The Maggotdrowners Forum - New Maver Elite 77
The Maggotdrowners Forum
  Maggotdrowning.com
Username: Password: Save Password
    GENERAL TOOLS:  Home Page | Register | MaggotMail | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Calendar | Classifieds | Contact us | Advertise | MD's TV
    MEMBER TOOLS:    Log In or Click Here to Register and access these tools.   |   Forgot your Username and/or Password?

All Forums
 Tackle and Baits
 Tackle Talk
 New Maver Elite 77
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

GRIFF

Teesside
United Kingdom

Posted - 08 November 2008 :  6:14:46 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add GRIFF to your friends list
Has anyone seen or used the new maver elite 77 ?
The power top kits are supposed to be alot lighter and have a better action, can you feel or tell the difference between the old type and the new type or is this just a marketing trick to get you to upgrade!!!

The pole is on mavers website

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 10 November 2008 :  9:25:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
Haven't seen one, but I'll be checking out the power top 2s since they are from the same mandrel as my competition series pole, so if they a big leap in lightnes but a reasonable leap in price I'll be buying a couple.

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing
Go to Top of Page

Jessebobs
Steve!

Bristol
Mauritius

My Photo Album

Posted - 10 November 2008 :  10:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Jessebobs an AOL message  Click to see Jessebobs's MSN Messenger address  Send Jessebobs a Yahoo! Message Bookmark this reply Add Jessebobs to your friends list
Huge leap in hype no doubt!

Go to Top of Page

jonathan

West Yorkshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  1:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonathan's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add jonathan to your friends list
maver brought somemore poles out.nothing new there then.all that practice and they still make poo

Go to Top of Page

fishdogmick
catch alot

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  3:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishdogmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishdogmick to your friends list
Jonathan,why are they poo ,i believe maver sell more poles than anyone else so they cannot be all bad ,Ive had my fair share and cannot fault them used correctly

http://kizzyenglishbullterrier.com/.
Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  3:37:21 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
ya rite there pal maver are poo i always use drennan if its good enough for the england boys it cant be that bad. Garbolino a close second though

Go to Top of Page

scuttster
Life Member

Sussex

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  3:39:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scuttster to your friends list
well said fishdogmick. I currently have 4 Maver poles in my holdall (depending on the day and the swim I am in i choose which one I think suitable). I can't fault them either. Use them properly and you'll have no problems at all.

I can't wait for jonathans answer!

Edited by - scuttster on 16 November 2008 3:41:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
shud of saved ya money and bought a decent pole mate

Go to Top of Page

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by benjir

ya rite there pal maver are poo i always use drennan if its good enough for the england boys it cant be that bad.

I can think of only one of the England team that might use a Drennan pole?!

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  6:19:58 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
yeah my mate stuart conroy and maver are still ****

Go to Top of Page

fishdogmick
catch alot

Site Supporter

Lancashire
England

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit fishdogmick's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add fishdogmick to your friends list
benji,what pole do you use

http://kizzyenglishbullterrier.com/.
Go to Top of Page

Google Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Become a Site Supporter and remove these Adverts - Click Here

drayton king
Life Member

England

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  7:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit drayton king's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add drayton king to your friends list
Still waiting lol.

Go to Top of Page

steve 56
Life Member

Site Supporter

Sussex
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  8:11:01 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve 56 to your friends list
quote :
Originally posted by benjir

shud of saved ya money and bought a decent pole mate

theres nothing wrong with maver poles,they been my choice for the
last 17yrs.
never had one brake on me,may be i use them properly.

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  9:00:43 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
i use a garbolino super g10 but ive just treated meself to a zircon aswell nice bit of kit

Go to Top of Page

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 16 November 2008 :  9:04:19 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
what do all you use then

Go to Top of Page

Hatman
Drawbag ace

Site Supporter

West Yorkshire
England

I hate rain

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  2:31:42 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hatman to your friends list
Maver 401. It only breaks when I have an accident, just like other poles would. Mind I've not yet had a 20lb carp or catfish on it, nothing over 15lbs.

Cypry Diem
Wots that all about then?
http://www.middytackle.com Blog offline owing to the hosts closing
Go to Top of Page

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  5:16:22 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
its only an opinion i just dont get how they can bring so many poles out and if by magic each 1 is 100 quid dearer in my eyes they add a number on the end and charge extra

is it me or can any 1 else not spot the difference between say the 371 and the 401 except the price

Again in opinion other makes seem to vary depending on price

Go to Top of Page

Sponsored Advert

Become a
Site Supporter
and remove
this Advert

Advertise here

Paste
Life Member

Yorkshire

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  5:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paste's Homepage Bookmark this reply Add Paste to your friends list
If youve used both matey, there is a major difference, especially after 13 metre.

Go to Top of Page

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  6:42:33 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
like i sed opinion and theres not 300 quid difference to the average jo angler at the end of the day its just a big hype but it obviously works reading these replys

Go to Top of Page

Bungee
Life Member

Lincolnshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  6:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Bungee's MSN Messenger address Bookmark this reply Add Bungee to your friends list
Wish all my bites were wrap-rounds like these! Mines a Tourney by the way! Cheers!

Go to Top of Page

benjir
airity demolisher

Cheshire
United Kingdom

Posted - 17 November 2008 :  6:56:13 PM  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add benjir to your friends list
bungee good choice cant fault ya i sold my torny pro for a super g10

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Maggotdrowning.com    Contact us    Disclaimer    Donations    Support MDs    MaggotMail Login Maggotdrowning.com, 2001 - 2014 Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000
Display: 0.52 seconds.