The Maggotdrowners Forum - Maver Medusa 16m Pole.
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 Maver Medusa 16m Pole.
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  6:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this topic Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
Hi,
Im looking for a maver medusa 16m pole for my matches. I just was wondering if any of you know the following information about it,What sized fish will it take and is it light at 14-15m. If you know any more info about it, please reply.
Tight lines,
Minnowmaster209.

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

endpeg
Life Member

Lancashire
England

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit endpeg's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add endpeg to your friends list
There are much better Maver poles out there now than the Medussa.
They were a handfull at 14.5 and rubbish at 16m.

Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  7:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
But capable of landing foul-hooked hippos! (unbreakable) Just a bit bendy and heavy at full length.

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  8:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by Jessebobs

But capable of landing foul-hooked hippos! (unbreakable) Just a bit bendy and heavy at full length.

Is it ok at 13m??thanks.

Go to Top of Page

floatfisher
Life Member

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 19 August 2009 :  11:10:29 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floatfisher to your friends list
I had a Medusa for six years and never had a problem with it. Very strong, not too heavy, and capable of handling carp into double figures if used sensibly. At 16 metres it 'goes' but at 13 and 14.5 it's easily fishable. If you can pick one up cheap in good condition you shouldn't have any complaints about it's performance.

Proud to be a grandad!
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 20 August 2009 :  12:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
It's fine at 13m. It comes with the strong 4 section that stiffens the pole up (but loses a section). This makes it easy to fish at 14.5m

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 20 August 2009 :  5:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
Thanks,thats really helped.Im definately going to get one:)

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  6:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
Hi MD's,
Ive got it know and I think it is fantastic!!! Really light at 13meters. The only problem is it bends alot and Ive got a match at rolfs lake on wednesday and was scared as I dont know if the bending is a good thing.Do you think ill be alright
Please get back to me if you can help.

Go to Top of Page

Meat Master
Life Member

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  7:05:04 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Meat Master to your friends list
it wont break mate.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

badpegpicker
Proud to be a.....

Northamptonshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  7:15:15 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add badpegpicker to your friends list
The main reason poles break is not normally down to the pole, but the way the angler uses it mate.

The only time a pole goes for no apparent reason is when there is a "genuine" fault n the section from manufacturing.
If you ve used it for a while and have had no problems with it, then by now any serious faults would have shown.

Take your time, dont bully the fish and it should be fine.

Go to Top of Page

Hatchye
Life Member

Bedfordshire
England

Posted - 25 October 2009 :  8:57:09 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatchye to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by minnowmaster209

Hi MD's,
Ive got it know and I think it is fantastic!!! Really light at 13meters. The only problem is it bends alot and Ive got a match at rolfs lake on wednesday and was scared as I dont know if the bending is a good thing.Do you think ill be alright
Please get back to me if you can help.

I used an original medusa for my first Jinx series down there last year, as long as you don't do anything daft it should drag out anything down there...

Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

gazjl

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 26 October 2009 :  08:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit gazjl's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add gazjl to your friends list
i had a j series and it was very strong i landed many doubles and it coped with years of abuse but as said anymore than 13m and it starts to get a bit wiggly and kinda heavy:)

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 October 2009 :  5:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
oh and there is another question,does the 11.5 section alwys get stuck in the 13m section.Mine does and im not sure if it should?

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

hemphead2
hemphead2

Kent
United Kingdom

Posted - 31 October 2009 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hemphead2 to your friends list
quote :

oh and there is another question,does the 11.5 section alwys get stuck in the 13m section.Mine does and im not sure if it should?
i have this problem with my encounter sometimes but i do normally manage to prise it free with my fingers or failing that tap it on a soft surface like grass or carpet if at home, there is mormally a bit of dirt or its been put away damp and got stuck.

Edited by - hemphead2 on 31 October 2009 6:32:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beerofund

Posted - 03 November 2009 :  12:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beerofund's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Beerofund to your friends list
As has been said before its very good value and bullet proof. I use it as an all round pole with more on drains/canals/rivers than comies. It does handle doubles ok so dont be affraid to use it. Im sure ther are better poles out there but at considerable cost more and cant justify a new one yet when I seem to win most of the coin from those who spend more on there kit. As the saying goes 'All the gear with no idea!'

Go to Top of Page

Lee1977

Posted - 03 November 2009 :  1:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lee1977's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Lee1977 to your friends list
I was going to buy the Medusa but looking at the price and prices of top kits i have opted for a map tks 40 for 300 off Ebay.

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 April 2010 :  11:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
Sorry to bring this up again, I was wondering what the elastic rating is for the power tops. Also, I have the strengthened no.4 but it doesn't fit on any of my pole sections.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Hatchye
Life Member

Bedfordshire
England

Posted - 25 April 2010 :  4:07:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatchye to your friends list
quote :

Sorry to bring this up again, I was wondering what the elastic rating is for the power tops. Also, I have the strengthened no.4 but it doesn't fit on any of my pole sections.

I had middy 22/24 through generic top kits and originl power kits with no problems. Also had 'half'lenths of red hydro etc work ok too, aslong as the top kits are cut back far enough the pole will take a hell of a lot of hammer - never had a scary moment with the original medusa even when dragging out consecutive ass hooked 11 lbers at Rolfs

Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 25 April 2010 :  7:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
The power tops should be capable of taking anything you care to put in them! As you have mentioned before the pole bends a lot when playing big fish which takes some of the strain off the top kits. The Super Taper 4 takes your top kit and fits to the no6 section, leave the standard no5 section in your bag. If this doesn't work then you may have the wrong section for your pole. Did you buy the strong 4 separately?

Go to Top of Page

minnowmaster209
SPRO/Cralusso

Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 25 April 2010 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit minnowmaster209's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add minnowmaster209 to your friends list
no, it came with the pole, Ive tried everything but it won't work,Is it worth anything. Is it worth selling?
Dan

Go to Top of Page

badpegpicker
Proud to be a.....

Northamptonshire
England

My Photo Album

Posted - 25 April 2010 :  8:04:06 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add badpegpicker to your friends list
Dan, the super taper should, as jessebobs says go onto your top kit, and then on the 6th section. They replace the 4th and 5th originals.

Seems funny it doesnt fit yours though, unless the original owner bought a replacement and it was the wrong one!
Maver produced a few different ones. One fitted the Ascencion, Deploy and few other lower priced poles, and there was another tha fits the J series and N series, and a few others.

Might be worth asking Maver if they still have any that will fit yours and then selling the one you have to cover the difference of the price.

I think they used at retail at around 69!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.52 seconds.