the weekend.

Go to Top of Page

spireitejohn

Derbyshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 07 August 2007 :  8:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see spireitejohn's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add spireitejohn to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by The Big Fella

Thanks Missabite!

Cheers

you could try south muskham on the trent, go down by the side of the A1 lakes(also known as crankley point) me and my mates seem to do ok there.
Collingham is good but gets too overcrowded for my liking,if you want to fish the tidal trent then besthorpe is also worth a try, go into besthorpe village and go down trent lane.
good luck

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 08 August 2007 :  08:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
quote :

Thanks Missabite!

Cheers

me and stoo could meet you on the trent or collingham anytime you like if your interested???

im now a pro

Go to Top of Page

james16
Life Member

Cheshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 08 August 2007 :  2:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit james16's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add james16 to your friends list
Mark's tackle shop should set you right. It's in the middle of the Stourport town centre.

Go to Top of Page

The Big Fella
Life Member

Leicestershire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 08 August 2007 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add The Big Fella to your friends list
Okey dokey thanks all!

I will bear your Barbel lesson in mind Newies for a session on the Trent one day! When I get a few blanks I will go with you, and you can make me look even worse!

Go to Top of Page

newies_maggots
Life Member

Lincolnshire
England

Posted - 09 August 2007 :  09:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit newies_maggots's Homepage  Click to see newies_maggots's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add newies_maggots to your friends list
quote :

Okey dokey thanks all!

I will bear your Barbel lesson in mind Newies for a session on the Trent one day! When I get a few blanks I will go with you, and you can make me look even worse!

nothing like a social get together...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.48 seconds.